Raspberry Pi To Stream Tv In Thailand?

jay1980

Hi

Is anyone using a Raspberry Pi running XBMC and plug-ins to stream western TV, movies, sport etc?

I have recently got one in the UK and works well, thinking of getting another one for Thailand any feedback if it works OK there? if it does it would make a cost effective TV solution.

cheers

I have OpenElec on my Raspberry Pi but primarily used for watching movies/tv from a local USB hard drive. For internet streaming I've only tried Al Jazeera and Youtube plugins. Youtube streamed fine; Al Jazeera was watchable but had some noticeable buffering delays. So I guess if you can find the plugin you want, then the limitation is your network connection, and in particular the international connection of your ISP. I haven't seen any plugins for Thai TV but seems there is one for BBC iplayer.

thanks for the reply.

I am getting most of my plug in's here:

http://fusion.xbmchub.com

Instuctions to add here:

http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2013/01/02/starting-2013-with-the-best-free-tv-streaming-addons-for-xbmc/

I have not used OpenElec though so not sure if they would be compatable, or how well they would work in Thailand, seems to work OK on a fairly narrow 2mb/sec link though.

cheers

• Like 1

I also run open Elec on me 'old' Raspberry Pi. Status of OpenElec is now RC3 so I wait for the new version and see how that works.

I use it to view my movies on my NAS and sometimes to watch Youtube, but have to admit, Youtube works faster on my PC.