I Am On Thai Non-Immigrant Visa Category O And Have Appointment With Us Emassy Bkk..

My Visa was Issued Febuary 2012 and arrived in Thailand March 8th 2012 but i made one last Visa Run to Laos and have stamp on passport for April 2nd.

I am going to the US Embassy to get Official Paper work to verify to Thai Immigration my Marriage to my Thai wife of 26 years and that i have 40K plus Thai baht per month of income.

The trip to BKK is an 8 hour trip for me by car and i want to make sure i have everything they could need. If anyone has been in this situation before please let me know here just what i should take with me.

I know this has been covered here before but didnt find it on search.

You still have various visa options available for stay so it is not your only option - you even can extend your current stay 60 days by going to an immigration with proof of marriage/your passport/her ID and perhaps home register and using the normal TM.7 form.

As for Embassy visit you must have an appointment - that is the key requirement. You then will need your passport and funds to pay for the notary service. You can download and fill out the form or do at ACS unit at Consulate (across street from actual Embassy). You check in at window outside to get queue for security line showing your printed out appointment and passport.

Not sure what you need for marriage paperwork but seems you have a US marriage? So you need to have translated and signed off by Embassy and then MFA and then register at a District Office?

ACS has an email so would directly contact them with any questions you have regarding Embassy requirements. Check web site for American Embassy Bangkok.

Cut/paste of remaining Outreach Schedule for 2013:

Friday, March 1, 2013 Pattaya

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 Udon Thani

Friday, March 15, 2013 Phuket

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 Hua Hin

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 Pattaya

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 Khon Kaen

Thursday, June 20, 2013 Phuket

Thursday, September 12, 2013 Pattaya

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 Udon Thani

Thursday, September 25, 2013 Phuket

The following consular services will be available:

Passport renewal applications

Notarial services

Embassy registration and/or address change for on-line information

Social Security, VA or other federal benefits questions

NOTE: Applications for Consular Reports of Birth Abroad cannot be accepted during consular outreach trips.

The venue and hours of each visit will be announced individually a few weeks before each date.

Appointments are not needed for consular services during outreach visits. If you have any questions, please email [email protected] or call the American Citizen Services Unit at 02-205-4049.

We look forward to seeing you during our outreach visits.

Sincerely,

American Citizen Services

U.S. Embassy Bangkok

• Like 1

US embassy cannot certify a marriage certificate or any other document. All they can do is make a certified copy.

Authentication of Vital Records, Academic, Commercial or Other Credentials Issued in the U.S.

U.S. Consular officers are not empowered to authenticate public documents issued in the United States. Such documents include vital records (birth, marriage, death, and divorce), as well as academic, commercial, or other credentials. Consular officers do not have access to the records of the issuing office or the seal of the custodian of these records.

For more information on Procedures for Authentication and Legalizing Official Documents Issued in the United States.

For more information on Authentication of Documents, Apostilles, or Copies of Birth, Death, Marriage, or Divorce Records, please consult the Department of State Travel site.

Source: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/notarial-services.html