Big Problem To Get Internet Provider In New Condo Jomtien

balo

I was supposed to move in my things next week and stay for a while in my new condo but I didnt expect that these buildings do not have any wifi or at least I was hoping for a TOT line .

The condo is in Paradise Park , next to Park Lane , so the location is in soi watboon.

Now unfortunately I need to find an alternative , I need a recommendation for a USB dongle for internet , a monthly postpaid plan , with no limitations. .

Who is the best for Jomtien area ? Dtac AIS , True .....

"I need a recommendation for a USB dongle for internet , a monthly postpaid plan , with no limitations. . "

No such beast exists, as far as I know. After a certain amount of download per month (and not very much at that) they all seem to throttle the connection down to fax modem speeds.

You may find that your TV cable company can supply an internet connection easily, quite cheaply and, above all, very rapidly. So I would ask them first.

"I need a recommendation for a USB dongle for internet , a monthly postpaid plan , with no limitations. . "

No such beast exists, as far as I know. After a certain amount of download per month (and not very much at that) they all seem to throttle the connection down to fax modem speeds.

You may find that your TV cable company can supply an internet connection easily, quite cheaply and, above all, very rapidly. So I would ask them first.

cable tv is btv and I was told they do not offer internet so I dont understand why the management at paradise park has done anything to contact isps like 3bb or tot, actually we are living in 2013 an no internet. , I am quite upset about this.

I already have a dtac subscription so will buy an aircard and just hope thay have 3G coverage in soi watboon....

It was explained to me today that they are waiting for government and electric meter for Tot. And they dont know any dates , because its the government and they work very slow.....

Edited by balo

I'm next door to you at Park Lane. I had to wait almost a month to get TOT adsl installed, but it works great. Until I get it I was using TrueMove-H prepaid. Coverage here is very good, speed is about 3Mbps. But all "unlimited" packages drop your speed to 128kbps after reaching the data limit. The most expensive package is 899 baht and the limit is 5GB.

ps. PM if you wanna drop by and have some beers. smile.png

Edited by d2molina

Is Sophon TV avaialble in your condo? if so you should be able to use Sophon broadband till you can get a proper ISP

We have ascertained that his cable TV provider is BTV, not Sophon, so normally that wont be possible.

And Sophon are a "proper ISP" (with CAT's assistance). In fact most Sophon internet subscribers seem to be far more satisfied with their cable internet connections than most "proper" ADSL subscribers are.

I'm quite surprised to hear that Paradise Park does not yet have TOT internet availability (I also live next door at PL). Have you gone to the TOT office (Pattaya Klang & 3rd Road) to enquire?

As to using a USB dongle (mobile signal) for internet access, I'd just like to mention that I use True (not True H) for my mobile service and usually have a weak or no signal inside my flat. I should note though, that I have an interior unit and perhaps my reception would be much better if I had an outside unit. If you do take this route, I'd advise you to first ensure that you get a strong signal inside of your flat. Cheers.

It was explained to me today that they are waiting for government and electric meter for Tot.

Phone lines (for voice or ADSL) do not require a separate electrical supply. They are self-powered.

Ok then someone is making up a story at the offices over at Matrix , thats what I was told in a mail today .

Edited by balo

I'm quite surprised to hear that Paradise Park does not yet have TOT internet availability (I also live next door at PL). Have you gone to the TOT office (Pattaya Klang & 3rd Road) to enquire?

As to using a USB dongle (mobile signal) for internet access, I'd just like to mention that I use True (not True H) for my mobile service and usually have a weak or no signal inside my flat. I should note though, that I have an interior unit and perhaps my reception would be much better if I had an outside unit. If you do take this route, I'd advise you to first ensure that you get a strong signal inside of your flat. Cheers.

I'm in 7th floor with an outside view so hopefully the signal will be ok .

Will try Dtac dongle for a month , problem is I use 2 laptops and a smart phone so I really need a wifi connection, and I use torrents a lot .

Maybe I have to contact the TOT office directly , shouldnt really be necessary , the new owners already been complaining about this for 1 month.

Edited by balo

Will try Dtac dongle for a month , problem is I use 2 laptops and a smart phone so I really need a wifi connection, and I use torrents a lot .

Maybe I have to contact the TOT office directly , shouldnt really be necessary , the new owners already been complaining about this for 1 month.

Use something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-MR3020-Portable-Wireless-Router/dp/B00634PLTW/

I dont really see what your ADSL/phone line has to do with the building management anyway. It's up to you to order it and get it installed if you want it. The building just provides the internal cables to your room and presumably you have these.

Use something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-MR3020-Portable-Wireless-Router/dp/B00634PLTW/

I dont really see what your ADSL/phone line has to do with the building management anyway. It's up to you to order it and get it installed if you want it. The building just provides the internal cables to your room and presumably you have these.

Yes that would solve it , maybe they sell this router somewhere in Pattaya , or I just have to look for it in Panthip.

Good question , I dont understand why the government has anything to do with Tot installation.

I'm in 7th floor with an outside view so hopefully the signal will be ok .

I use a Mobile Wifi.(this one) It's an aircard that is a wifi hotspot. You can connect up to 5 devices. But for torrent the only way is the adsl.

Is Sophon TV avaialble in your condo? if so you should be able to use Sophon broadband till you can get a proper ISP

We have ascertained that his cable TV provider is BTV, not Sophon, so normally that wont be possible.

And Sophon are a "proper ISP" (with CAT's assistance). In fact most Sophon internet subscribers seem to be far more satisfied with their cable internet connections than most "proper" ADSL subscribers are.

Sophon, if available is a very good choice. For certain they have the best customer service. Nothing else comes close.

Well some good news , TOT will show up on Monday and will offer 12 month contracts for 10mbit only 590 baht.

Not sure how long we have to wait for the installation but hopefully it will happen next week. smile.png

• 3 weeks later...

After waiting 14 days for TOT to install the line , they finally came here on Friday with the modem package . Everything worked as it should until last night !

Around 2 AM the signal suddenly dissapeared ! I try to call the 24 hour support 03835998, 038319255, no replies , only music for 15 minutes and the phone disconnects !

I try again this morning to call them with same result !

Now I have been without Internet for 6 hours , I know its Sunday but what kind of support is this ? I tried to avoid TOT in the first place but they "own" this area so I have no choice than just wait until the line is back , and I think that will be a long long wait . crying.gif

TOT came back online around noon ,So 10 hours is just too much.

I hope this was a one time experience.

If you want reliability you should definitely go with cable rather than ADSL. My cable hardly ever goes down.

I expect you will have problems again as soon as it starts raining.

Cable here is BTV and they do not offer any Internet service , so only TOT in this area . sad.png