Heartbroken Japanese Man Jumps To His Death At Crowne Plaza Hotel: Bangkok

webfact

Did anyone else notice the similarity in this story to the Aussie one ???

"They did not discover signs of struggle but an ashtray filled with cigarette butts "

And this from the report about the Aussie

"and a many cigarette butts smoked by the victim."

Must be something dodgy in those Thai cigarettes !!!!!

Perhaps the Royal Thai Police have a shared folder on their main server which has a document titled "Farang Hotel Death", in which some officers, after purchasing their positions do not have the skills to sufficiently modify in order to have the report appear to be indistinguishable from any other.

There are some great cops that work very hard, there are also some shockers who clearly put absolutely no effort into the work they do - the death of a foreigner should be taken very seriously, especially when the patronage of those foreigners and the cash injection they constantly provide to Thailand IS a national treasure, even if most have forgotten it is and now take it for granted.

Actually, given that they met in a pub, she was probably involved in the sex trade. It's got to be extremely painful and bad for the ego, when you get stood up by a sex worker.

Yes, but if you have been living in, or frequenting Thailand for long enough, regardless of if you frequent bars or elsewhere, you will realise that a large percentage if the girls working in these establishments are mentally unwell, and have a very unrealistic, greedy and materialistic view of the world. They go through stages, intially being the "cute girl everyone wants", making huge sums of money (stage 1), they then enter (stage 2), realising that they are getting a little fatter, their teeth are blackening from the drink and their stomach is starting to bulge because of all the drinks and bad eating habits... enter (stage 3), they tell a story that they want to settle down because they like the guy, and end up being with him, sometimes for life, but often until they can get half of what is his, as well as all of the house he built for them in Isaan.

There are a few good girls from the bars, but most, especially those there over longer periods of time, get "infected" mentally by some of the nutcases they have to deal with, both as customers and colleagues..

Perhaps this was the last hurrah, "I'm broke, there are no real job prospects for a 58 year old man, I just got laid a bunch of times by a young woman, time to check out." or "Oh crap, I had a, naked, hot young woman in my room for a few days and I couldn't get an erection, time to jump!".

The reporting is so bad in these stories, and the supposed plot line is so thin that I often wonder if many are just made up by the 'reporters'

In this story, his room was the 27th floor (in the text) but he apparently jumped from the 29th floor (in the header) - so why was he on the 29th floor at 4AM ?

Headlines ? " heartbroken" - no evidence ! ----- "jumps" - no evidence !

True headline - " Japanese man dies in 3 floor fall at Crowne Plaza " . Sorry, that will never sell to the readers !