Non-Imm B Visa - 1 Year Multiple Entry Obtained In The Region

Hi,

Sorry if this question has been answered before, but since visa regulations are continually evolving, I thought I might see if someone knows what I should do in my situation.

I am working for a foreign based company but in the meantime have been spending a lot of time in Thailand on business for that company. One of my local customers should be able to get me a non-imm B visa in the meantime if I ask him to write a supporting letter etc. This would be particularly useful as I often have to travel across the border to Myanmar or Laos on business and then find myself with a 15-day on arrival stamp on my return to Thailand, which means I often have to do an additional visa run thus driving up costs. Once my company has established it's operations here, things will become easier as they can then sponsor me for a business/work visa but at this point it's early days yet as I we are only at the feasibility study stage right now.

I was therefore wondering if I could use the documents my client provides to apply for a non-B visa, preferably in Vientiane or Savannakhet, Laos although I could head down to Malaysia, Kunming, China (where my company is based) or even Yangon, Myanmar if necessary to apply for the visa depending on which place is most likely to give me a 1-year multiple entry visa. I have previously held 1-year non-B visas for working in Thailand but they were obtained from Australia not in the region. If I could avoid travelling back to Australia for obtaining a long-term visa that would be great. I have heard some consulates in the region only hand out 3-month single entry visas - which begs the question, how could I convert such a visa into a multiple entry one before it's expiry?

Any tips/advice etc.?

In the region no multiple non-B visas are issued without at least having a work permit already and some other requirements depending on the consulate.

Your company should try to get a 1 year multiple non-B visa for you in their country. This will not allow you to work, only do business meetings. Only a Thai based company can get you a work permit that will allow you to work in Thailand.

You cannot legally Work in Thailand without a Work Permit.; a Single Entry 90 Day Non Immigrant Category 'B' Visa would support the issue of a Work Permit which has been applied for you to work with your Thai Customer/Company.

You can no longer easily obtain a One Year Multiple Entry Non Immigrant Category 'B' in SE Asia, perhaps only if it is for a newly formed company and certainly you will not get one without a valid Work Permit.

You are instead expected to extend a Non Immigrant Entry within Thailand which has even more exacting requirements.

Link to 'B' Vsa requiremets http://www.mfa.go.th...siness-and.html

Documents required for a one year extension for work within Thailand

Visa extension on the basis of employment 777 2551 Case 2.1t.pdf

• Like 1

Having been on Non B's with work permits and extensions, for 3 years now, you will not get a multiple entry anywhere near Thailand.

With the correct paper work and a receipt for a W.P. application you may get one in your home country.

I should also mention some Labour Offices will not issue even a receipt until they see the non B in your passport, ie:

Kalasin MOE.

Personally I get sick and tired of the paperwork year after year to be legal. I understand fully the people who choose to live on other visas and work (illegally) in Thailand. It is a lot less hassle and expense, as long as you do not get caught and deported.

Edited by Colabamumbai

I am in the same situation but my company is in Hong Kong.

Do you guys think I can get the Non-Imm B Visa - 1 Year Multiple Entry, if a company in Thailand client of mine ask my company in HK for my services?

Is it HK far enaugh?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hong Kong is fair if you are stationed there. The company being there should make it easy.

With the required letters etc a non-B visa should not be a problem. A multiple might be a problem if it is for something else than business meetings. You indicate working in Thailand, for that you would need a work permit which will only be issued if you work for a Thai based company.

generally those type of visas are only granted in your native country. Once you get the first one in your home country, you can then get a work permit and renew it within Thailand after that. Locally you can get a 3 month visa, get a work permit, then change it to one year.

generally those type of visas are only granted in your native country. Once you get the first one in your home country, you can then get a work permit and renew it within Thailand after that. Locally you can get a 3 month visa, get a work permit, then change it to one year.

Hong Kong is fair if you are stationed there. The company being there should make it easy.

With the required letters etc a non-B visa should not be a problem. A multiple might be a problem if it is for something else than business meetings. You indicate working in Thailand, for that you would need a work permit which will only be issued if you work for a Thai based company.

Thank you guys....I dint explain exactly in my post....I dont need to work in Thailand, I will only do some meetings with my client, and will travel in SE Asia to do the same there, this is why a multi entry will be perfect, but to do the first from my native country will be a problem....

Then you can try it in Australia with paperwork from the company, but normally the country where the company is located would be relatively easy. They might even give a 2 year multiple non-B, on which no extensions are given and no work is allowed.

Hi,

Well, lots of talk.

