Joe Calzaghe Unifies Titles!

Apologies if this topic has aready been covered.

Did anyone see the fight last night between Joe Calzaghe and Jeff Lacy?

Awesome , the much hyped Yank Lacy (IBF champ Super Mid )was expected to KO the older Calzaghe ( WBO champ) within 5 rounds.

Amercian boxing standards are much higher than in the UK , as the Yanks keep telling us.

Calzaghe wasn't listening. In the best fight I have seen for ten years , the last being when Nigel Benn hammered Gerald MC Clellan into retirement , in a similar clash.

If you get a chance to see this fight , have a look, you won't be disappointed.

Calzaghe is now in the top 10 pound-for-pound fighters and probably the top 3 super-middleweights of all time. I only hope Lacy recovers fully and does not end up the same way Mc Clellan did a decade ago.

Never underestimate your opponent.

Respect to Joe!

:o

Yep it was truly one of the best fights i have seen for a long time. Lacy just had no repsonse to 12 rounds of beatings. I think Calzaghe(sp) won every single round with ease. Lacy just couldnt respond to the south paw of Calzaghe. I was very impressed with the way he stood up kept lacy at distance by putting in the jabs, followed up with some impressivley quick hand work.

I feel that Lacy only had one punch and tha was the right hook, and i only saw him land twice in the entire fight, the rest of the time he was missing with 80% of his punches.And the other 20% just werent effective.

Well done Joe what a great fight :o

Edited by daleyboy

listened to it on the radio - sounded like calzaghe wiped the floor with him.

i'm so pleased, i was always a big fan but a lot of his WBO defences have been <deleted>.

calzaghe has finally shown his class - who's next? RJJ or Tarver at LH or Kessler at SM? Calzaghe wins all of them IMO :o

listened to it on the radio - sounded like calzaghe wiped the floor with him.

i'm so pleased, i was always a big fan but a lot of his WBO defences have been <deleted>.

calzaghe has finally shown his class - who's next? RJJ or Tarver at LH or Kessler at SM? Calzaghe wins all of them IMO :o

He said he wanted Tarver and RJJ....

IMagine what it would have been like with RJJ at his peak; what a pity... but for now I'd say Calzaghe would beat them both unless RJJ can somehow find his form from 10 years ago (which I cannot see happening)_.

yes, you are right. rjj has slipped a lot, in fact there is a case for him never boxing again.

i'd like to see calzaghe fight clinton woods - what a UK showdown that would be...

downloaded and watched the calzaghe fight today, absolutely brilliant stuff! thank god my apartment manager has finally got the broadband sorted out :o