Careless Car Dealers And Waiting List, Who Believes In Their Bs ?

Fgis

Hi,

With most of the car makes having plants in Chonburi and most parts also being made in Thailand who can believe that car dealers have no choice but ask customers to wait 3 months at least when buying a new car ?

If they really wanted to deliver faster they would build more cars, it's an evidence.

I wonder what is the reason of all this ? To keep prices high and people interested ? (when something is hard to get people want it more)

I am sure that this thing is artificially made and that it would cost them a lost of money in US or EU when they would be caught for having organized this fake market. Maybe billions for the Thai government in the future, but now millions in some official pockets for sure.

If you really believe the BS story tell me why.

I've just bought two cars and was told April.. They have both arrived already....

I suspect we got lucky when someone else has failed to get finance - Maybe the cash sale helps?

I also suspect that the Dealers don't like to keep stock and simply place an order with the manufacture on received bookings. I suspect that (for example) a Honda show room operates separately from the Honda manufacturing plant, almost as a separate business with their own balance sheets etc... For this reason I suspect they only order a car from the manufacture once a booking has been received and in doing so they never have left over stock they can't sell.

Customer Satisfaction, Consumer Protection, Rights, Service etc are all in their infancy in Thailand. The Big business still holds all the cards.

This combined with lazy staff who's only priority is to secure the sale results in misinformation and often a dash of disappointment for many who wait longer than the allotted delivery time.

It's not BS. Car sales break new records every year and they can only increase production in Thailand so fast. Remember the factories were completely closed down for several months because of the flooding a year ago. Because of import taxes, it is not an option to import cars from another country, so you have to wait for the local factories to catch up with orders instead.

It's not BS. Car sales break new records every year and they can only increase production in Thailand so fast. Remember the factories were completely closed down for several months because of the flooding a year ago. Because of import taxes, it is not an option to import cars from another country, so you have to wait for the local factories to catch up with orders instead.

What was the excuse for the reported delays before the flooding then ? It still used to take 1-2 months to get a car.

The flooding explains some of the additional delay, however, I suspect there are additional factors....

What was the excuse for the reported delays before the flooding then ? It still used to take 1-2 months to get a car.

The flooding explains some of the additional delay, however, I suspect there are additional factors....

Like giving new car buyers a 100,000 THB incentive to buy new !

Edited by Langsuan Man

The special Thai 100'000 Baht incentive did drive sales figures up much higher than expected, you could read in other threads... so it might be that the manufactures did concentrate on those special cars for a while and other models got even more delays.

Wife signed the contract for her Mazda at End of December (shortly before closing date of the deal) and the Chonburi dealer said 3 months, called after 45 days and announced the car ready to pick up... better than expected...

Edited by Swiss1960

That's Thailand: the prices of cars, even domestically built, are about double of identical cars sold outside. (Example: Toyota Camry similar spec in U.S. about US$ 25,000 in Thailand about THB 1.6 million.) This takes away all reasons the protect domestic markets, because the consumer gets bad products at inflated prices. Who is the sucker here? That's right: the consumer.

The government has successfully eliminated all competition among car builders and importers with the result that Thailand is a seller's country. The dealers are dictating the market, not demand, not the customer. And the First Car Subsidy Scheme has made it only worse.

Long waiting lists are the logical consequence of this misguided policy.

This thread annoys me.

This is not a country where cars are waiting for buyers, but buyers are waiting for cars FULL STOP.

Is it that difficult to understand?

The car industry is booming like crazy. Factories are growing like mushrooms, but still not enough to supply from one day to the other.

It might all be a big debt bubble and if it burtst you might get your car on the spot.

Today: NO. If so, you are ver lucky or the car is rubbish.

As others said: made for export.

Certain models produced here are 100% exported to Australia. Try to get a 3.2l Ford Wildtrack, 6 speed automatic.

NO CHANCE!

I have no idea what the sales culture in your country is, but e.g. i Germany new cars are always made to order and have a reasonable time to wait.

Popular Merc or BMW models have an even longer queue.

Edited by KhunBENQ

The sales and stock system in Thailand is different from that in the "west".

Most car-dealers there are concessionaires and are basically a warehouse for the car-manufacturer or car-importer.

If you'd like a specific car, with specific features in a specific color, the central database will show where the car is and it will be taken from another concessionaires' stock.

In Thailand it's the dealer who has the stock and paid for it (most part). If you would like to get car faster, start shopping around.

Last your I bought a new Civic:

- Honda Chonburi By-pass: 3, maybe 4 months

- Honda Chonburi Central: 3 months

- Honda Bang Pli: 2 months

- Honda Pattaya/Jomtien: 1 month

Some Civic were in stock and if they would have met my requirements, I could have a new car within 2 days.

Whatever happens........do not ever get into paying in order to jump the queue. An acquaintance paid THB 30,000 to jump the queue on a Toyota Fortuner and reduced the waiting time from 3 to 2 months............

All countries work differently. Where I am from, if you cannot find a model you like from the few hundred cars on the lot, a dealer goes to a database and finds one anywhere in the country and it is delivered ANYWHERE within the country usually within three days. Some do have to special order but that is not that common but does happen. All dealers are also required to have parts on hand or quickly available for all models sold by the dealer going back ten years. Even looking for a spare used part, a database can find the part and have it within 24 hours. When you are used to a system like this is can be way too frustrating to deal with the way it is here. Keeps us on our toes...