The Myth Of The 'take Care Thai Girl'

norrona

Just popping by to see if the extended debate has bought some clarity to the OP ...

... rolleyes.gif

David, quite apt you pop along. This thread was making me think about wandering clots...Hope yours is improving?

Well, I don't wish to obstruct the free flow of focused commentary ... however a temporary blockage might be tolerated.

Actually, feeling OK, thanks for asking ... wai.gif

The rat poison I can deal with but the stocking is a seriously a PIA to roll on every morning, thus I'm glad I was not born female.

Actually the stocking is a great help in reducing the girth on my leg and it is no longer swollen, nor bloated.

If only you got blood clots in the abdominal area (thus applying the compression bandage there), my physique could return to it's former glory days ... whistling.gif

Edited by David48

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the OP has it backwards.

Any time i have heard the phrase "take care", it wasn't the girl who was expected to do it.

I agree, part of the reason for the post actually, a lot of my wifes thai friends that live here in UK are treated by their husbands as if they are their oldest daughter in terms of they get spoilt rotten, not monetary but these blokes are provider-taxi-sort out everything when they going somewhere and sort out everything when it all goes wrong!

Sounds like a normal thing to give your wife transportation and help her with whatever problems she might have. And I thought we were talking about men being spoiled by their wives? Is it happy couples that bother you the most?

i think you have missed the point.

It has nothing to do with the relative happiness of the couple.

the term (or verb as it is commonly used) is "take care" (not take care of) in Thai English is generally used in the same way as "to support" ie financially.

I have heard it used that way many times in my time here from all types of girl. It is a form of appropriated language that is often used even when it is Thai being spoken amongst Thai's.

I have actually met these "take care" girls, Thais trying to fob me off with their useless family members.

When I asked, what can the girl do, the answer was, "take care"

The fact that the girl was unemployed due to her low education and lack of English skills was lost on these people.

Needless to say I declined their offers.

As for, "take care Thai girl", yes I believe it, they also forgot to add, take care Thai girl family, take care Thai girl family livestock, translates as, just keep sending money every month sucker, dont bother writing, love you long time.

There are mllions of Thai women, some nice, some out for what they can get. Take your time, some are shy, some are the life and sole.

I am single through choice and not because of lack of offers and i get plenty of bed fun but I want the right one.

How many men shack up witht the frist girl that shows interest?.

• Like 2

some interesting opinions and then the expected pull the thread to bits whatever way we can responses, furry muff can't deny that I haven't commented on another thread in the same way in the past....but I can say I have never been as pedantic as to go on about punctuation or grammar, I am sad but don't think I could get as sad as that!

I don't smother/spoil my wife, I might even have it all wrong but from my observations on the supposed 'happy couples that bother me' the fellas doing the running about here, there and everywhere get no more respect from their wives than I do from mine and have told me, what I have said to them is as long as they are happy then crack on but there is a feeling that they wish they'd never been so easy to do it in the first place and can't say no now?

You do before why you not do now na?

There are mllions of Thai women, some nice, some out for what they can get. Take your time, some are shy, some are the life and sole.

I am single through choice and not because of lack of offers and i get plenty of bed fun but I want the right one.

How many men shack up witht the frist girl that shows interest?.

Well, after waiting 30 years for that first one to show interest, can you really blame me, I couldn't risk another 30 year wait.

That sounds more like a calculated risk, at least you did some homwework regarding housing etc. Many don't.

some interesting opinions and then the expected pull the thread to bits whatever way we can responses, furry muff can't deny that I haven't commented on another thread in the same way in the past....but I can say I have never been as pedantic as to go on about punctuation or grammar, I am sad but don't think I could get as sad as that!

I don't smother/spoil my wife, I might even have it all wrong but from my observations on the supposed 'happy couples that bother me' the fellas doing the running about here, there and everywhere get no more respect from their wives than I do from mine and have told me, what I have said to them is as long as they are happy then crack on but there is a feeling that they wish they'd never been so easy to do it in the first place and can't say no now?

You used a couple commas - good job! Now a few more periods and you'll be on to something!thumbsup.gif

You used a couple commas - good job! Now a few more periods and you'll be on to something!thumbsup.gif

you are about as funny as having weeping piles and getting the trots......good day stavros tongue.png