P M Not Interested In Mudslinging

Lite Beer

Pongsapat said that if voters choose him, the city management would have the support of the central government on water management, the mass transit system and other issues.

And if voters don't choose him, the city management would not have the support of the central government on water management, the mass transit system and other issues... am i reading that threat correctly?

Yep. Probably have budget cut again as well. Who needs to sling mud when you can just threaten the electorate on the consequences of not doing things the PT way.

Thats not the way I read it. So there you are, just a difference of opinion on English comprehension - I wonder how that reads in the original Thai, would there be any ambiguity or is it just down to a few old bitters on the forum?

A politician not interested in mud slinging ? We all know she's in the wrong job and now she's proved it. Waken up and stop embarrassing your brother, didn't he teach you anything ?

]Thats exactly the way I read it. Sounds rather threatening, for BKK voters. Vote for Ponsapat or suffer.

Not really than much different than in other countries. Political leaders that have strong working relationships/alliances with the central government tend to have their phone calls answered.

Central government shouldn't punish people who live in the capital city for not voting for their candidate, and they certainly shouldn't have the gall to publicly state that this is what will happen if they don't. That is much different from other countries... civilized ones with functioning democracies anyway.

]Thats exactly the way I read it. Sounds rather threatening, for BKK voters. Vote for Ponsapat or suffer.

Not really than much different than in other countries. Political leaders that have strong working relationships/alliances with the central government tend to have their phone calls answered.

You are absolutely right GK. Saudi Arabia, Vietnam and Belarus come to mind. As well as China, Iran, and Cuba.
  • Like 1

I'm amazed at all posts here, really.

I mean, it almost goes without saying that our real PM Ms. Yingluck is not interested in mudslinging. One gets dirty doing so, don't you lot know that ?

I can only advise you never to take up a career in political speech writing though I suspect a further career is not on the cards.

I was being tongue in cheek. I know full well why he said it the way he did, and why he wouldn't have said it the way i suggested, and that is because of what he wanted to imply - an implication that was blindly obvious it seems to everyone but you, who somehow managed to read it minus the implication. The wonders of those red tinted shades no doubt...

Meanwhile, Pheu Thai candidate Pongsapat Pong-charoen said yesterday he would highlight "seamless" cooperation with the government in his election campaign.

"The prime minister gave me moral support and would like me to tell Bangkok residents about my strategy that would enjoy seamless cooperation with the government," Pongsapat said.

Pongsapat is scheduled to apply for Pheu Thai Party membership today when he announces his policies as the next Bangkok governor.

He would point out to Bangkokians how he would change the city for the better for the sake of its residents. He would focus on close cooperation with the central government. http://www.thaivisa....at#entry6020388

I even put The tinted (rose colored) glasses on when I re-read this, from the day he announced running for BKK Gov. It was over the top then.

Edited by dcutman

Pongsapat said that if voters choose him, the city management would have the support of the central government on water management, the mass transit system and other issues.

NEWSflacheek - NEWSflacheek:

Ex-senator accuses Pongsapat of deceit in Bangkok governor race.

In his letter to Apichart Sukhagganond, chairman of the Election Commission (EC), and Thaweesak Tuchinda, chairman of the Bangkok Election Committee, ex-senator Ruangkrai charged Pongsapat and the real PM Yingluck with violating Article 57 of the Local Council and Administration Act.

PM Yingluck is accused of meddling in an election still to take place as standing next to k. Pongsapat she told the public "voters want to know how they would benefit under the next governor."

NEWSflacheek - NEWSflacheek:

And if voters don't choose him, the city management would not have the support of the central government on water management, the mass transit system and other issues... am i reading that threat correctly?

Yep. Probably have budget cut again as well. Who needs to sling mud when you can just threaten the electorate on the consequences of not doing things the PT way.

Thats not the way I read it. So there you are, just a difference of opinion on English comprehension - I wonder how that reads in the original Thai, would there be any ambiguity or is it just down to a few old bitters on the forum?

Although it might not be meant that way, in the English translation we have here that's certainly the implication. You can't just fend it off by saying that's not the way you read it. The implication is quite clear although having read many of your posts I can see where your comprehension comes from.