Call Mrs. Oi (0809635730), she has an office in Udon Thani near the Government Hospital.

I'm quite certain that she can sort you out mate. I'll meet her there anyway tomorrow regarding my paperwork.

Just tell her that Khun David from Udon Thani has sent you.

Good luck...

Ps.: Get Thai'd, and if you know a good job for a guy who is fluent in English,German, and Thai let me know, pls.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your responses. This is what I was thinking:

I would like a non-B multiple entry for business meetings at first, but later in the year (probably towards the end of the year or early next year) we might incorporate ourselves as a local company and I would then work in Thailand with a valid work permit then.

So how should I go about this then: if I apply in the region, I would only get a 3-month single entry visa, during which time (this is assuming I go down the work permit path) I should apply for a work permit, then I will get a 1-year extension (is this multiple entry as even if my company moves one aspect of our operations to Thailand, which I would manage, I would still need to travel regularly to China, Myanmar, Laos and other regional countries?)

I am a dual national and would preferably have my Thai visas in my Swiss passport, not my Australian passport. The reasons for this are I have a work visa for China which must be in my Swiss passport as my previous Chinese visas were issued in my Swiss passport and since China doesn't fully recognize dual nationality, I must use my Swiss passport for any China based travel or residence. Additionally, another reason to use my Swiss passport is that Laos doesn't require a visa for 15 days for Swiss citizens, whereas for Aussies a visa on arrival must be purchased. I rarely travel to Switzerland and going there just for a visa is out of the question for me - when I travel outside of Asia, I travel regularly only to Australia so hopefully they would issue a 1-year multiple entry visa there to a Swiss citizen as well. However, if the 3-month single entry option, which can then be converted into a multiple entry option inside Thailand works, then I would be happy to go down that route as well.

An extension of stay or a single non-B is not multiple entry, but you can get a multiple re-entry permit allowing you to leave and re-enter the cournty without any problems.

A re-entry permit keeps your permission to stay alive. So if you enter Thailand with a sngle non-B you get 90 days of stay. With a re-entry permit you can leave and re-enter Thailand, with keeping your original date alive so you don't need a new visa. It will not add any days for the time you are outside of Thailand.

A re-entry permit costs 1,000 baht for a single, 3,800 for a multiple.

Australia will issue a visa with no problems to a Swiss national.

I know from recent experience of three Thai consulates that will grant non-immigrant B visas with the proper paperwork, which includes a Thai company invitation letter, plus their company registration, etc.: Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, and Singapore, and of course there may be others. They will grant you a three month single-entry non-immgrant B, and you can then get a multiple-entry endorsement at immigration in Thailand for an additional 3,900 baht.

I know from recent experience of three Thai consulates that will grant non-immigrant B visas with the proper paperwork, which includes a Thai company invitation letter, plus their company registration, etc.: Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, and Singapore, and of course there may be others. They will grant you a three month single-entry non-immgrant B, and you can then get a multiple-entry endorsement at immigration in Thailand for an additional 3,900 baht.

A single entry visa is a lot more difficult to get than you imply. Unless teaching a work permit application (WP3) and/or an approval letter from the DOE will be needed along with a stack of company documents.

You will not a multiple entry for 3900 baht at immigration. You have to apply for and get an extension of stay which costs 1900 baht and then a single (1000 baht) or multiple (3800 baht) re-entry permit.

Edited by ubonjoe

An extension of stay or a single non-B is not multiple entry, but you can get a multiple re-entry permit allowing you to leave and re-enter the cournty without any problems.

A re-entry permit keeps your permission to stay alive. So if you enter Thailand with a sngle non-B you get 90 days of stay. With a re-entry permit you can leave and re-enter Thailand, with keeping your original date alive so you don't need a new visa. It will not add any days for the time you are outside of Thailand.

A re-entry permit costs 1,000 baht for a single, 3,800 for a multiple.

Australia will issue a visa with no problems to a Swiss national.

Is it that bad, you need 'permission to stay alive'?;o)

You cannot legally Work in Thailand without a Work Permit.; a Single Entry 90 Day Non Immigrant Category 'B' Visa would support the issue of a Work Permit which has been applied for you to work with your Thai Customer/Company.

You can no longer easily obtain a One Year Multiple Entry Non Immigrant Category 'B' in SE Asia, perhaps only if it is for a newly formed company and certainly you will not get one without a valid Work Permit.

You are instead expected to extend a Non Immigrant Entry within Thailand which has even more exacting requirements.

