True Cable Internet

RioMist

I have 20meg true internet cable internet and for weeks now I have had problems with the the internet dropping out. I have had 4 engineer visits and 5 mins after they leave the problem comes back.. The latest news is I had phone call from True informing me that they have a cable problem between Phang Nga and Phuket and it's going to take a long time to solve this problem as it's an expensive problem to solve.Also the caller told me that everyone in Phuket weas having problems. I think if this was true there would be many customer complaining and to be honest I think they are giving me a load of b**l s**t .... The problem seems to be getting worse by the day and now is dropping out every 5 mins. Is anyone who has this connection from True having the same problem or am i getting a load of bull from True??? I think a visit to TOT will be the answer. To be honest I have had True for over 1 year now and until I had this problem I was very happy with the service. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

We have had the exact same problem. Great speeds and reliability till a few weeks ago and now <deleted>. Tech comes out, says everything is good, leaves and problem continues. Often no connection at all. I have given up and am having to use my AIS aircard at work most of the time now.

We have had the exact same problem. Great speeds and reliability till a few weeks ago and now <deleted>. Tech comes out, says everything is good, leaves and problem continues. Often no connection at all. I have given up and am having to use my AIS aircard at work most of the time now.

Ouch. We have True DOCSIS 10 Mbps lines at both of the Sandwich Shoppes, and they're working fine - Patong and Chalong. It's possible that the DOCSIS 20 Mbps service is going up and down, but much more likely that both of you are having local line problems. Don't be bashful about complaining to True, and switching companies. For best results, keep posting your speeds on phuketinternetspeed.com - the service providers all know about the site. You'll simultaneously be documenting your problems for the service providers, and warning other customers in Phuket about problems....

I have the same 10Mbps package as Woody & have noticed some really slow speeds in the past week or so. When I first had it installed it was really slow & they finally told me there was something wrong with the connection outside (where???) but when they fixed it it was fine until recently. I do find their auto call centre pretty useless & next to impossible to actually get a human voice. Once when I did get one she was trying to tell me there was no way Phuket had fibre optic connections from any provider.

I have the same 10Mbps package as Woody & have noticed some really slow speeds in the past week or so. When I first had it installed it was really slow & they finally told me there was something wrong with the connection outside (where???) but when they fixed it it was fine until recently. I do find their auto call centre pretty useless & next to impossible to actually get a human voice. Once when I did get one she was trying to tell me there was no way Phuket had fibre optic connections from any provider.

Well Phuket having no fiber optic is nonsense... TOT have fiber but I guess it depends on where you live in Phuket if it's available or not. I use True cable which is the same cable that True use for their TV service. This is the service that has been giving so many problems... Just got back from True shop in Central and spoke to a very nice manageress there. It's hard to get angry when they are so nice and helpful. Anyway she assures me that all will be back to normal on the 15th of this month and a engineer will call at my house to check all is working well. Also she told me to bring in my next account bill and she will make an ajustment! We ill see !!!!!!!

Ouch. We have True DOCSIS 10 Mbps lines at both of the Sandwich Shoppes, and they're working fine - Patong and Chalong. It's possible that the DOCSIS 20 Mbps service is going up and down, but much more likely that both of you are having local line problems. Don't be bashful about complaining to True, and switching companies. For best results, keep posting your speeds on phuketinternetspeed.com - the service providers all know about the site. You'll simultaneously be documenting your problems for the service providers, and warning other customers in Phuket about problems....

Woody, what is the latest on the cheating via caching that the Thai ISP's were discovered doing? If I recall, the speed tests were producing results which defied the laws of physics, as they were coming back having needed to travel faster than the speed of light. Are there any testing sites that haven't been cached/compromised?

Woody, what is the latest on the cheating via caching that the Thai ISP's were discovered doing? If I recall, the speed tests were producing results which defied the laws of physics, as they were coming back having needed to travel faster than the speed of light. Are there any testing sites that haven't been cached/compromised?

Go to the speed test site Woody listed & do your check with the place beginning with P. Up until a few days ago the ISPs still had not cached it.

Also on 20Mb Docsis and it's been painful for the past week or 2. I get frequent timeout errors that I think are coming from True servers. Definitely something borked along their network AFAICS.

Might be time to add in a second line, or perhaps downgrade to their 14/1.4 package which is nearly half the price.

" The latest news is I had phone call from True informing me that they have a cable problem between Phang Nga and Phuket and it's going to take a long time to solve this problem as it's an expensive problem to solve.Also the caller told me that everyone in Phuket weas having problems. "

This is the same crock of crab 3BB tried to feed me a year ago. I switched to TOT.

You will find that the lies and service from all ISP in Thailand are the same. If you don't believe ask Khun Woody.

Yep, that's why I have two ISPs as did you when you were here Don. I must say though, 3BB has been by far the most reliable ISP I have ever had here in Phuket. If my Wifi modem has any power, even 100 volts some times and I have internet. Although my computer is on battery power... But my local cable company loves me. I was one of their first internet service customers. They keep upgrading my speed and they call me to see if it's working, so they don't have to send some out in my area for service. Power outages are usually the cause of internet outages, at least with my services in my area.

Also on 20Mb Docsis and it's been painful for the past week or 2. I get frequent timeout errors that I think are coming from True servers. Definitely something borked along their network AFAICS.

Might be time to add in a second line, or perhaps downgrade to their 14/1.4 package which is nearly half the price.

Yeah, thats also a problem all the computers here are having. Pages not completely loading flash, emails starting to send but not completing, and attempts to update to our website are not completing. Switched tot he AIS 3G dongle and all problems solved.

