Ukrainian Goes Berserk In Central Pattaya Convenience Store

webfact

Ukrainian goes berserk in Central Pattaya convenience store

knife-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Just after 4.30am on Friday, Banglamung Police were called to a 7-Eleven Convenience Store located at the front of Soi Neun Plub Wan to deal with a foreign man who was armed with two knives and was demanding the Police come and speak with him.

newsjs

Officers arrived and realized the man could not speak English or Thai so called in a Foreign Tourist Police Assistant who was able to communicate with the man who stated he was from Ukraine and was aged 35. He refused to give his name.

The case began earlier in the night when the man purchased some water and then left. 15 minutes later he returned and went to the back of the shop and picked-up some nail varnish and used it to paint two letters on the back of the ATM casing. He painted the letters “M” and “I” and was approached by a motorbike taxi driver who challenged the man and told him to stop. At this point the Ukrainian produced two knives and shouted at shop staff to call the Police as he wanted to speak with them.

Officers arrived along with the Foreign Police Assistant and after 3 hours of negotiations, the man was sprayed with pepper spray and was then pushed to the floor and restrained.

Full story: http://www.pattayaon...venience-store/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2013-02-15

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is always two sides to a story.

Perhaps the man from provoked or cheated in the store. I can`t see any reasons why this guy would go into a rage for nothing and then insist on speaking to the police.

I certainly would not assume anything until the man`s statement is published.

• Like 1

easy one. stay home. get drunk. start to scream and threaten your loved one and the neighbours. see the police. ( works for you and your gf) whistling.gif

people here are usually dangling from overpasses traffic lights or whatsoever, don't they? rolleyes.gif

but he must be a tourist, for sureclap2.gif

and in these 3 hours the tourist police could not find out what the whole thing was about? or what 'M-I' sprayed on the ATM machine was supposed to mean?

3 hours of negotiations... that seems overengaging... shouldn't have taken me many minutes to realize that this situation would end up being resolved with maze and cuffs...

and in these 3 hours the tourist police could not find out what the whole thing was about? or what 'M-I' sprayed on the ATM machine was supposed to mean?

3 hours of negotiations... that seems overengaging... shouldn't have taken me many minutes to realize that this situation would end up being resolved with maze and cuffs...

The guy spoke Russian so RTP waited for a western police volunteer to try & calm him down. Lucky for him the RTP didn't just shoot him as he had a knife in each hand. However their was a big crowd of Thais watching. The volunteer was quite brave as the guy tried to stab him as he was pepper sprayed

He painted the letters “M” and “I”

R-A-C-L-E Thailand - should've let him complete that. rolleyes.gif

Dont think so, he cant even speak english so writing MIRACLE is way off the mark. Lets start with Ukrainian scripts, or just assume he was high on something judging his location and hour of going beserk.