You're right that this is a translation that may not be entirely accurate so the English version could be just incorrect. If the same implication is evident in the original Thai version then maybe potential voters should ask for clarification. It would be a good question for the Democrat candidate to ask as well.

It's very easy for things to be misunderstood in these circumstances but not asking for clarification isn't the way to resolve the problem.

• Like 1

I'm amazed at all posts here, really.

I mean, it almost goes without saying that our real PM Ms. Yingluck is not interested in mudslinging. One gets dirty doing so, don't you lot know that ?

Indeed, why would the immaculate Yingluck stoop down to such levels... when there's the Red Shirts, DSI, her brother's Perception Management machine, etc... to do it?

Smile and wave, just smile and wave.

• Like 1

Although it might not be meant that way, in the English translation we have here that's certainly the implication. You can't just fend it off by saying that's not the way you read it. The implication is quite clear although having read many of your posts I can see where your comprehension comes from.

You're right that this is a translation that may not be entirely accurate so the English version could be just incorrect. If the same implication is evident in the original Thai version then maybe potential voters should ask for clarification. It would be a good question for the Democrat candidate to ask as well.

It's very easy for things to be misunderstood in these circumstances but not asking for clarification isn't the way to resolve the problem.

The amount and content of posts here would suggest a nervous forum - one that might not get its way in the matter of Bangkok Governor. The tone is getting more and more strident. Still if it does go the way of the PTP just think what fun you'll have being bitter about the BMA as well as the government.

• Like 1

The amount and content of posts here would suggest a nervous forum - one that might not get its way in the matter of Bangkok Governor. The tone is getting more and more strident. Still if it does go the way of the PTP just think what fun you'll have being bitter about the BMA as well as the government.

And if it doesn't go the way of the PTP you will say???????????

And if it doesn't go the way of the PTP you will say???????????

No worries. What I won't say is, the vote was rigged or bought or they had unfair advantage being the ruling party which I will expect to hear if the PTP candidate wins.

Edited by muttley
  • Like 1

"Yingluck said she instructed Pongsapat and his team to refrain from attacking rival candidates and to campaign constructively, because voters want to know how they would benefit under the next governor."

I have to commend her on her approach, or at least her public approach

On a cynical note, Its hard to mudsling in a drought biggrin.png

And it would be a stupid PM who condoned Mudslinging,knowing her Party is in a vulnerable position, for an avalanch of S*** returned.

So where are the pictures of this non-existent mud-bath, and the 'hot' PM not slinging mud, some of us want to see them ! w00t.gif

To be followed by a tasteful 'Wet-T-Shirt Competition', organised non-exploitatively by the Culture Minister perhaps, and sponsored by the Tourism Ministry, in order better-to-promote Thailand's image overseas ? tongue.png

Bring It On ! rolleyes.gif

Doesn't she mean PTP has "finished mudslinging" in regard to mass transit?

No she means that the PTP will not engage in the dem tactic of mudslinging. The investigation into corruption with regard to the extension of the mass transit contract will go on.

I find it strange that a person like you that abhors corruption and accuses the PTP of it on every conceivable occasion without a shred of evidence should whine like a schoolgirl when an investigation of a possibly corrupt contract takes place. Oh it's not because it involves Sukhumbund, is it?

Right, that investigation, which seems to be a normal commercial contract extension, needs investigating just before an election, but obvious cases aren't even considered.

The PM has declared she is totally anti-corruption, and instead appears totally inept, while her DPM actually defends the corrupt action of BIB under his purview. But that won't stop the sycophants from defending every government action, or changing the subject if indefensible. Take off your red goggles, take a look at the events happening now, and stop imagining in those that occurred before you arrived.

BTW I live on Samui, and couldn't care less who becomes governor of BKK, a city I travel through rarely and never spend more than a single night.

I suppose it depends how you define mudslinging. For example.

I would imagine if anyone, and in particular another candidate linked Pongsapat to the police station scandle PT would immediatly condem it as mudslinging.

On the other hand PT dont have to comment on the police thing as they have Tarit and the DSI to do it for them, so therefore any accusations against the dems would not be mudslinging by them.

All sneaky clean right?