Unchained Backhoe Falls Off Truck In Pathum Thani: Thailand

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the picture, did wounder what a backhoe was, we in the UK know them as a JCB Diggers.

It wasn't a backhoe that dripped off the truck, it was an excavator. (and the photo is not as the one that dropped of the truck)

And the reason they have the generic name (of JCB) is that they are made by J C Bamford

Thank you "Bob the Builder", but "Can you fix it?" thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Just the same as my Thai son when asked why he is not waring his crash helmet when setting off on his "btw fast" motorcycle ... "because I am only going a short distance & the police are not in the area i'm going"

Is this typical?

I think it would take more than just a crash helmet to protect anyone if that thing fell on top of them.

If some people like to live dangerously, that’s fine. But when they also gamble with other people’s lives, especially in this case, as the consequences could have been catastrophic, innocents could have been seriously injured or killed, than this maniac deserves a long-term prison sentence, heavily fined and banned for driving for life.

There is simply no humorous side to this story, considering that many could have been on the receiving end of this most reckless act.

• Like 2

PathumThani......hub of gravity.♥♡

IF THEY LET THIS IDOIT DRIVE a truck ever again, they need be jailed, the police !!! this is first rule of transport tings to secure them 100 prosent from moving forward and sideways .

Lol........ are you new to Thailand?

Didn't you know Thai Airways attached a helicopter on top of a Boeing 747 3 years ago, as luggage?

They tied it with string, after watching an American advert for the world's strongest string.

It didn't fall of, but the tailplane endured great difficulty in directing the plane, when trying to turn the rudder.

It took off, went round 358 degrees, and made an emergency landing on runway 28 of Suvarnabhumi airport.

All staff, and passengers, made a safe landing, thank God.

-mel.

• Like 2

IF THEY LET THIS IDOIT DRIVE a truck ever again, they need be jailed, the police !!! this is first rule of transport tings to secure them 100 prosent from moving forward and sideways .

Didn't you know Thai Airways attached a helicopter on top of a Boeing 747 3 years ago, as luggage?

They tied it with string, after watching an American advert for the world's strongest string.

It didn't fall of, but the tailplane endured great difficulty in directing the plane, when trying to turn the rudder.

It took off, went round 358 degrees, and made an emergency landing on runway 28 of Suvarnabhumi airport.

-mel.

You know this could almost be believable!

-mel.

You know this could almost be believable!

What? You don't remember that story?

It was touted as a possible emergency safety system for jumbos. The Thai army trained 1000 burmese helicopter pilots who were to be strapped into the helicopters with a styrofoam lunchbox, and some thermal blankets that normally get distributed on the mountains every year when it gets cold.

They attempted the first vertical take off of a jumbo, but it didn't work when the rotors were hit by an errant drive by air vice Marshall shanktoleft off the 8th tee at don muang.

• Like 1

BANGKOK: -- Have you ever felt nervous driving alongside or behind a truck carrying industrial machinery or (even worse) lumber that seems to be hanging on precipitously by little more than hope?

Uh, no, I make it a point to pass trucks and buses quickly, unlike so many other drivers who want to slow down when the approach a truck. Then sit in the trucks blind spot for a long period, placing themselves in danger AND backing up traffic. Just go past them, quickly and smoothly, you will be much safer doing that than trailing behind the trucks.

Of course this could be cured quickly if the BiB patrolled the roadways and gave out tickets instead of standing at idiotic places flapping their arms.

I once managed a forklift division in England and sent hundreds of forklifts up and down the country, no driver would tie his load down on the basis that if they hit a corner too fast only the forklifts would roll off whereas if tied down it would result in the truck turning over as well. This was common practice in the UK and not once did my drivers ever get pulled for it.

I once managed a forklift division in England and sent hundreds of forklifts up and down the country, no driver would tie his load down on the basis that if they hit a corner too fast only the forklifts would roll off whereas if tied down it would result in the truck turning over as well. This was common practice in the UK and not once did my drivers ever get pulled for it.

A cunning plan - with the minor flaw that the forklift would not roll into no man's land but most probably into oncoming traffic or pedestrians on the sidewalk. Seems your drivers were not quite the brightest lights in the shed.

A cunning plan - with the minor flaw that the forklift would not roll into no man's land but most probably into oncoming traffic or pedestrians on the sidewalk. Seems your drivers were not quite the brightest lights in the shed.

Believe me when a forklift comes off a truck it does not land on it's wheels and roll away, it lands on it's side and virtually stops instantly.

Believe me when a forklift comes off a truck it does not land on it's wheels and roll away, it lands on it's side and virtually stops instantly.
My mistake, for me rolling is movement along the longitudinal axis, the other thing is taxiing. But you haven't explained what happens when it lands (or touches down) on the opposite lane or the sidewalk.

The only obvious advantage is that the driver can flee the scene.

To start off Khun Thanasit said – "Can do. We diving only short time. I take care everything".

Then the T-junction and physics took control.

Now says Khun Thanasit "No poblem, we Thai again"

Where do we even begin to change our country.

Where do we even begin to clear our country? Cleanse the gene pool! Until then it will be the hub of stupidity!

I applaud the comedy genius who wrote the Coconuts Bangkok article:

Workers spent about an hour lifting the backhoe back onto the truck using a crane. It is not clear whether or not Mr. Thanasit then tied the load down before completing his journey since the destination was even closer by that point.

the sad thing about life in Thailand is, he probably wasn't joking.

Just the same as my Thai son when asked why he is not waring his crash helmet when setting off on his "btw fast" motorcycle ... "because I am only going a short distance & the police are not in the area i'm going"

Is this typical?

I think it would take more than just a crash helmet to protect anyone if that thing fell on top of them.

If some people like to live dangerously, that’s fine. But when they also gamble with other people’s lives, especially in this case, as the consequences could have been catastrophic, innocents could have been seriously injured or killed, than this maniac deserves a long-term prison sentence, heavily fined and banned for driving for life.

There is simply no humorous side to this story, considering that many could have been on the receiving end of this most reckless act.

My point was that... the truck driver thought it would be ok to go a short distance with the dozer un-shackeld - which seems the same as my son thinking its ok to go a "short distance" without his crash helmet.

I think its just stupidity, laziness and a dont care a rats arse attitude.

(my point had nothing to do with motocyclists getting crushed by bulldozers!!!!!)