Maenam Cny Thanks Are Due

Yes a good event... overall.....

But yes, the 200 baht thing was a bit strange....they seemed a bit ridiculously rude about dealing with that with people, .... so I turned away blink.png I think it was supposed to only be for a meal ?..... by then I was stuffed nibbling down the street wink.png

I then walked around the beach and came in by the Chinese Sala, where it was not blocked,..... By the time I had done that, they had taken the blocked off (Pay ) area down, as I meet a few people who had not paid the 200 baht! .... Perhaps around 6 pm....

Really the only black eye on the whole thing, that I saw!

Yes a good event... overall.....

But yes, the 200 baht thing was a bit strange....they seemed a bit ridiculously rude about dealing with that with people, .... so I turned away blink.png I think it was supposed to only be for a meal ?..... by then I was stuffed nibbling down the street wink.png

I then walked around the beach and came in by the Chinese Sala, where it was not blocked,..... By the time I had done that, they had taken the blocked off (Pay ) area down, as I meet a few people who had not paid the 200 baht! .... Perhaps around 6 pm....

Really the only black eye on the whole thing, that I saw!

I think that you are correct. Obviously the 'Samui factor' cut in there for a while. sad.png

They tried a similar thing at Big Buddha some years ago during Loy Kratong. Guess what - no one goes to Big buddah at LK anymore. thumbsup.gif

When I was walking around the beach to get in to the Temple area, to avoid the 200 baht guys, I saw this... .... I did not need it! biggrin.png

Kind of surprised to see it being sold though w00t.gif Reminds me of dentists, in the days before Nova-cane wink.png

IMG_4585.JPG

Edited by samuijimmy

When I was walking around the beach to get in to the Temple area, to avoid the 200 baht guys, I saw this... .... I did not need it! biggrin.png

Kind of surprised to see it being sold though w00t.gif Reminds me of dentists, in the days before Nova-cane wink.png

Yes - and the dentist had to have a qualified assistant in case anything went wrong sick.gif

Worrying if it is being sold 'over the counter'.

Edited by Tropicalevo

200 baht is correct and as I live in the village I decided to pay up for myself and wife to show our support to the local community so a total of 400 baht was handed over what did I get in return two t shirts worth about 50 baht each and two meal tickets what did we eat we had 6 thai fish cakes and 2 small kebabs I would say no more than 50 baht on a street food stall so all in all big profits were being made by someone however as I am a resident of Maenam I do not mind !!!!!!

I spoke with one of the volunteers about the 200 baht thing. (different group) He said:-

"All the money collected was donated to the temple, also said that many Thai's were upset as to the way they did it and blocking off the road..."

So let's hope we don't see that way again next year!

All the money collected for the red dragon T shirts, was donated too.... as too the money given to the dragons.....

IMG_5987.JPG

Yes - and the dentist had to have a qualified assistant in case anything went wrong sick.gif

Worrying if it is being sold 'over the counter'.

The laughing gas is also sold on Soi Green Mango. I saw one girl take a shot and she nearly collapsed. She wasn't laughing much.

• Like 2