Tot Server Crash Wipes Out Thailand's Internet

george

Were you affected by TOT server crash?  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using True, always gets stuck on loading "static.thaivisa.com" (states 'request completed to...', which suggests downloading I think - Opera browser).

I am on TOT and get hung there too. All I do is hit the reload button when I see "static.thaivisa.com" in the activity bar and it usually loads fine then.

What surprises me the most, is that there was no communication from ToT on their website.

If there is a problem then the most logical thing to do is post a message in Thai on their Website and for my part in Tinglish that the Internet is not working.

But maybe that is just wishful thinking

Yes, it is really logical to post a message on a website that the internet is not working.

If customers' internet is not working, how will they access the website to read the message?

My favorite story from travels re: internet: I was visiting my sister in Florence, Italy. She telecommutes for a living. To a US company. Italian internet goes down, on one (her) service. They have no one answering phones who knows what's going on. They take the internet telephone support group offline and the tell the regular phone operators to tell everyone to check the website for updates on the outage.

It's NOT just Thailand.

Thanks George !!

In Pattaya it is still impossible to access any Website while using TOT !

I spoke too soon, just after George posted this and I posted my message TOT came back online in Patters.

Fortunately I have a 3BB line as a Backup !!

I was not so lucky. Completely dead for about 2 days and intermittent until about mid afternoon today. Much seemed to be simple communication protocol mishaps, as my equipment said the internet was available & TOT said It was usable, but connection could not be made.

So it is funny to me that a "server" outage caused this issue. A router supervisor module or even a port card etc, but that is a networking device not a SERVER. Could be a "filtering" server that is inline failed I guess. Otherwise most "servers" for a network are not critical to keep things running (having more users authenticate etc could be an issue but not existing connections).

Based on the widespread outage, it must be a major junction point where the issue happened. I am assuming that the network is somewhat normal and using industry standard equipment but who knows. I'd say the issue was more likely a network issue and they didn't have redundant connections. lolz.

But who cares, these are just consumers and TiT. comical.

btw I use 3bb and it has been good for thailand standards (a few outages with a total time of maybe 20 hours over 2 years in 3 major outages and a few 2-20 minute outages) one of the major ones was due to a failed cable connection that went to our building (above ground and on the building property).

It seems crazy that a lot of the country is affected by an issue in Bangkok with no backups or way of rerouting if something should go wrong? I am in Phetchabun.. STILL down

So what, Why is this temporary issue such a big deal. Pick up a book, turn on the radio...sabai sabai!

It seems crazy that a lot of the country is affected by an issue in Bangkok with no backups or way of rerouting if something should go wrong? I am in Phetchabun.. STILL down

So what, Why is this temporary issue such a big deal. Pick up a book, turn on the radio...sabai sabai!

I get my radio from the net, if my only source of entertainment was Thai TV, Thai radio or drunken scandiwegians, I would probably top myself, or marry my dog and move to Fiji.

• 4 months later...

tot is a verry bad compagny and the people in this compagny don't nothing buffelo's are them 20time comming for making and never work every day problem in the park nibbana work nothing good they can not making everboddy co now to 3bb whant tot do nothing only pay that you can but o service in the park about 15 people finnish nex maand 1 aug and we stop payment!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

tot is a verry bad compagny and the people in this compagny don't nothing buffelo's are them 20time comming for making and never work every day problem in the park nibbana work nothing good they can not making everboddy co now to 3bb whant tot do nothing only pay that you can but o service in the park about 15 people finnish nex maand 1 aug and we stop payment!!!!!!!!

Great first post... now if only I could understand it... tongue.png

totster :)

I live near Udon Thani,no problem today with internet.But about once a month I have problems with TOT, Most times its down from 2 to 4 hours, once 2 days and once for 5 days,That time really pissed me off because every day I phoned they would say," the engineer is on his way to you today" And later in the day when they failed to show up,I would phone and they wouldnt answer the phone!

All in all I am quite happy with TOT and dont mind a couple of hours a month down time.