Power Out For 9 Days Starting April 5

stevehaigh

has anyone heard what they are saying on TV news? there will be power cuts lasting most of the day in the whole of south Thailand starting April 5th to April 14! OMG!

i hope this is wrong but that is what they are saying on channel 7 news. something to do with gas supplies from Burma to the generating stations in Thailand.

Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (Egat) Governor Sutas Patamasiriwat admitted that power "brownouts" - drops in voltage in the power-supply system - were possible in the South and Bangkok during the period, without the high-voltage pressure from power plants in the country's west.

i guess good to prepare then. buckets of water in the bathrooms and kitchen, ice blocks in the freezer.

The general public should also be encouraged not to wear suits...

not a problem for me, haven't worn a suit in 25 years

BTW, i have a hitachi water pump and i notice whenever we get these brown outs, the stupid thing overheats. does anyone else have that problem? i wonder what to do about it, other than replace it?

Edited by stevehaigh

Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (Egat) Governor Sutas Patamasiriwat admitted that power "brownouts" - drops in voltage in the power-supply system - were possible in the South and Bangkok during the period, without the high-voltage pressure from power plants in the country's west.

i guess good to prepare then. buckets of water in the bathrooms and kitchen, ice blocks in the freezer.

The general public should also be encouraged not to wear suits...

not a problem for me, haven't worn a suit in 25 years

BTW, i have a hitachi water pump and i notice whenever we get these brown outs, the stupid thing overheats. does anyone else have that problem? i wonder what to do about it, other than replace it?

You could try putting a voltage regulator on it. Pumps can burn out quite easily when voltage is low.

Its a false alarm. The Thai idiots who started this rumour are getting a rap over the knuckles for it

The OP's headline was misleading. The articles I read only stated the possibility of having outages & brown outs.

i was quoting what was said on the news. no one can know at this point how bad its going to be, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared. look at Samui, they were not prepared and they got f'ed big time.

Its a false alarm. The Thai idiots who started this rumour are getting a rap over the knuckles for it

Just out of interest, Ivan, how do you know this?

can you quote a source, or are assuming so you post as fact?