Road Trip, Phetchabun To Pattaya And Return.

prestburypark

Before it gets too hot I feel like stretching the legs on my bike a little bit. I know to some of you Iron Butters this is a middling distance, but should be fun. About 600 klicks avoiding motorways I think.

I am thinking of going towards the end of February. If anyone is interested in coming along for the ride and can suggest an interesting route , or just suggest a route, that would be great. Provisionally I have pencilled in:

Phetchabun-Saraburi Route 21

Saraburi-Nakhon Nayon Route 33

Nakhon Nayon- Chachoengsao Route 319

Chachoengsao-Pattaya Route 331 (Google Maps distance 540km, 8 hrs 17 mins (Ha Ha)

This is from Google Maps and not too detailed, will need to get a decent map and find possible places of interest or even a stopover.

I plan on staying a few days, have a few things done at Kawasaki Pattaya and head back, maybe a different route.

"Chachoengsao-Pattaya Route 331 (Google Maps distance 540km, 8 hrs 17 mins (Ha Ha)"

Your supposed to ride the bike on 331, not push it. 555

Plus that road is truck hell at the wrong time of day.....plus the road surface is really bad in places.

smile.png

"Chachoengsao-Pattaya Route 331 (Google Maps distance 540km, 8 hrs 17 mins (Ha Ha)"

Your supposed to ride the bike on 331, not push it. 555

Plus that road is truck hell at the wrong time of day.....plus the road surface is really bad in places.

Thats the time from Phetchabun for the whole trip, smile.png (google maps estimate) the" ha ha "was that I go a bit quicker than that!

Thats why I asked for route advice, cheers for the heads up on that road, don't mind a bit of extra distance if its a pleasant road.

That's cool. I will be there tomorrow for a few days, but driving down with the Mrs. Will stick around to see the sights..Cbrer, Khao Yai is looking like the way to go, cheers for that. Going to source a proper map this week. Might head up Chang Mai way shortly after the Pattaya trip for a few days too.

I'd be interested in at least part of that ride where I'd be coming from Nakhon Sawan. If you're trying to get to Patters in the least amount of time the route you chose is not too bad.

Another route that would be more interesting would be to go up to Lom Sak, over to Khon Kaen via [12] and then down to Korat via [AH12] which becomes [AH19]/[304] and is mildly interesting until Kabinburi. From there it's straight down to Khao Mai Kaeo and in to Pattaya.

Google Maps states that it's 736km and 9hr 28m. Alternatively you could cut some 50 km off by skipping Khon Kaen and going down the [201] from Chum Phae down to Chaiyaphum and over the 205 to Korat.

Of course there's all sorts of ways to skin a cat; but after goat mountain other boardmembers may tell you not to listen to my 'alternative' routes too much.

• Like 1

I'd be interested in at least part of that ride where I'd be coming from Nakhon Sawan. If you're trying to get to Patters in the least amount of time the route you chose is not too bad.

Another route that would be more interesting would be to go up to Lom Sak, over to Khon Kaen via [12] and then down to Korat via [AH12] which becomes [AH19]/[304] and is mildly interesting until Kabinburi. From there it's straight down to Khao Mai Kaeo and in to Pattaya.

Google Maps states that it's 736km and 9hr 28m. Alternatively you could cut some 50 km off by skipping Khon Kaen and going down the [201] from Chum Phae down to Chaiyaphum and over the 205 to Korat.

Of course there's all sorts of ways to skin a cat; but after goat mountain other boardmembers may tell you not to listen to my 'alternative' routes too much.

I drive the road from Phetchabun to Saraburi pretty often,and its fine until Saraburi...I might just swallow that bit of nastiness for ease of navigation and go the Nakhon Sawan way. Otherwise I would split it into 2 days and do Khon Khaen, overnight there and down to Patters the next day. Got some reasonable maps now and having a look. Cheers.