Yelllow Book

Capealava

The yellow book is free of charge.

Got mine 2 weeks ago, absolutely free & also picked up my friends while I was there, no signing for it even.

Yes... but can you confirm WHERE you got it? This thread started with people being asked for 4500 baht at Pattaya City Hall with comments about free ones from the Nongbua Amphurs office.

Here's my questions:

1 - Anyone tried to get one from the Nong Pla Lai Amphurs office?

2 - Anyone done an address change on their yellow book?

3 - Did they edit the original yellow book or did they issue a new one?

Below is from an earlier post that you obviously didn't read.

I live near Nongprue Offices, Banglamung wouldn't allow me to do it there, it must be done where you are residing.

At least that was what I was told but.......TIT

Edited by ROBINPATTAYA

The yellow book is free of charge.

Got mine 2 weeks ago, absolutely free & also picked up my friends while I was there, no signing for it even.

Yes... but can you confirm WHERE you got it? This thread started with people being asked for 4500 baht at Pattaya City Hall with comments about free ones from the Nongbua Amphurs office.

Here's my questions:

1 - Anyone tried to get one from the Nong Pla Lai Amphurs office?

2 - Anyone done an address change on their yellow book?

3 - Did they edit the original yellow book or did they issue a new one?

Below is from an earlier post that you obviously didn't read.

I live near Nongprue Offices, Banglamung wouldn't allow me to do it there, it must be done where you are residing.

At least that was what I was told but.......TIT

I did read it but none of your posts on this thread say where you got yours (and your buddies) yellow books. From your first post (#6), there's an inference the gender of the person taking your application that it was possibly Pattaya City Hall but nothing specific.

If you did indeed get yours for free there, then maybe the OP wasn't dressed proper, or caught her on a 'bad-hair' day, or didn't speak proper, or didn't wai right, or smelled of beer, or hadn't brushed his teeth or, her boss told her to pull her head in.

Yellow Book update.

Thanks to simple1 for the phone number, my better half just spoke to the officer at City Hall. The requirements for me were given as,

1. Translation of Passport details page. in Thai.

2. Birth Certificate translated to Thai.

3.Letter to certify residence from Immigration.

4. 3X1 inch photos.

5. Photocopy of Chanot, and sale agreement from land office from when I bought the Condo.

6. 2 Thai witness', my wife is fine for one.

7.Copy of our Marriage Certificate translated toThai.

8.Copy of ID card and Tappien Bahn for the 2 Thai witness'

9. The Yellow book is free of charge.

I suppose conditons and requirements may vary from Amphur to Amphur. But I will give it a shot anyhow and keep all interested party's informed.

BW.

I visited City Hall Pattaya to lodge the requested documents and apply for the Yellow book, the person who checked all the paperwork had 2 issues.The first raised was that the letter to certify residence was issued about 8 weeks prior to my 1 year extension of stay expires and thus she claimed I only had a 2 month Visa which wasnt a 1 year! after I was given a chance to show that it was indeed a Non o, 1 year extension she did give in and accepted that. Then she claimed that my translations of Birth Certificate and Passport from English to Thai were indeed faultless,but alas they could not be accepted as the Translation Law Office in Soi Post Office was not on the list of authourised translators and I would have to get them re-done at some shop in Soi Umae!

I immediately called the Translator lawyer and told him his translations were of no use, he spoke to the City Hall Official, there was some banter back and forth but she wouldnt give in and referred us to the "Boss" after the boss spoke with the Lawyer with no real progress, there was really little left to do except offer a little "lubrication" to help the wheels of progress turn. In the end the paperwork was duly lodged without the reccomended translator in Soi Umae, and accepted with a smile and a promise the Yellow Book will be ready in about 3 weeks, delayed a little due to the Sonkran holiday.

So lets see how it goes, I will update after.

BW

• 4 weeks later...

Yellow book arrived a little later than expected, as it was delayed due to Sonkran.

Quite an asset, I just hope it will save me the time and effort getting a Letter to Certify Residence every time I turn. Interesting to see that it also has my parents names listed although they are both long gone.

Regards BW.

Definite answer to where to get the yellow book done is to ask the people in your family where they get theirs blue book house registry 'Tabien Ban' from, in the blue book there will usually be a designated 'head of household' (usually the dad) who's supposed to take care of matters in his/her household like reporting birth/death, bring them along as well.

Technically you're supposed to inform the Amphur if you move and have your name transferred to the yellow book belonging to the new address, but even Thais don't always move and put their names down at their parents' so I supposed once you managed to get one and you'll be the only farang in that house, might as well take it with you and save the hassle.

