Pattaya Municipal Officer Involved In Road Rage At Bali Hai Port

Rimmer

Pattaya Municipal Officer involved in road rage at Bali Hai Port

fight-11.jpg

PATTAYA:--In what is being described as another dent in the reputation of Pattaya and its fragile tourist industry, a Municipal Officer was involved in a road rage incident at the Bali Hai Port last week which was filmed and uploaded to You Tube where the video is starting to go viral.

newsjsThe video was shot on 9th February and caught the aftermath of a minor road accident where the local government vehicle reportedly backed into a motorbike driven by a Thai man wearing a white shirt.

In the moments following the accident, words were exchanged between both parties which led one of the Municipal Officers to attack and repeatedly punched the Thai Motorbike driver who retaliated with punches of his own. Another officer tried to break up the fight and repeatedly asked for assistance from onlookers who offered no assistance. Many tourists were at the port and witnessed the fight.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/74210/pattaya-municipal-officer-involved-road-rage-bali-hai-port/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2013-02-12

If he was fiered without pension etc. and all other was informed, then was the first step taken !

THen from now on, should all officials be fired right away when done any criminal act, inclusive corruption, fired right away ! No pension etc.

And 100 Baht is also corruption !

In Denmark 2 police officers got an official warning because they got free coffee at McDonalds !!

So I always thought these crew where Police? No? What is a Municipal Officer? What are their responsibilities?

Why do they have lights on their vehicle and wear, a uniform festooned with coloured stripes. Basically they just look like cops to me?

Municipal Officers are the toe rags that extort money from the street traders, rag pickers Etc....

• Like 2

If he was fiered without pension etc. and all other was informed, then was the first step taken !

THen from now on, should all officials be fired right away when done any criminal act, inclusive corruption, fired right away ! No pension etc.

And 100 Baht is also corruption !

In Denmark 2 police officers got an official warning because they got free coffee at McDonalds !!

Well sorry to break the news for you... Your not in Denmark any more mate :)

So I always thought these crew where Police? No? What is a Municipal Officer? What are their responsibilities?

Why do they have lights on their vehicle and wear, a uniform festooned with coloured stripes. Basically they just look like cops to me?

Municipal Officers are the toe rags that extort money from the street traders, rag pickers Etc....

They are the bag men for the regular cops.

.....so many 'officers' in Thailand....self-important...

....like when the army officer ran over the woman doctor for a parking spot......

(...I know the feeling firsthand.....they do like they own the road...or your parking spot in front of your home...)

.....what to do......move again...???

I saw the video on Youtube. I cannot see how it could go viral. I almost got sick from watching it thinking I was on a sailboat trying to navigate through a hurricane. The videographer was all over the place shaking, moving and apparently cheering when on of the morons got boxed. I did however see the Thai Policeman, security guard or whatever he was trying to be attempting to keep the peace and failing miserably. The assailant kept coming back while the cop was on the radio apparently calling for back up and I guess assistance from the mob watching the show? I guess if he was a cop he did not have mace, gun, taser?

I guess if he was a cop he did not have mace, gun, taser?

As the most part, relentlessly attacking man, was the Policemans-Securityguards compatriot - a Municipal officer,he could not use that mace or whatever against that one. rolleyes.gif

Using it against the Motorbike guy, who was mostly receiving the punishment, would not had helped either! whistling.gif

The reason why the on-lookers did not step in to calm the situation down is because in Thailand, the average citizen HATES the Police and/or these so-called City-Hall cops, who are not trained "Law-Enforcement officers, but basically City-Hall Security Guards, albeit without any proper training.

This was a disgusting situation and I sincerely hope that these uniformed monkeys get thrown of that "force" at once !

1zgarz5.gif

• Like 2

Pretty typical...

when all the job post means is a status elevation and seen as an excuse not to behave like a "normal person" who are now beneath them...

What happened to people who wanted to do a job to help people and stand up for the meek?

All i ever see is people taking advantage of their positions...

"another dent in the reputation of Pattaya" dent? really, I'd say the reputation of Pattaya

is pretty much totaly mangled, shattered and died long time ago...

You're right, although it's not (another) dent in Pattaya's reputation; it's more a confirmation of Pattaya's reputation.

BTW........the driver of the pick-up is ready for an extended session at one of Pattaya's shrinks.......if there are any!

Say what you like about Pattaya it's still ten times less boring than everywhere else in Thailand and a hundred times nicer than Phuket and Bangkok.

You would hope so, something has to make up for the very high crime rate