Alone At Bumrungrad

capt morgan

Hello all

I will be traveling to Bumrungrad soon for lower back surgery. This is my first trip abroad from

US. I will not be able to bring anyone with me to help with such things as calling my family

reporting my health status after surgery. I would like to know if anyone has been in simular situation at Bumrungrad. I know the whole staff are friendly, but just wondered if they take that little extra step for patients that are alone.

Thanks

I had a similar operation at Bumrungrad...you can read about my experiences here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11353&hl=

it was a couple of years ago so perhaps details may have changed.

however, i found the staff very helpful..there are phones in the rooms and so your family will be able to contact you directly. To be honest, if you have the operation,say, in the early morning, by lunchtime you should be able to talk to them yourself.

you are going to need a bit of time after the operation to recover(not necessarily in Bumrungrad), so i hope you have a week or two after op before you fly home...

incidentally, my operation has been a complete success...i now work as mr.bendy in a travelling circus. :o

if you want any further details, just ask.

I don't know but I wish good luck!

Hello all

I will be traveling to Bumrungrad soon for lower back surgery. This is my first trip abroad from

US. I will not be able to bring anyone with me to help with such things as calling my family

reporting my health status after surgery. I would like to know if anyone has been in simular situation at Bumrungrad. I know the whole staff are friendly, but just wondered if they take that little extra step for patients that are alone.

Thanks

Hello all

Thanks

Bumrungrad hospital has its own “hotel” (the building in the back), I think for family members and for those who come alone like you. After getting discharged from your hospital bed they can transfer you to your hotel room where you can take all the time in the world to recuperate (the cost is not much more than any other hotel in town, 2000 – 3000 bht per night). I’m sure all kind of help is going to be available, for example feeding and bathing and what not, though I don’t know what the rates they are charging for these.

Good luck and wish you big success with your operation. Keep informed and clear headed from beginning to end. You'll be able to talk pretty much the moment you come about after the operation. I'm sure the nurses (a whole army of them) will help you with dialing the phone to call your family. :o

smo

Oi Oi Captain,

Bumrungrad offers excellent help with patients. I was rushed in with back problems after flying far to many miles over 3 days... anyway Bumrungrad were very good as I had a longstay and was in a top class room with all facilitys at my disposal, thanks to a good insurance company.

Do not worry about being alone the Nurses are very chirpy and chatty!

I want to thank all of you for your generous input regarding my situation. It kind of makes me look forward to the trip (but mayby not so much as having my back sliced open) I will report back when I return home. Im sure there are other people that will be in same situation, and need the support you guys have given me. I hope to contribute likewise.

Capt.

I want to thank all of you for your generous input regarding my situation. It kind of makes me look forward to the trip (but mayby not so much as having my back sliced open) I will report back when I return home. Im sure there are other people that will be in same situation, and need the support you guys have given me. I hope to contribute likewise.

Capt.

If you wish i can get a lady to come visit twice a day and call your family - very cheap at 3000 per day!