Foreign Women Having A Child With A Thai Man

Hi,

I believe I was directed to start a new thread.

I was curious about what if a foreign woman has a child with a Thai man, does she have any rights to stay in Thailand based on that?

Someone had replied to my previous post & no I am not pregnant lol I was just purely curious about how it goes down when the tables are turned.

A reply on the other thread mentioned something about getting married. I was wanting to know what if the woman doesn't wish to get married to the Thai guy or if she is already married to someone else? Does she have any rights to stay in Thailand?

To stay permanently without being married to a Thai male, the simple answer is 'no'.

For other visa's, others will be along shortly, but there should be latitude to get a non-immigrant O visa for granting 3 month stays based on having a Thai child (if indeed the child is a Thai citizen). But without marriage, that would be it.

• Like 1

Clause 2.18(5) of Thai Police Order 777/2551 and Immigration Bureau Order 305/2551 applies equally to the mother of an illegitimate Thai child as it applies to the father.
can you post another link please. This one says no petmission, probably because I use a mobile...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

1. Application form 2. Copy of applicant’s passport 3. Copy of the passport of the alien who has been permitted to stay in the Kingdom 4. Copy of documents proving relationship, such as a marriage certificate, a birth certificate, registration of child legitimization, household registration certificate, child adoption registration certificate, or other evidence from the government or relevant agency

The links are to PDF files, 13 pages the first document, 11 pages the second one. If your mobile phone cannot open PDF files you probably have to wait until you have access to a computer.

P.S. I have the same problem on my Nexus S, running on the Android operating system. Cannot open the links to the PDF files when reading my post with the Thaivisa App.

Edited by Maestro
Added postscript