Static Ip Address

Viper

Hi, Ive been trying to find out for some time now if its possible to obtain a static ip address from my internet service provide csloxinfo.

When i call loxinfo, unfortunatly nobody seems to know what the hel_l im talking about :o Does anybody here know if its possible to obtain one in Bangkok please?

Hi, Ive been trying to find out for some time now if its possible to obtain a static ip address from my internet service provide csloxinfo.

When i call loxinfo, unfortunatly nobody seems to know what the hel_l im talking about :o Does anybody here know if its possible to obtain one in Bangkok please?

Definitely possible. I had one for a long time a few years ago to host a company "intranet". Cost a fortune though! Eventually ended up hosting the "intranet" on a dedicated server, which worked out to be faster and cheaper.

Try using the vocabulary "Fixed IP" with the customer service people at Loxinfo. They may not understand "static". Static is something they get on their TV, not their internet!

Hope this helps......

I'm using StarConnext (2way satellite) and have a (static) fixed IP, It costs an extra 1000 baht per year, and when the service works I get full speed (512kbps). However the catch is "when it works", which is on average 6 to 8 hours per day. Right now I'm fighting time outs, and destination net unreachable, and usually around 10pm the service runs continuously until aroun 4am or 6am before it stops completely.

I use Ji-Net in Chiang Mai and recently got an ad with my bill about new packages that include a static IP. Of course the packages cost more, but it was not outrageous. I didn't keep the ad and can't remember the details...but a static IP is certainly possible.