Thai Men Assault Drunk Scottish Teacher In Nakhon

Lite Beer

My wife just asked me 'is it normal for Farang girls to get that drunk'...

Enough said !

Yeah reall...enough!

Call me funny, but I still think, everybody has the right to drunk as much as they like...without being raped!

But I guess, you and your wife are much wiser!

I never said that people couldn't drink as much as they want.

Also never said that they deserved to be raped.

Just pointed out that in Thai society it is not normal for women to get that drunk, whether that is for safety reasons I wouldn't know !!

Maybe in your HISO society,

I see, saw many times women drunk in rural Isaan, special during the occasionally village festivities!

Even walking and dancing intoxicated, with the music-bandwagon threw the village streets with the Beer and "Lao Kau" bottle in hand. drunk.gif

Some not even reach the fairgrounds the Party house, as they have already, to much! burp.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrible story. I don't see why they had to mention they raped her till they reached climax either.

I do not know why cannot mention it, is an important fact if you want to prove the assault, or at least that intercourse happened

and as evidence of DNA, against the perpetrator. whistling.gif

she has to identify them.Can she do this?If they have a good lawyer unfortunately not much will happen to them.Who was involved in the rape out of the 4?

Once she's able to point out the guys dna tests will proof the rest. No lawyer will be able to refute dna test results

But corrupt Bribes will bah.gif

Just pointed out that in Thai society it is not normal for women to get that drunk, whether that is for safety reasons I wouldn't know !!

Come on up to Esaan and broaden your knowledge base my friend.

Yup, it depends on the society you hang out in smile.png

Normal every day people, what's your excuse?

• Like 1

Down south too.

And in the middle,and everywhere else in Thailand.Unbelievably naive comment.

So now every woman in Thailand gets drunk...

Ha ha, and you call me naive smile.png

I guess you must have been in every part of Thailand then...

I call you stuck up.

Than you should write that in your posting.

That you mean "your and your wives society" but not all of Thailand,not the rest of Thailand, which is,

I presume, a much bigger community, than your "special circle!"

At least at the Thai elections since 10 years+ your circle (yellow?) did not win! rolleyes.gif

Than you should write that in your posting.

That you mean "your and your wives society" but not all of Thailand,not the rest of Thailand, which is,

I presume, a much bigger community, than your "special circle!"

At least at the Thai elections since 10 years+ your circle (yellow?) did not win! rolleyes.gif

Sorry but my Dem supporting wife also hates this kind of shit. Plenty of Hi Sos, on the red side. Leave the politics aside please

Edited by Mosha

The PATTAYADAILYNEWS obviously couldn't resist the temptation to publish the victim's name in full while keeping the culprits anonymous.

It's not just the English papers. The Thai media will usually post up full on details and photos if the person is not a minor.

For example, in this case, the proper spelling of the victim's name is not the misspelling of the OP.

The victim was identified as Ms. Amanda Napolee, age 20,

It's actually Amanda Napoli. This is learned because the Thai paper Daily News published her photo ID (with name, of course) that is her student ID with the University of the Highlands.

In regards to her assailants, they've not been apprehended nor been identified, so that's why their info is not published. Rest assured they will once they are arrested or identified.

Dear Buchholz,

we both know how this case will be proceeding.

If there is enough "international" pressure the BiB, who most probably already know these 4 culprits, will arrest them, then arrange a perp shot for the press. The four will then deny the allegation and will immediately be released on bail - case closed. If the uproar dies down prematurely these criminals will never be found.

What is exceptionally sickening and deplorable is the fact that the BiB handed personal documents of the victim to the press so they could be published. TiT at its best.

never drink "heavily" in Thailand and always go back to your hotel before 1am.

I "nearly" never drink more than a bit alcohol and that only sometimes.

I am 50+, bald - 80 %, heavy overweight 130 kg, wearing glasses, and a man. Handsome times and Glory Days long gone!

(Chances to be rape victim, very slim!)

I must also return to the hotel before 1 AM? rolleyes.gif

By that description you should never leave the hotel..thumbsup.gif

Just kidding my friend

I have no problem, with your joke,

as I see a lot of guys my style, everywhere in Thailand, from Koh Lanta - Chiang Rai - Knachanaburi - Mukdahan.