Link to 'B' Vsa requiremets http://www.mfa.go.th...siness-and.html

Documents required for a one year extension for work within Thailand

I just got my 1 yr, multi entry, non B from Houston embassy January 9,2013. I provided the paperwork package of a Thai company willing to sponsor me which included a letter of invitation, job offer, financials, and legal Thai corp verification. I did not have a work permit. In fact, the local work authority would not process a work permit until AFTER I obtained a non B. I actually had no problems at all with this process. I also did not even have to be present in Houston. I did the entire process through the mail. Cost: $200 US

The post you quoted states it is difficult to obtain in the SE Asia area - not at a Consulate in the USA. And in this area you will require a work permit for more than a single entry (unless living in the area and visa is not for work) and normally will require a receipt for application even for single entry (you do not need a non immigrant B visa to apply for a work permit).

A single entry visa is a lot more difficult to get than you imply. Unless teaching a work permit application (WP3) and/or an approval letter from the DOE will be needed along with a stack of company documents.

You will not a multiple entry for 3900 baht at immigration. You have to apply for and get an extension of stay which costs 1900 baht and then a single (1000 baht) or multiple (3800 baht) re-entry permit.

The stack of company documents consisted of the company registration, list of shareholders, a letter of invitation, and a map of the sponsoring company's location - perhaps 5-10 pages. There were no work permits or an approval letter from DOE. From the HKG Thai Consulate, and this is exactly what was submitted:

http://www.thai-consulate.org.hk/web/3015.php?s=4262

1. Non-Immigrant Visa Category "B" (business and work) - Single, or (Multiple entries for Business only)

Supporting Documents to be submitted with application form upon applying for Non-Immigrant Visa type "B" Conducting business activities in Thailand.:

1.1 An original letter of guarantee from the employer with authorized signature and Company Seal Stamp with

details about the purpose of the visit to Thailand and a copy of the

company registration. A copy of I.D. card of the authorized signatory is

also required.

1.2 A letter from

the Thai Business Counterpart with authorized signature and Company

Seal Stamp, stating the details about the visit to Thailand together

with a copy of the Certificate of Company Registration issued by the

Thai authority. A copy I.D. card of the Company's authorized signatory

is also required.

1.3 A copy of

company's list of shareholders certified by the Commercial Registration

Department, Ministry of Commerce or the pertinent documents certified by

the Commercial Registration Department, stating business

classification, name of partners, Board of Directors, Committee, and

Manager. Also acquire the list of Objective of the Business.

1.4 Map indicating location of the company

And yes, multiple entry visa endorsements without extensions were obtained from Thai immigration for 3900 baht. Once the visa holders are granted work permits, the visa is extendable.

Edited by bubba

You are talking about business travel visa for meetings and such - not for employment here as ubonjoe was talking.

1. There is no such thing as a multiple entry endorsement of a visa - you are talking about re-entry permit for an extension of stay. That is another step at immigration requiring full paperwork and financial conditions, as well as work permit.

2. The cost of this is 3,800 baht.

3. This is not extendable - it is valid for the current permitted to stay time when purchased from immigration.

4. The visa you refer to does not allow work inside Thailand and is not issued for work - any work will require a work permit be obtained first.

You are talking about business travel visa for meetings and such - not for employment here as ubonjoe was talking.

1. There is no such thing as a multiple entry endorsement of a visa - you are talking about re-entry permit for an extension of stay. That is another step at immigration requiring full paperwork and financial conditions, as well as work permit.

2. The cost of this is 3,800 baht.

3. This is not extendable - it is valid for the current permitted to stay time when purchased from immigration.

4. The visa you refer to does not allow work inside Thailand and is not issued for work - any work will require a work permit be obtained first.

1. Yes, there was indeed a multi-entry endorsement of the non-immigrant visas that were obtained in Hong Kong. I saw the multiple entry stamps myself, and these were obtained at immigration in BKK. There was no extension of the original visa.

2. Sorry, I referred back and indeed the cost was 3,800 baht rather than 3,900 baht that I posted.

3. The visas are extendable once papers are filed and work permit approved. This from the law office than handled everything.

4. Correct. I think everyone understands that no visa permits employment or work in Thailand. That is why the Labour Department issues this thing called a "work permit".

It was a re-entry permit which can be obtained for any entry be it visa or visa exempt or extension but does not extend the time allowed so normally people will extend first and then obtain the re-entry permit and is not called an endorsement In your example the person obviously required travel within that 90 day allowed stay many times - not a normal situation.

The re-entry permit is not extendable - only a valid visa entry would be - so that is what the lawyer is talking about. By "this" I was talking about the previous re-entry comment. Sorry for confusion