I Wear My Wallet In My Front Pocket...

ivan96822

I always carry my wallet in my front pocket. I can never understand someone that would carry it in the back pocket. Seems stupid!

"Bonjour, monsieur, Ou est la gare?"

"Sorry mate, I've got no idea what you're saying, your wallet's in your arse pocket, ye buffoon, ye"

Edited by StreetCowboy

I always carry my wallet in my front pocket. I can never understand someone that would carry it in the back pocket. Seems stupid!

"Sorry mate, I've got no idea what you're saying, your wallet's in your arse pocket, ye buffoon, ye"

your apostrophe confuses the possessive case dilettantes...

Edited by manarak

your apostrophe confuses the possessive case dilettantes...

Now suddenly we're all English teachers, eh? Of English... Capital!

Are there any other fashions or garments that render the wearer incomprehensible?

Can you imagine small (as in very young) deaf children in the winter, back in the old country? Those mittens on a string must render sign language completely unintelligible.

SC

maybe some people have back pockets with buttons/zips or maybe some people have sensitive bum cheeks;)
I don't want to be sitting down on my chunky wink.png wallet if its in the back pocket, zips or buttons or whatever!

My wallet is on a leather cord and goes around my neck, under my shirt. Without a gun or a knife, you're not getting shit!

or a motorbike...

How would a snatcher on a motorbike know to look at my neck if most wallets are in pockets? How would a snatcher on a motorbike be able to take a wallet from a pocket without stopping their motorcycle and risk getting caught? They wouldn't. They look for easy targets. They're not that bright...and I don't lack mental resources...

There is a gang of four lady boys (and credible ones) operating under the footbridges - normally near Soi 25 catching farangs walking towards Soi 27 / 22 the tactics are exactly as described. They are quite dangerous and have knives (as I was later to be told).

I have seen them in action twice - once on me when walking back to Soi27 where I lived as bangkok newbie. I intercepted the wrist of one of them who had miraculously grabbed a small bill wad and a credit card out of my pocket. I was very lucky to get away with the recovered bills using sort a twisting move ending on the road ( I was relatively new to Bangkok at the time and have learned to avoid wallets and using back pockets).

The second time I was following someone (who turned out to be a tipsy English guy who was walking from Cowboy the opposite way to his hotel along Sukhumvit) at virtually the same location I has been done) and saw them in action exactly as you describe - I yelled the guy - who really did not know what was going on - but they were too quick and got away with his wallet. The lead offending lady boy was wearing a distinctive red dress net net - The Boys in Brown in less than 40 minutes had rounded up no less than 4 red dressed lady boys - in time for myself as witness and The young English boy to be making statements at Tong Lor Police Station... The police were taking great delight in making them all strip off to the undies - with the usual crime reporting TV cameras filming everything. Each of the 4 denied any involvement vehemently (of which 3 had just reason). But ended up in a supposed impasse of the BIB not knowing which one dunnit and they were about to release them all.....but the English Boy however was wearing vital evidence as to which one did it on his upper arm in the form of smudged Blue glitter... which lady boy # 3 was also wearing and had partially missing on one side of her shoulder. The culprit or was that culpritess then buckled and told the police where the discarded wallet might have been.

The biys wallet was recovered near Soi 18. (less money) - but with other important stuff in tact (namely the phone number of a hottie he had met that night). I was just amazed at how quickly the BIB had acted - but quite embarrassed to see my face in Channel 3 News round up in the morning along with the English Boy and line up of 4 red partially dressed ladyboys in the police station.. as there was no real detailed explanation those at work assumed I had been involved in something that was a little walk on the debaucherous wild side..

I was there and you were not.

The fact of the matter is that I wanted to tell the forum about an interesting incident that occurred, yet a few members who have latent ideas about ladyboys continue to put in their two cents about something that they were not involved in.

If they are about five feet tall, with natural looking bodies and arms, I know what sex they are (such was the case of these would-be robbers).

If they are skinny as a rail, with knobby shoulders and ridiculous make-up, I can take a stab at what they are, too...

Besides, the deaf street vendor who sells counterfeit goods close to Soi 6 and Sukhumvit can back me up in my tale of woe.

Ivan - are you absolutely certain you did not mistake them for something else?. With this latest gang having been seen around - I would not hide anything down the front of my trousers. post-67715-0-76039900-1362653966_thumb.j