For Thai blue book, there is a 'central registry' for those that don't have a place of their own, as most lanlord won't let them move into their bluebook, so they could go to the Amphur or Pattaya city hall to put their names on and can get certified copies when they need it for work, apply for loans and whatever, but they appear dodgy, essentially saying that you are 'of no fixed addess' I'm not sure if there are similar systems for yellow books

so what are the requirments

for a yellow book i have 20 yrs left on a lease in my name on a property

legally belonging to my ex, how do i go about getting a yellow book ? i have a retirement visa.

You need your ex-wife, her ID card, her blue book and you and your passport ID and the current visa, marriage and divorce certificates, proof of residence, lease agreements and translations thereof... pretty much as listed in the earlier posts re- condo dwellers. Oh, and a witness may also be required. It was in my instance but that wasn't in Pattaya.

Good luck!

Edited by NanLaew

so what are the requirments

for a yellow book i have 20 yrs left on a lease in my name on a property

legally belonging to my ex, how do i go about getting a yellow book ? i have a retirement visa.

You need your ex-wife, her ID card, her blue book and you and your passport ID and the current visa, marriage and divorce certificates, proof of residence, lease agreements and translations thereof... pretty much as listed in the earlier posts re- condo dwellers. Oh, and a witness may also be required. It was in my instance but that wasn't in Pattaya.

Good luck!

Or you can read post #22 and #25 which clearly shows that nothing was required in my case.

Best advice, go to your local Amphur and ask, because your mileage may differ from Amphur to Amphur.

Yellow Book update.

Thanks to simple1 for the phone number, my better half just spoke to the officer at City Hall. The requirements for me were given as,

1. Translation of Passport details page. in Thai.

2. Birth Certificate translated to Thai.

3.Letter to certify residence from Immigration.

4. 3X1 inch photos.

5. Photocopy of Chanot, and sale agreement from land office from when I bought the Condo.

6. 2 Thai witness', my wife is fine for one.

7.Copy of our Marriage Certificate translated toThai.

8.Copy of ID card and Tappien Bahn for the 2 Thai witness'

9. The Yellow book is free of charge.

I suppose conditons and requirements may vary from Amphur to Amphur. But I will give it a shot anyhow and keep all interested party's informed.

BW.

I visited City Hall Pattaya to lodge the requested documents and apply for the Yellow book, the person who checked all the paperwork had 2 issues.The first raised was that the letter to certify residence was issued about 8 weeks prior to my 1 year extension of stay expires and thus she claimed I only had a 2 month Visa which wasnt a 1 year! after I was given a chance to show that it was indeed a Non o, 1 year extension she did give in and accepted that. Then she claimed that my translations of Birth Certificate and Passport from English to Thai were indeed faultless,but alas they could not be accepted as the Translation Law Office in Soi Post Office was not on the list of authourised translators and I would have to get them re-done at some shop in Soi Umae!

I immediately called the Translator lawyer and told him his translations were of no use, he spoke to the City Hall Official, there was some banter back and forth but she wouldnt give in and referred us to the "Boss" after the boss spoke with the Lawyer with no real progress, there was really little left to do except offer a little "lubrication" to help the wheels of progress turn. In the end the paperwork was duly lodged without the reccomended translator in Soi Umae, and accepted with a smile and a promise the Yellow Book will be ready in about 3 weeks, delayed a little due to the Sonkran holiday.

So lets see how it goes, I will update after.

BW

Can you say how much "lubrication" was needed?

• 2 months later...

Woohoo! Time to bump the Pattaya yellow book thread.

Has anyone obtained one while staying in a rental property? I would think it could be possible with the landlord (or house owner) presenting themselves and ID card along with the property's blue book and a copy of the rental agreement at the relevant office along with the applicant and his proof of existence and right to be in Thailand?

I have a yellow book for the Udon property but we have moved to the dark side of Pattaya so wondering if getting a yellow book for a rental property in Nongplalai is possible.... I don't even know where the Nongplalai Amphur office is yet!

Has anyone obtained one while staying in a rental property? I would think it could be possible with the landlord (or house owner) presenting themselves and ID card along with the property's blue book and a copy of the rental agreement at the relevant office along with the applicant and his proof of existence and right to be in Thailand?

I have a yellow book for the Udon property but we have moved to the dark side of Pattaya so wondering if getting a yellow book for a rental property in Nongplalai is possible.... I don't even know where the Nongplalai Amphur office is yet!