When I operated don's Mall in Phuket I also had businesses in Samui, Bangkok, Chiang Rai and Kunming China. The internet was extremely important as I received daily reports, and communications every day from staff there. We started with IPStar and it was really bad. Later after a talk with CAT they put in 2 fiber optic cables for me one going to Bangkok and and returning. I had to have a sophisticated Cisco router and distribution network in the compound. This was expensive but it work great and fast. Later they reduced the price. If you remember, I had the best Wi-Fi system around. Many people who made their living using the internet including a professional sports agent with spend the day in my dinning room. It was fast and reliable. In my home I had BBB which was not bad. In Chiang Rai where I live now I have TOT and am 7 km out of town. The speed really sucks. TOT has been here many times I they keep telling me that soon Bangkok is going to give them more band width international. I use streaming live Sling Box from the USA a lot and it is poor.Fiber is not available this far out. So far nothing has happend. I have no other choice than to revert to IpStar which they tell me is still no good because of the ground station operators can't control the system. Sor commercial operations in Phuket I think most of them depend on CAT otherwise they probably could not operate. For private users as Khun Woody has pointed they are all about the same with their ups and then downs that stay down and low. All of the free city TOT hot spots has suck up a lot of their bandwidth. I don't see a real effort or budget for TOT to do anything. Everything in Chiang Rai has to go to Chiang Mai before distribution to Bangkok for the international gateway. I must say that some people in the city do have fiber and they say it is OK for their needs.

Agree with the others who reckon that these ISPs are all the same. Three or four weeks ago, I had a problem with my 3BB service (frequent drop-outs) and got them out to take a look. They said my modem was the problem and to use the 3BB-supplied one. Then they couldn't get that one to work (with the router) at all. Finally, they got it sort of working, but then a couple of days later, nothing. They came out again and fiddled with my router settings for ten minutes, looked confused, and then told me that the router was gone and had to be replaced. Just before I headed out the door to buy a new one, I decided to change a setting myself, reckoning there could be a conflict (with the modem) in the router URL settings that they tried. I input an address that I knew wouldn't conflict with the modem and presto, back online immediately and haven't missed a beat since. Yes, they narrowed the problem down for me but then they didn't have a clue how to fix it themselves. 10/10 for their knowledge and professionalism - not!

E: Clarif

Edited by Ping

Agree with the others who reckon that these ISPs are all the same. Three or four weeks ago, I had a problem with my 3BB service (frequent drop-outs) and got them out to take a look. They said my modem was the problem and to use the 3BB-supplied one. Then they couldn't get that one to work (with the router) at all. Finally, they got it sort of working, but then a couple of days later, nothing. They came out again and fiddled with my router settings for ten minutes, looked confused, and then told me that the router was gone and had to be replaced. Just before I headed out the door to buy a new one, I decided to change a setting myself, reckoning there could be a conflict (with the modem) in the router URL settings that they tried. I input an address that I knew wouldn't conflict with the modem and presto, back online immediately and haven't missed a beat since. Yes, they narrowed the problem down for me but then they didn't have a clue how to fix it themselves. 10/10 for their knowledge and professionalism - not!

E: Clarif

I had the same problem with 3BB when I first got 3BB installed. The installer was pretty clueless. I ended up doing the modem/router setup as he watched...

Well Phuket having no fiber optic is nonsense... TOT have fiber but I guess it depends on where you live in Phuket if it's available or not. I use True cable which is the same cable that True use for their TV service. This is the service that has been giving so many problems... Just got back from True shop in Central and spoke to a very nice manageress there. It's hard to get angry when they are so nice and helpful. Anyway she assures me that all will be back to normal on the 15th of this month and a engineer will call at my house to check all is working well. Also she told me to bring in my next account bill and she will make an ajustment! We ill see !!!!!!!

She confirmed the same to me yesterday.

Just had a call from True (should they change their name to LIE) hahahaha.... They informed me that a tech will come to my house today to try and solve the noise on my line.... but hold on a min they told me a couple of days ago that the problems were a cable fault between Phang Nga and Phuket! Now which is it..??? My line outside my house or Phang Nga??? Getting speeds between 2 and 5 meg... should be 20meg... !! and still getting dropouts but not quite so often as before. Will keep you posted on what the Tech says when he arrives!

Had 3BB out to the house a few weeks back. They checked the pole on the street and said all was OK. Then checked my connection at the house (about 50m away) and said it was a broken line. The line was installed by my contractor who built my house and is all underground. They packed up and left. A few days later, the line was working! Obviously, not a broken line.

Just had a call from True (should they change their name to LIE) hahahaha.... They informed me that a tech will come to my house today to try and solve the noise on my line.... but hold on a min they told me a couple of days ago that the problems were a cable fault between Phang Nga and Phuket! Now which is it..??? My line outside my house or Phang Nga??? Getting speeds between 2 and 5 meg... should be 20meg... !! and still getting dropouts but not quite so often as before. Will keep you posted on what the Tech says when he arrives!

Getting between 2 & 5Mbps should be standard for international download speeds with your package as ISPs only give 10% for international. Can get 100% within Thailand but how many websites which you use have their servers in Thailand?

Edited by Valentine

The True tech turned up yesterday afternoon and spent about 3 hours up the poles down the street.. he came to my house about 5 pm and informed me everything now ok. He did some speed tests and they were great. Over 40k to bkk and 25-30k to UK and USA. Very happy....and he left after 15 mins. Everything was ok for about 30 mins after he left.. then started to drop out again. It was terrible last night with dropouts every 5-10 mins. This morning again getting good speed tests to bkk and europe but just before I started to type this it dropped out again. Will give it good tests today and if this continues with dropping out I will be off to the True shop tomorrow to see what excuses they have this time... Me thinks it's time to visit TOT but I would really like True to sort this problem as I was very happy with True until 2 months ago..