Special a lot in Soi Bangla, Pattaya Beach Road-Walking Street, Bangkoks lower Sukhumvit and in every Lotus, Big C in Isaan!

But, I have to say, there are a lot of handsome youngsters around in the Red Light Districts in TH,

who seem to be to lazy to get a Falang lady into Sexual activities in there home country.

These make the level of a "Sexy man" in TH nowadays, unusual high, compared to 1990. rolleyes.gif

I am 50+, bald - 80 %, heavy overweight 130 kg, wearing glasses, and a man. Handsome times and Glory Days long gone!

In your case it would probably be an opportunity to get raped, but I'm afraid it not gonna happen.

Only, if I am gay! rolleyes.gif And, I am not! tongue.png

Anyway, in TH, you get what you are willing to pay for! wink.png

It's not just the English papers. The Thai media will usually post up full on details and photos if the person is not a minor.

For example, in this case, the proper spelling of the victim's name is not the misspelling of the OP.

The victim was identified as Ms. Amanda Napolee, age 20,

It's actually Amanda Napoli. This is learned because the Thai paper Daily News published her photo ID (with name, of course) that is her student ID with the University of the Highlands.

In regards to her assailants, they've not been apprehended nor been identified, so that's why their info is not published. Rest assured they will once they are arrested or identified.

Dear Buchholz,

we both know how this case will be proceeding.

If there is enough "international" pressure the BiB, who most probably already know these 4 culprits, will arrest them, then arrange a perp shot for the press. The four will then deny the allegation and will immediately be released on bail - case closed. If the uproar dies down prematurely these criminals will never be found.

What is exceptionally sickening and deplorable is the fact that the BiB handed personal documents of the victim to the press so they could be published. TiT at its best.

It is typical of the police to hand over to the reporters to photograph, the personal articles, such as her student ID card in this case, for publishing. A whole different mindset to that of Western traditions and standards. Same with crime scenes. I remember the first Thai newspaper front page I saw consisted of a large photo of a wife-implanted meat cleaver in her dead husband's chest. This practice has been evolving even though long-standing. I have noticed a change the last few years such as pixelating what never used to get pixelated and other photos not quite being so gruesome (by Western standards). The same can NOT, however, be said of the publishing of personal details.

As for the culprits in this case, I wouldn't be surprised if things progress precisely as you detail them. Depending on the press coverage and notoriety of the case, another common course is for an unlucky Burmese immigrant or Thai vagrant to be "assigned" the guilt, complete with a duly signed "confession" letter.

I would imagine however, that given the circumstances of this case and the woman's alleged condition, that there will be less sympathetic international and local coverage. It's not right, but that is likely what will happen.

Already, at this point, it seems to be the case as compared to similar other cases.

Edited by Buchholz

This news story is quite odd to me... I'm guessing it's all down to bad reporting and whatnot... But it just doesn't add up at all really...

As a young woman myself I find it highly irresponsible that she was so drunk and left on her own. The fact she was refused entry into a restaurant is quite bad. Why did her 'boy'friend leave her if she was so wasted?

I dunno... I can't place my finger on it but the news report is so badly written. Who the hell reports of a rape and says "they raped her until they climaxed" SERIOUSLY?! They need to sort it out. I hope the poor girl recovers from this ordeal and I hope other girls take note not to get so annihilated and put themselves in such vulnerable positions.

In the West we don't really draw the distinction, but the Thai language news reports of rapes often mention if climax occurred or not eg if the assault was interrupted. Not sure why, maybe because of pregnancy fears etc. The English PDN article was taken from the Thai language news story.

The PATTAYADAILYNEWS obviously couldn't resist the temptation to publish the victim's name in full while keeping the culprits anonymous.

Quite a few Thais were posting up on the Dailynews website taking issue with publishing her name and picture saying it shouldn't have been done.

Apparently after being refused entry into a restaurant because she was so drunk, she became angry and abusive and threw her wallet containing 6,000 baht into the restaurant!

Absolutely stupid.

If you can't handle your drink, don't drink.

Inexcusable behaviour form the Nakhon Sri Thammarat dogs but it's a town noted for its thugs and gunmen. Dorothy ain't in Kansas now.

