Foreign Exchange Transfer Form- Can You Make 2 Transfers?

I need to pay for a condo shortly and today attempted to transfer the money (£70,000 (GBP)) from my UK barclays account (on line). A message came up saying maximum amount is £30,000, I called them and they said maximum on the telephone is £50,000

If I transfer £30k online and £40k on the telephone does anyone know if this will cause problems with registering it at the land office or problems with the foreign exchange transfer form?

thanks in advance

PS the money is going via bkk bank London and they tell me its transferred as soon as it arrives and will show as two seperate transactions

When I purchased my condo -the payment period to the developer was over 18 months.

The FET (or Tor Thor Saam as it was in those days ) issued by the bank referred to every single incoming transaction. This covered both the condo purchase price and my living expenses for that same period..

The land office was satisfied

HI 54321.

Dont forget each transfer must be equal to or more than the equivelent of $50,000USD to receive a Foreign Currency Transfer document,

(old TT3). You can combine 2 or more to satisfy the needs of the Land Transfer Office.

BW

HI 54321.

Dont forget each transfer must be equal to or more than the equivelent of $50,000USD to receive a Foreign Currency Transfer document,

(old TT3). You can combine 2 or more to satisfy the needs of the Land Transfer Office.

BW

Incorrect. For the purpose of purchasing a condo you will obtain a Foreign Currency Exchange certificate, so long as you state to the issuing bank that the purpose of the transfer is to purchase a condo

The amount is not an issue. If you transfer $50,000 or more then you will obtain a Foreign Currency Exchange document automatically from your bank, due to the amount transferred in, not because of the condo law. It used to be $20,000 but the Thai government eliminated that requirement after the last coup when they realized that many expats were transferring slightly more that amount purely to satisfy the bank deposit for extension of stay requirement

Hi Langsuan Man.

Dont forget at the very top of the FCTF it specifically says it is "For transactions valued at USD 50,000 or above or equivalent at market rate".

I have yet to receive the same document for a lessor amount than this, of course the receiving Bank can issue a letter to satisfy the Land office needs and can include several, indeed many small incoming transfers of amounts which are less than USD 50,000. I personally always found it much easier to just buy with the FCTF, rather than getting the bank to issue a letter as they needed copy chanot, sales contract etc, same story at SCB and Kasikorn in Pattaya. However as always nothing here seems to be cast in stone, and stepping outside the norm can bring heartache and hardship.

Regards BW.