Chelsea Over The Top

As a life long Chelsea fan, I am dismayed to find myself almost hating Mohrino, Drogba & Robben. Why can't they play football and coach like they are paid to do instead of indulge in amateur dramatics and foolhardy play acting? It is starting to get an embarrasment saying that I support Chelsea. What do they gain by cheating, acting and disregarding common curtesy? I think Abromoloadsamoney should go into the dressing room and say you, you & you. OUT.OUT.OUT.

Lets have our team back to the way it used to be, when we could walk with our heads held high and say " I'm a Chelsea fan" Can you imagine Giofranca or Vialli stooping to such tactics. NO.

Throw the w@ankers out I say.

As a neutral, I am getting bored with Mourinho and all his antics. His coments after the Barcelona loss were childish and when you see the way Drogba feigned injury in the game against WBA yesterday, it gets a bit tiresome. Even a normally laid back manager, Bryan Robson was wanting to have it out with Mourinho yesterday.

Chelsea have some terrific players in Frank Lampard, John Terry and Joe Cole. For them and good mates of mine who used to travel to watch Chelsea play in the old second division away to teams like Oldham or Carlisle on a Friday night, i would live to see Chelsea win the Champions League. :D

But as far as Mourinho, Abramovich and Drogba etc. go, I would be quite happy to see them fall on their face. :o

A very brave and honest post Lamps.

I sat waching it with a Chelsea fan, he could not see anything wrong with the way Chelsea played as long as they won was all he cared about. But he is young and knows nothing about the ethics of football.

You are right of course about everything you say, how could you be wrong?

Maybee the Manager is so pre-occupied with the big game coming up that he feels that he will face a lot of criticism in the press if they dont go through.. he definatley has a pesonality defect, he can never admit a mistake and never gives any credit to teams that give his side a going over, its always someone else's fault !

He is probably the most disliked Manager in the football world right now and if he is encouraging his players to be like him well....

He is doing more harm than good for football right now

But what to do?

Thats the question!

TP

BTW I thought the minutes silence for Peter Osgood was probabaly the most beautiful one I hadever seen. Credit to the West Brom fans

Edited by ThaiPauly

lamps fair play mate,i no where you are comming from mourinos luck will run out soon,and do you think he will handle it like a man or be a big cry baby.

the english players in your team i like but the rent a mob like drogba robben should be out the door and you would still have a good team.

i wish robbo had twatted mourino.lol.

Good post, lampard, and very big of you to write like that.

The antics of Mourinho are a disgrace, and he's doing no good to football in general or Chelsea in particular. His whining after Barcelona made me cringe, and his behaviour at West Brom was pathetic.

I know several Chelsea fans saying the same as you. Unfortunately, Mourinho's behaviour encourages the likes of Drogba to behave in the way he does.

I disagree, though, that Abramovich could solve this by booting them out. Frankly, it's his incredible buying power that is contributing to the arrogant attitude of the club.

As a Leeds fan, I'm not Chelsea-lover. I still recallthe fantastic battles we had in the late 60s and early 70s. Those games were hard and fair. Players got kicked to bits, but there was always mutual respect between the likes of Bremner and Ron Harris. The worst of Chelsea today is that they seem to have no respect for anyone other than themselves - coming out late from halftime epitomises that attitude.

Final point. I exclude Terry, Lampard and Cole from my criticism. Solid grafters and genuine guys. I'm sure they are equally embarassed at what is going on. Isn't it ironic that they are all English? Nuff said.

Why on earth is it brave to state the blindingly obvious?

Winning is all and the other premier division teams subscribe, whenever possible, to the very same antics performed by Mourinho and his team. Unsporting behaviour is part and parcel of the current game and it is quite ludicrous to single out Chelsea for special criticism. It's all too redolent of the anti ManU sentiment that prevailed for so long and is as equally unjustified.

Of much greater significance is their departure from the champions league which yet again demonstrates the inferior quality of English club football that continually flatters to deceive and only exists to serve the media's interests.

Still, there is Arsenal left I suppose.

• 3 weeks later...
As a life long Chelsea fan, I am dismayed to find myself almost hating Mohrino, Drogba & Robben. Why can't they play football and coach like they are paid to do instead of indulge in amateur dramatics and foolhardy play acting? It is starting to get an embarrasment saying that I support Chelsea. What do they gain by cheating, acting and disregarding common curtesy?