For Nongplalai you will have to go to the Banglamung amphur behind the police station on Sukhumvit. If you have a yellow book already it shouldn't be a big issue since the address is entered in that same book. You will probably need a document from Ubon that you left there, as you can hold only 1 yellow book same as a Thai can be registered in only 1 blue book.

Go have a talk at the Banglamung amphur, they're not too difficult in their handlings, since post #22 in this thread refers to the same amphur.smile.png

For Nongplalai you will have to go to the Banglamung amphur behind the police station on Sukhumvit. If you have a yellow book already it shouldn't be a big issue since the address is entered in that same book. You will probably need a document from Ubon that you left there, as you can hold only 1 yellow book same as a Thai can be registered in only 1 blue book.

Go have a talk at the Banglamung amphur, they're not too difficult in their handlings, since post #22 in this thread refers to the same amphur.smile.png

Nice advice, thanks! Our marriage was registered there oh so many years ago so maybe that will be an added bonus. Looks like I will have to make trip to Udon to get the relocation letter and book annulment... and there was me thinking I was shot of the place already!

I thought that the book linked a person to an abode and leaving the Udon would mean getting deleted from that yellow book and possibly having to surrender it? Maybe the yellow books are different but I thought I read on another thread that the names of people can be changed in the book as people come and go but the address on page 1 in the book is fixed, same as a blue book. The books are primarily linked to the abode and the bodies are linked to the abode via the books.

Nice advice, thanks! Our marriage was registered there oh so many years ago so maybe that will be an added bonus. Looks like I will have to make trip to Udon to get the relocation letter and book annulment... and there was me thinking I was shot of the place already!

I thought that the book linked a person to an abode and leaving the Udon would mean getting deleted from that yellow book and possibly having to surrender it? Maybe the yellow books are different but I thought I read on another thread that the names of people can be changed in the book as people come and go but the address on page 1 in the book is fixed, same as a blue book. The books are primarily linked to the abode and the bodies are linked to the abode via the books.

A Blue book is tied to a property (address), while I think a yellow book is tied to a person ( foreigner ) , but I could be wrong of course.

The Amphur Banglamung will be able to tell you.Please keep us posted after you visited the Amphur.

Also not sure if you have to visit Udon for the relocation letter or your new Amphur can arrange that for you.

I recall there is a thread somwhere about a holder of a yellow book who relocated from Banglamung to Buriram and posted his experience on this forum.

Why would you assume he would know where the police station is? I don't.

But I do! It's behind the amphur office where we got married.

The fact that there can be multiple people entered on the same book is a dead giveaway that the book is tied to the property and not the person

I've never heard of multiple people entered in a YELLOW book.

Maybe you should get out more.smile.png

Maybe you should get out more.smile.png

WOW how original. Don't give up the day job will you.

The fact that there can be multiple people entered on the same book is a dead giveaway that the book is tied to the property and not the person

I've never heard of multiple people entered in a YELLOW book.

It is a register of bodies in an abode for aliens, just the same as the blue one is for Thais. Granted, most yellow book holders here are the single farang in the household but there's nothing to stop a farang and his farang (or otherwise non-Thai) partner or offspring being registered in the same book.

• 5 months later...

I am going to apply for a yellow book at the Banglamung amphur shortly. Does anyone know if they accept a locally certified translation of my passport? Some posts on another thread said that they accepted translations done by a shop on Soi 13 (Soi Post Office) but that was valid in a 2008/09 application so may have changed. I know that Pattaya City Hall requires the translation to be certified by the MFA or issued by an MFA certified translator... depending on what you read. I won't be applying there as I am under Banglamung's jurisdiction. The paperwork (Sighted original and copy) will be:

Passport, copies.

Translation of passport, copies.

Certificate of Residence (Jomtien Immigration OR British Embassy?), copies

Bilingual rental agreement, copies

Marriage Certificate, copies (needed or not?)

Passport sized pictures (?)

Copy of Tibian Baan (blue book) for the rental home (no original)

Copy of Thai landlady's ID card (no original)

I also have a Thai DL but that is probably superfluous?

Although I have asked about this in a separate thread, I will be showing them my current yellow book for the previous residence in Udon. There's debate whether I need to cancel that first in Udon or not. Since it contains my Thai "Aliens ID" number, I assume they would want to see it anyway and hopefully endorse it somehow that I can surrender it when I am back in Udon next... if they don't take it off me there and then.

Edited by NanLaew

If anyone happens to have the phone number for the Banglamung amphur, please post here or PM me. I can call them and ask if I need to cancel the current yellow book while I am up here in Udon. Don't fancy having to come back up here next month just to do that.

Thanks,

NL