Is There A Thai Ministry Of Foreign Affairs In Ubon Ratchathani For Registering A Marriage?

gudtymchuk

Not sure what you are talking about, as you need to take several steps.

step 1 is getting a letter from your embassy confirming you are free to marry

step 2 is having the letter "affirmation of freedom to marry" translated into Thai

step 3 is getting the letter and translation certified by the Thai MFA (most ranlation agencies will offer to do this for you)

step 4 is going to the amphur (any amphur in thailand) and get marrid.

• 2 weeks later...

First search website of your Embassy about what papers to prepare for "Certificate of Capacity to Contract Marriage".

As far as I remember: Copy of your passport and wife's ID, proof of income, also some documents and two references (family? )

from your country of origin.(&...?)

The references is just a formality, these people not need to worry anything.

Maybe some time consuming hurdles, but once overcome the further process is very smooth. Could be done by myself within one day in BKK. Wife can join, but not necessary for the formalities.

MFA must legislate the translated Certificate and is only in BKK, Laksi, Chaeng Wattana Rd., so get Certificate from Embassy in BKK as well.

I jumped on the night bus that comes from nearby Khemmarat for the unpleasant ride to BKK where I arrived at Morchit Bus Station early morning. Plenty of time to take city bus downtown to do some fast internetting at nightshop, have breakfast, a haircut, enjoying walking the neighborhood and enter my Embassy at opening time.

Hand in my paperwork and could have walked out with Certificate within an hour but forgot to bring enough money and therefore lost time finding an ATM and waiting for the signature of the man who just entered a meeting.... Got my Certificate end of the morning and arrived by taxi at MFA around lunchtime.

Official translation, English into Thai BHT300 , can be done right away inside MFA building ground floor left side in the back. About two hours waiting time. Translation must be hand in at next floor for legislation same day before 3.00PM(?).... So, just in time.....

I used waiting time for a walk to Laksi Trainstation where I booked a second class berth at the night train to Ubon.

Back at MFA, checked translation careful and got mistakes revised just in time to have Certificate legislated (BHT800) upstairs at the end of office time. All one day!

REMARK: Always officers have difficulties writing my names in Thai and in English. Bring written printed standard to show as example every occasion and check always until finalized.

Often must revise many times. Housebook, marriage certificates, driving licences, greenbooks, insurance, hospitals, usufruct, you name it.

Edited by Khunangkaro