Thaivisa Poll: Should Thaksin Stay?

george

Should Thaksin stay?  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The farangs here in Thailand place way too much importance on their being here. They also have no business even trying to get involved in Thai politics. Thaksin was lawfully elected by the Thai people and should remain in office until there is someone who can take him out by beating him.

I think that soon there will be a backlash against the academics and others who want him out. They will be told to quit crying and to start planning to field a candidate who can beat him.

We always have to option to leave the country and if I thought there was a better place for me I'd be on my way.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

getting involved in Thai politics? We aren't ... we are discussing it. I didn't see one farang on the list of people that petitioned the King did you?

But I certainly do not believe there will be any backlash against them for petitioning the King for redress.

but to pay my tax here is allowed, or?

Nice that I am allowed to finance part of thaksins corruption......

I guess a lot of people want to "beating him".

By the way Hitler was also lawfully elected...

Saddam and Kim in North Korea are also lawfull in their position (because they made the law)....

The farangs here in Thailand place way too much importance on their being here. They also have no business even trying to get involved in Thai politics. Thaksin was lawfully elected by the Thai people and should remain in office until there is someone who can take him out by beating him.

I think that soon there will be a backlash against the academics and others who want him out. They will be told to quit crying and to start planning to field a candidate who can beat him.

We always have to option to leave the country and if I thought there was a better place for me I'd be on my way.

... if he's a criminal who has broken Thai law maybe you can save the folks in Sanam Luang some effort and tell them that instead of holding rallies in Sanam Luang they can invest their time in legal proceedings

Believe it or not, but there are no legal options available against the PM. It's like Cubans suing Fidel Castro - a nonstarter.

PM Thaksin has yet to be convicted of anything, so what you are saying is irrelevant.

On paper he is clean, but in public opinion he is guilty beyond doubt, and people take to the streets because that's the only place they have left.

Techinically, for pushing laws favouring his business, he should be impeached in Parlament (which he quickly dissolved when the Opposition appealed to TRT rank and file members for support in sensure notion, maybe by coincidence).

For concealing assets in nominees names he should be investigated by NCCC and tried in Constitution Court. NCCC doesn't exist anymore and the Constitution Court refused to investigate the case itself.

Revenue Department, Securities Exchange Commission, and Anti-Money Laundering Organisation are under full Taksin's control and won't move a finger against their boss.

These are simple facts that drive people on the streets - no other legal options. That, and petitioning the King - the only power left outside of Taksin's direct and indirect control.

PM Thaksin has yet to be convicted of anything, so what you are saying is irrelevant.

On paper he is clean, but in public opinion he is guilty beyond doubt

Your statement reminds me of a good old Southern mob lynching.

well ... I am guessing that MOST of the people of that organization do not think tha "The USA is not a democracy" :o

I'm also guessing that the Moderators on this board and the other posters are not aware of the harassing insulting PMs I've been getting from you either.

It's people like you on forums that stop others from posting their views in case they are singled out, badgered and harassed. You look for things to jump on instead of offering some kind of intelligent alternative. People are allowed their own views, I don't insult you because I don't agree with your politics. You knew full well what I meant in the statement and because I did not say exactly "The US is a Republican Democracy and not a Parliamentary Democracy" you took that as your cue to try and intimidate someone. I'm sorry you didn't understand the statement, you could have asked for clarification and acted in an adult way.

Lukamar, keep fighting the good fight, don't get dissuaded by these people. I like your posts.

I find that the people in the wrong are often more vocal (i.e. unsubstantiated allegations, conspiracy theories), but the ones in the right will be the ones taking action (i.e. voting and running for election) and usually win in the end.

Lukamar, keep fighting the good fight, don't get dissuaded by these people. I like your posts.

Agreed, I'd defend your right to post

I find that the people in the wrong are often more vocal (i.e. unsubstantiated allegations, conspiracy theories),

For example, calling their opponents 'barking like dogs' or 'homeless' , or calling intellectuals know-nothings.

but the ones in the right will be the ones taking action (i.e. voting and running for election) and usually win in the end.

Agree that TRT will win this election, if it takes place, but that Thaksin will lose in the longer-term.

Agree that TRT will win this election, if it takes place, but that Thaksin will lose in the longer-term.

He'll probably come out of all this smelling like a rose, no pun intended, that's the way it normally goes. I can see it now, my son, twenty years from now, having lunch in the shadow of the Shin Monument. :o

He'll probably come out of all this smelling like a rose, no pun intended, that's the way it normally goes. I can see it now, my son, twenty years from now, having lunch in the shadow of the Shin Monument. :o

I look forward to the day that any monument built for him would meet with the same fate as the one built for the very-Thaksin-like, Marcos:

_38636025_marcos_300afp.jpg

"An enormous concrete bust commissioned by the late Philippine dictator Ferdinand Marcos to immortalise himself has been blown up.

The hollow statue, which juts out of a mountainside in Benguet province, lost its eyes, nose and forehead in the blast, as well as a large chunk of its right cheek."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As for the monument design ideas, something along these lines seems most appropriate for Thaksin:

mmmyummy.jpg

I can see it now, my son, twenty years from now, having lunch in the shadow of the Shin Monument. :o

I look forward to the day that any monument built for him would meet with the same fate as the one built for the very-Thaksin-like, Marcos:........ has been blown up.

Only at this time with such polarization could a tongue-in-cheek joke be taken so out of context and then turned around into an attack.