Nato-Led Strike Kills 10 Civilians As Obama Assures Withdrawal Of 34,000 Troops In Afghanistan

News_Editor

NATO-led strike kills 10 civilians as Obama assures withdrawal of 34,000 troops in Afghanistan < br />

2013-02-14 10:43:06 GMT+7 (ICT)

KABUL, AFGHANISTAN (BNO NEWS) -- As United States President Barack Obama announces the withdrawal of 34,000 troops from Afghanistan, a NATO-led air strike killed at least ten civilians in the country, officials said Wednesday.

The air strike was carried out in Shegal District located in the province of Kunar in eastern Afghanistan by the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF), which was targeting three Taliban commanders.

Officials confirmed the death of the three Taliban commanders, but the air strike also killed ten civilians, including five children, four women, and a man, according to Kunar Governor Syed Fazlullah Wahidi, who spoke with local media.

Through its Twitter account, ISAF said it was aware of the reports, stating that "we take every allegation of civilian casualties very seriously."

Some reports indicate that the civilians could have been family members of the targeted Taliban commanders, but Afghan President Hamid Karzai condemned the incident and ordered an investigation into the case. He also underlined that the war on terrorism is not in Afghan villages.

The situation comes as President Obama spoke at the annual State of the Union Address to the Congress, stating that "this spring, our forces will move into a support role, while Afghan security forces take the lead. Tonight, I can announce that over the next year, another 34,000 American troops will come home from Afghanistan."

With 33,000 servicemen and women already back from Afghanistan, Obama added that the drawdown will continue, bringing and "by the end of next year, our war in Afghanistan will be over."

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2013-02-14

Sad most of all for the children killed. As for the women and (non-terrorist?) man, they're just stupid for hanging out anywhere near someone who the westerners might deem a terrorist. ...and to endanger kids in the process is despicable.

here's a conversation I'd like to hear:

Terrorist: "Wife, fire up some camel dung and fix me some tea."

Wife: "Do it yourself. Me and the kids aren't hanging out anywhere near you, drone magnet."

I recall an interview with an al-qaeda leader. During the middle of a 60 minute interview, in which his kids were playing in the background, The interviewer asked "what do you hope for your son? What kind of future do you see for him". The man answered "I hope that he dies a martyr".

I cannot understand a person like that.

Sad most of all for the children killed. As for the women and (non-terrorist?) man, they're just stupid for hanging out anywhere near someone who the westerners might deem a terrorist. ...and to endanger kids in the process is despicable.

Wife: "Do it yourself. Me and the kids aren't hanging out anywhere near you, drone magnet."

the genius comments again bah.gif

the genius comments again bah.gif

If you don't agree with my satiric commentary, then articulate why. Are you capable of that?

I recall an interview with an al-qaeda leader. During the middle of a 60 minute interview, in which his kids were playing in the background, The interviewer asked "what do you hope for your son? What kind of future do you see for him". The man answered "I hope that he dies a martyr".

I cannot understand a person like that.

In view of that the Islamists must be quite pleased if their families are 'martyred', it's only western liberals who seem to be upset. In which case the military should be withdrawn immediately, and those who condemned then will hopefully never call on their services to defend the freedoms they take for granted.