You can add Shaun Wright-Phillips to your long list off cheaters now.

I exclude Terry, Lampard and Cole from my criticism.

Terry and Lampard. Fairy nuff.

But Cole???? :o

Goes to ground just as quick as any of those foreign chappies.

You can add Shaun Wright-Phillips to your long list off cheaters now.

And as the opposing manager pointed out this is something completely out of character for him - suggests that they're following instructions.

Edited by Tarragona

Good honest post lamps. :o

I'm a life long City fan and to be honest i don't think theyr'e doing anything that hasn't been done before, by many a player. Sometimes it's not nice to see but it goes on all the time. The thing is, ref's are not that stupid. :D They see replays and Drogba won't be given the benefit in future, for legitimate fouls on him.

As for saturday, yeah he scored a goal (against us) :D after he handballed it first but any other player wouldn't have said anything either. That is upto the officials to spot. Another reason for video evidence in my view.

On the back of an ITLIAN player admiting to the referee in a game in Siere A that he handled the ball before scoring for Roma... DROGBA handles the ball and scored last week... then admitted AFTER the game that he handled it! Why on earth did he ADMIT it? Its not as if anything can be done about it now, it just fuels the flames of hatred against the club!!!

A few seasons ago (well 10) Robbie Fowler was bought down by David Seaman in an Arsenal v Liverpool game. He remonstrated with the referee that he was not bought down.... but the ref still gave the penalty.

Good on Robbie for his SPORTSMANSHIP... I doubt if we will ever see anything like that again.

Drogba will come in for some heavy stick from opposing fans now and deservedly so... I just wish that Jose would always start with Crepo, a far more talented player in my opinion.

I just saw a poll on "Sky Sports" where the question was posed "Who are the most "Hated" team in the Prem League.. It did not surprise me that Chelsea were run away leaders in that as well with 57% of the total votes cast! This would not have been the case even a year ago I am sure!

I really do feel genuinly sorry for Chelsea fans... they do not deserve this...Its one thing to be sweeping all before them, but another to be despised by all and sundry!

TP

On the back of an ITLIAN player admiting to the referee in a game in Siere A that he handled the ball before scoring for Roma... DROGBA handles the ball and scored last week... then admitted AFTER the game that he handled it! Why on earth did he ADMIT it? Its not as if anything can be done about it now, it just fuels the flames of hatred against the club!!!

A few seasons ago (well 10) Robbie Fowler was bought down by David Seaman in an Arsenal v Liverpool game. He remonstrated with the referee that he was not bought down.... but the ref still gave the penalty.

Good on Robbie for his SPORTSMANSHIP... I doubt if we will ever see anything like that again.

Drogba will come in for some heavy stick from opposing fans now and deservedly so... I just wish that Jose would always start with Crepo, a far more talented player in my opinion.

I just saw a poll on "Sky Sports" where the question was posed "Who are the most "Hated" team in the Prem League.. It did not surprise me that Chelsea were run away leaders in that as well with 57% of the total votes cast! This would not have been the case even a year ago I am sure!

I really do feel genuinly sorry for Chelsea fans... they do not deserve this...Its one thing to be sweeping all before them, but another to be despised by all and sundry!

TP

I think it was very big of the man to admit what he did. He could have done a Wenger and just said " Ahh deed nmop saey et" He is perfectly right as well. Any striker of any note would have done the same. Look at the ' Goal' the week before against Fulham. Handball. Why. He controlled it with the upper arm. 20 years ago it would not have been a foul. Now it is a matter of an inch either way if it is the shoulder or the hand. To me a hand ball is if a played uses his.............................................................................

........wait for it..............................................................................

.................yes HAND to control the ball. Not his underarm hair, or the Premiership Logo at the top of the arm.

Now onto the diving issue: a few years back it was the mighty Gunners that were at the peak, and falling over when anyone looked at them like Chelsea are now. Not a lot was said at the time.