Khaosod reports the same about the wallet.

This story is Not accurately reported. She was not with her boyfriend, but another "friend". She WAS allowed into the "bar" (that fronts as a resutrant to stay open all night, the only one in Nakon) Another "foreigner" asked her to please leave as she was "acting like a fool, and being very suggestive" She was seen leaving on her own will talking with some Thai men. She was just a "tourist" looking for a job, because she has a South African boy "friend" teaching in the area. She was already told by two schools in the area she would not be able to work there, because of her appernce and her very thick Scottish accent.

This is a real shame on all accounts. 1. That things like this can/do happen. 2. That stories are misreported like this. 3. All the people involved, are portrayed in a horrible light, without the poice know all the "facts"

That seems to agree with the Khaosod news report which suggests they were friends rather than bf/gf (he's described as Scottish also). Khaosod also says police interviewed the owner and security guard from the Nakorn Viengjan restaurant. Apparently she entered the restaurant very drunk and began annoying and bothering the customers so was ejected by the owner and security guard, which she noisily complained about.

Police said she'd been in Nakhon Si Thammarat for only 2 weeks and had applied to a school there as an English teacher and was still waiting to hear from them.

http://www.khaosod.c...9PQ==&subcatid=

• Like 1

did she want her name made public ?

What is really bad about Thailand's image is the costant exposure of their "prostitution hub" destination, the new nok air calendar, women showing their boobs during songkran, Katoey festival and tv program pretending to teach thai language and making a mock of thai culture...Who care about a lonely foreign drunk woman walking late at night? She was looking for that, same as all the other before her.

She could also have been the daughter of some these full mouthed thai minister. Unfortunately...she is not!

By that description you should never leave the hotel..thumbsup.gif

Just kidding my friend

as I see a lot of guys my style, everywhere in Thailand, from Koh Lanta - Chiang Rai - Knachanaburi - Mukdahan.

Special a lot in Soi Bangla, Pattaya Beach Road-Walking Street, Bangkoks lower Sukhumvit and in every Lotus, Big C in Isaan!

But, I have to say, there are a lot of handsome youngsters around in the Red Light Districts in TH,

who seem to be to lazy to get a Falang lady into Sexual activities in there home country.

These make the level of a "Sexy man" in TH nowadays, unusual high, compared to 1990. rolleyes.gif

saai.gif

And you know this by interviewing them all do you?

Maybe red-light districts are places guys want to visit when they are young....Not when they are old and 'wise'.

The PATTAYADAILYNEWS obviously couldn't resist the temptation to publish the victim's name in full while keeping the culprits anonymous. And labelling these men "troublemakers" is just a disgusting euphemism.

It's not a euphemism, all these news reports are originally in Thai, obviously. The unfortunate use of the word "troublemakers" is simply a result of the translation.

The PATTAYADAILYNEWS obviously couldn't resist the temptation to publish the victim's name in full while keeping the culprits anonymous. And labelling these men "troublemakers" is just a disgusting euphemism.

Nobody was arrested for the assault so how could they be named, unless the attackers left their business cards?

"Troublemakers" is not a disgusting euphemism, it's simply an unfortunate result of the translation of the news report which, obviously, was originally in Thai.

Yes Sing_Sling, that caught my eye too!

A teacher at aged 20? Impossible!!

More incorrect reporting and, therefore, that makes the rest of the of the report doubful in many areas, even if it is truth in all areas.

-mel.

You're right, of course, unless she was unusually gifted and attended Teacher Training College a few years earlier than normal people. But is it not more likely that she is one of the many unqualified scallies who decide they'd like an extended holiday here and the only way they can do it is to try to con employment as an English teacher, to the detriment of the unfortunate children who end up thinking they're being taught properly, as opposed to inaccurate reporting?

Having said that, regardless of her academic and professional ability ,however, the alleged rape is to be condemned.

saai.gif

And you know this by interviewing them all do you?

.Maybe red-light districts are places guys want to visit when they are young...Not when they are old and 'wise'.

Know what?

What I see, I know! There are many overweight, bald, 50+ Falangs and Expats around in TH.

