Starting A Prawn Fishing Pond Biz In Thailand ?

I am reminded of the question 'How do Eskimos do their fishing?'

Well first they cut a hole in the ice and then they sprinkle peas around the edge of the hole.

Eventually, when the fish have to come up for a pea, the Eskimo smacks them on the head with a hammer.

No worries

Health supplements, Vitamins, etc will see large growth here. Health supplement industry

will triple in size within 5 years. In Thailand there are still many gaps/opportunities

That would be the multi-level marketing scam.

maybe 5% to 10% of companies you could make that statment about, but you could also say that about all industry and sectors, for example the building industry or the stock market.

For example www.heel.com i see nothing wrong with them and many other companies in the health supplement industry. They follow a sound business model.

Sweeping statments like that are not correct.

So whats the verdict?

Is this business doable or no ?

Whats the percentage of succeeding.

Live here and make my living here, took a long time to set up. No money from the west. It's not easy and it's not your turf.

I have land, and can get more if you have a plan, but not heard of people farming Mekong type large shrimps in dams. If you know how, please PM me. Jim

Hi Jim, We farm them mixed with our Fish farming up here North of you ,will PM you this evening.

OD ... if you have sent the PM ... can you copy me into it also ... for obvious reasons ... thumbsup.gif

So whats the verdict?

Is this business doable or no ?

Whats the percentage of succeeding.

Live here and make my living here, took a long time to set up. No money from the west. It's not easy and it's not your turf.

I have land, and can get more if you have a plan, but not heard of people farming Mekong type large shrimps in dams. If you know how, please PM me. Jim

Hi Jim, We farm them mixed with our Fish farming up here North of you ,will PM you this evening.

OD ... if you have sent the PM ... can you copy me into it also ... for obvious reasons ... thumbsup.gif

Hi David, I havnt sent Jim the PM yet , I am in Udon getting treatment on an infection in my ancient eyes, I may as well start a thread in the farming forum,rather than answer all the PM,s.I inevatably get.

Besides ,the forum needs a meaty thread or two,its starting to read like a Dorothy Dix column in the Womans Day.tongue.png

• Like 2

No worries

Health supplements, Vitamins, etc will see large growth here. Health supplement industry

will triple in size within 5 years. In Thailand there are still many gaps/opportunities

maybe 5% to 10% of companies you could make that statment about, but you could also say that about all industry and sectors, for example the building industry or the stock market.

For example www.heel.com i see nothing wrong with them and many other companies in the health supplement industry. They follow a sound business model.

Yep, looks like the usual food supplement junk with snazzy marketing.

No worries

Yep, looks like the usual food supplement junk with snazzy marketing.

Agree with that. If you have a normal diet (normal being not a bowl of only plain rice every day) you should be ok on most vitamins and minerals. The only thing you might be lacking is B12. Oh and vegetarians and vegans need to take some extra care. But vitamins in pills? Rediculous!

Reading about this prawn fishing actually sounds fun. Sometime I go out on the sea and catch some prawns at night. But they are mostly tiny. Doing it in bar environment and catching giant ones sounds like a great alternative to just drinking...

• 1 month later...

Don't follow, what's a prawn fishing business, are you talking prawn farming or some sort of come and catch your own prawns, like a fishing park. Jim

Its like some sort of prawn fishing park. Fishing for giant freshwater prawns. There will also be a beer garden, and pretty hostess serving beer. And a football TV projector.

A bump from way back but curious, HolySteel, did you go for the prawn fishing park?