Pires used to fall over if someone spoke to him. I know I started this thread knocking Chelsea tactics but on reflection they are no worse than other teams. I still stick by my guns though in saying that they are bringing a bad name to the club. Take Drogba; Last year he was booked for diving against Villa, when TV evidence showed that he was hacked down inside the area. Did I hear anyone shout " Oh the injustice. Poor Drogba" This year something like the same happens, but with mimimal contact, and straight away everybody, whether they know football or not is out of their chairs shouting. Last year he was sent off for what seemed a perfectly innoccuous challange going for the ball against Barcelona. Look at this year. TV evidence showed that all Del Horno was guilty of was bad football, not a leg-breaking challange. If the ball had not bounced away at such a funny angle he might well have made contact. As it was all he did, was knocked the opponent out of the way. He was alright as well, until he saw the ref looking his way. I think the refs have a lot to do with it as well. Take last weeks match Liverpool v Everton. If someone farted they got booked.

Evertons Dutch player something van somethingelse, did not warrant a sending off. But the ref just evened the game up. In fact the challange that got Gerrard sent off was a bad one, but the first booking?Never. Anyway. Pick the bones out of that lot all you fans. I've had my say again.

Maybee the Manager is so pre-occupied with the big game coming up that he feels that he will face a lot of criticism in the press if they dont go through.. he definatley has a pesonality defect, he can never admit a mistake and never gives any credit to teams that give his side a going over, its always someone else's fault !

He is probably the most disliked Manager in the football world right now and if he is encouraging his players to be like him well....

He is doing more harm than good for football right now

But what to do?

Thats the question!

well, we are trying to figure this out with toxin right now aren't we, they're so alike :o

Whoa,, hold on a minute Lampard.. you satrted this "Chelseas bashing thread" so dont be surprised if you get bashed! What do you want... have your cake (or pie) and eat it! YOU put yourself up for this.. nobody else.. except the consequenses like the Man I know you to be

PS Thanks for contributing to the Reading are promoted thread, I appreciate that :D

See u next year then... daggers drawn as usual!!! :o

Whoa,, hold on a minute Lampard.. you satrted this "Chelseas bashing thread" so dont be surprised if you get bashed! What do you want... have your cake (or pie) and eat it! YOU put yourself up for this.. nobody else.. except the consequenses like the Man I know you to be

PS Thanks for contributing to the Reading are promoted thread, I appreciate that :D

See u next year then... daggers drawn as usual!!! :o

Read it again Pauly........I've stated all that in the post. I'm not accepting it, just giving reasons as to why it may be happening. Footballers are human after all. Anyway, promise you we won't dive against Reading. (shouldn't need to)

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that the performance that Chelsea put in against Everton yesterday was superb.

Drogba has come in for a lot of stick but he was sublime, I have never seen him play so well, scoring a superb goal and brilliantly crafting another.

Looks like the ref's are wising up to Robben's antics though. His reputation as a diver grows by the game. Thats the only down side to yesterdays performance.

It would have been a fitting game in which to clinch the title but I suppose they will just have to wait until they play United. A point is enough from what I can gather.

Great performance Chelsea...the stuff of which Champions are made

Edited by ThaiPauly

I have to say that the performance that Chelsea put in against Everton yesterday was superb.

Drogba has come in for a lot of stick but he was sublime, I have never seen him play so well, scoring a superb goal and brilliantly crafting another.

Looks like the ref's are wising up to Robben's antics though. His reputation as a diver grows by the game. Thats the only down side to yesterdays performance.

It would have been a fitting game in which to clinch the title but I suppose they will just have to wait until they play United. A point is enough from what I can gather.

Great performance Chelsea...the stuff of which Champions are made

Cheers mate.........I agree. We can do without the likes of Robben, however well he plays. Basically if Chelsea lose their last 3 matches by two goals or more, and United win their last 3 matches by 2 goals or more, then the title goes to O.T. But then again if my Grandma had balls, she would have been my Grandad.

Edited by lampard10

i don't care how the Chelsea players act, just so long as the Red scum don't win the title I'm happy :o:D

Yours faithfully.............yes, a bitter blue (Man City that is) :D

P.S. Proffart, Rochdale won yesterday :D

Edited by mrbojangles

i don't care how the Chelsea players act, just so long as the Red scum don't win the title I'm happy :o:D

Yours faithfully.............yes, a bitter blue (Man City that is) :D

P.S. Proffart, Rochdale won yesterday :D

:D:D , top man Mr Bojangles, made me smile.

redrus