Exoticpits

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, thats why we say "oh f%#k!,I have a major 'Chang-Over' this morning!!....when in hell is someone going to import Do Equis" !!!

Have you tried Beer Lao-Dark....its similar (from what I remember) to Dos Equis,

or the line of German wheat beers called Paulaner, several varieties available at Tesco Lotus....not as gut-wrenching cheap as Chang Though.

Cheers

If you could find it, would it be worth 200 baht a bottle at the grocery to you?

I don't really care, I don't drink all the time maybe once a month. If I can fine it I will pay for it.. It's cool won't hurt my pocket

Good for you but I haven't seen it. Easy to find Corona of course but crazy to pay Thai prices for it.

Yes, thats why we say "oh f%#k!,I have a major 'Chang-Over' this morning!!....when in hell is someone going to import Do Equis" !!!

Have you tried Beer Lao-Dark....its similar (from what I remember) to Dos Equis,

or the line of German wheat beers called Paulaner, several varieties available at Tesco Lotus....not as gut-wrenching cheap as Chang Though.

Cheers

I tried that Lao dark, I spit it out and threw the nasty shit away
  • Like 1

Cheers

You should try their lager as well. You might like it.

Cheers

Lao is a man's beer... puts hair on yr chest. w00t.gif That Mexy girly piss is best used for washing socks. coffee1.gif

Wheat beers are good, especially a full-bodied Belgian or NZ craft beer ... aroi mak mak wai2.gif

I only drink once a month , so when I do I would like to enjoy it not steady making beer faces

I've never even tried Miller Lite. Have you tried the local San Mig Lite? I think it's OK. (It's what I drink mostly but it's more like Corona than XX.) There should be some beer sold in Thailand that works for you. Beer Lao lager is very different from their dark. If you don't mind spending a lot, surely there's a European lager import that would be OK for you. Your tastes don't sound all that difficult to please as far as finding a substitute for your brands. Edited by Jingthing

I only drink once a month , so when I do I would like to enjoy it not steady making beer faces

I've never even tried Miller Lite. Have you tried the local San Mig Lite? I think it's OK. (It's what I drink mostly but it's more like Corona than XX.) There should be some beer sold in Thailand that works for you. Beer Lao lager is very different from their dark. If you don't mind spending a lot, surely there's a European lager import that would be OK for you. Your tastes don't sound all that difficult to please as far as finding a substitute for your brands.

I like the scent of dos Equis, very mild bitterness hops taste with a sweet aroma.. I really can't explain it, it's the only beer I love drinking so far.. Please help me find a brand that's similar to dos Equis

Exoticpits: you don't drink very much,so if you don't have a session on the local beer how do you know that you don't like it ?.One or two are no good get out and have a skinfull and get back on here and tell us what you think of the local beer.

• Like 2

I really don't like corona.. It's not for me, a bit too bitter for MY taste

I've never even tried Miller Lite. Have you tried the local San Mig Lite? I think it's OK. (It's what I drink mostly but it's more like Corona than XX.) There should be some beer sold in Thailand that works for you. Beer Lao lager is very different from their dark. If you don't mind spending a lot, surely there's a European lager import that would be OK for you. Your tastes don't sound all that difficult to please as far as finding a substitute for your brands.

I like the scent of dos Equis, very mild bitterness hops taste with a sweet aroma.. I really can't explain it, it's the only beer I love drinking so far.. Please help me find a brand that's similar to dos Equis

That's beyond me but its a rich full bodied beer so there will be some European beers that might please you. Perhaps some people have some suggestions. Otherwise, you could just try a new European beer every week until you find one you like. Sounds like fun to me! You like hoppy beers. That's cool. Surely some European beers are hoppy. My favorite beer drinking ever was in the Czech Republic.

I still think you really SHOULD try the Beer Lao Lager (not dark). It's cheap here compared to Euro imports so what do you have to lose? One beer face?

Edited by Jingthing

I don't always drink Dos Equis, but when I do, it's Chang.

I hate the taste of Chang and singha, very nasty..

Is Dos Equis a good beer?

The obvious problem with selling that beer here is that it probably would cost as much as the other imported beers, and some of those are excellent.

I really don't like corona.. It's not for me, a bit too bitter for MY taste

Okay I have the answer to all your problems.Take a big swig of whiter lighting (it's American) Then it won't make what difference beer you take.

Now for the bonus bad ribs will taste great.wai2.gif

im always amazed at how many expats here are willing to swill piss to save a few baht.

the changover certainly is not worth it and i know very few people in Bangkok who would actually touch the stuff, yet still it receives praise on thaivisa.

In fact i cannot think of ANY thai beer i would walk into the store and buy, specially when beer lao, heineken, tiger san mig etc are all readily available.

dont get me wrong, i am not saying that these are my ideal beers, but they dont leave me feeling like shit before i have finished the first bottle, and they needn't be consumed at a temperature slightly above freeze point to be palatable, though i do like my beer cold.

I don't always drink Dos Equis, but when I do, it's Chang.

I hate the taste of Chang and singha, very nasty..

Is Dos Equis a good beer?

The obvious problem with selling that beer here is that it probably would cost as much as the other imported beers, and some of those are excellent.

I was wondering about that to.

The way people are carrying on here one could easily think they were in a club with a membership of wine "hi so's".

im always amazed at how many expats here are willing to swill piss to save a few baht.

the changover certainly is not worth it and i know very few people in Bangkok who would actually touch the stuff, yet still it receives praise on thaivisa.

In fact i cannot think of ANY thai beer i would walk into the store and buy, specially when beer lao, heineken, tiger san mig etc are all readily available.

dont get me wrong, i am not saying that these are my ideal beers, but they dont leave me feeling like shit before i have finished the first bottle, and they needn't be consumed at a temperature slightly above freeze point to be palatable, though i do like my beer cold.

And I'm always amazed by the beers that are heralded on ThaiVisa. At various times there have been threads here lionizing all sorts of swill, ranging from Dos Equis, to Stella, to John Smiths, to Carlsberg. And the stated reason that people like these is always the same - that "Thai beer is swill". Go figure.