That it is more easy and fast, to have Sex in TH-Red light districts for a handsome young Falang, than to do it in Western home country?

No interview necessary. Fact.

That the proportion of younger men, coming to TH for Sex is now more high than 1990.

Fact. I see it!

"Maybe red-light districts are places guys want to visit when they are young.."

No, nothing to do with age! but with Passion!

"Maybe red-light districts are places guys want not to visit, when they are old and 'wise"

Only, if even -Kamagra- not works!tongue.png

Because,

"Even if there is already snow on the roof, in the cottage, the fire still burns!"

Edited by ALFREDO

Why is everything just a lie when you read these reports? she was sooo drunk that she couldnt get up but somehow then know that 2 of the rapists cum inside of her.. How do they know this is the sperm 2 different colours.. more bullshit

climb back under your rock

<deleted> are you talking about?? How do they know that 2 men climaxed inside of her when she was so drunk that she couldnt stand?? Its a simple question but i guess your simple so come back with crap.. no doubting she was raped.. maybe you should read properly before answering old boy

Maybe she told the police that.

You are right, of course, there is no doubting she was raped...but hang on,old boy, how do you come to that conclusion, you have some information no-one else has about this alleged rape?

Someone should tell the government. This is what is really bad for Thailand's image. This kind of thing is what foreigners care more about. A lack of safety.

The "government" is a bunch of bozo's, who happen to be driving this bus. If they gave a thin "f" about anything other than themselves, power and money this might not be a developing nation.

As for the article in the paper, maybe not printing the victims name is a start. Whether she was drunk or not is immaterial. Rape is a violent crime, and about control, which is something bad Thai people lack in general terms.

As for the paper, the author that wrote the article, and the editor who approved it.....this is the part where I don't say what I am thinking....

I am not an advocate of violence except in a few circumstances. This is one. If I were the boyfriend I'd get some friends and go vigilante style....

Sick, sick, sick.

Lets hope the BIB nails these scum to the barn door.

Seeing as it is an international incident, this is more likely to happen.

Granted some tourist marketers would prefer gang rape were hushed up,

but that cat is out of the bag and running free.

Thailand has been taking it on the nose recently over attacks on tourists, tourist scams etc and this will not help. Most definitely the tourist authorities would happily have hushed this up but what's the bet the claim will be it was consentual

This news story is quite odd to me... I'm guessing it's all down to bad reporting and whatnot... But it just doesn't add up at all really...

As a young woman myself I find it highly irresponsible that she was so drunk and left on her own. The fact she was refused entry into a restaurant is quite bad. Why did her 'boy'friend leave her if she was so wasted?

I dunno... I can't place my finger on it but the news report is so badly written. Who the hell reports of a rape and says "they raped her until they climaxed" SERIOUSLY?! They need to sort it out. I hope the poor girl recovers from this ordeal and I hope other girls take note not to get so annihilated and put themselves in such vulnerable positions.

In the West we don't really draw the distinction, but the Thai language news reports of rapes often mention if climax occurred or not eg if the assault was interrupted. Not sure why, maybe because of pregnancy fears etc. The English PDN article was taken from the Thai language news story.

Thank you, as always, katana, for your informative posts. :wai:

It is worth remembering that PDN doesn't actually have a reporter to write their articles (other than for Pattaya local news like a ribbon cutting ceremony in Pattaya). Anything outside Pattaya, eg. Nakhon Si Thammarat, and they are "borrowing" the news article that some other news media has written.

It's worth remembering in this and any other future thread in which they are the OP's "borrowed" news source.

I've noticed too the orgasm nuance in local reporting and made the same conclusion in that it is an aspect of rape that it seems to makes it even more severe, in the local media, if that occurs.

Thailand has been taking it on the nose recently over attacks on tourists, tourist scams etc and this will not help.

The crime has always been the same here in my opinion (on the high violent end of the range)

The difference today is a combination of internet/social media and tabloid / freelance journalists hunting crimes down on tourists to publish and therefore get their months salary as they know it sells newspapers as we all go on vacation to exotic places and it scares people to read it - therefore sells.

Internet Social media is one "new" method of distribution it's quick and to the masses. Which gives the perception to the end reader that it is happening more.

Edited by negreanu
  • Like 1