A Most Unusual And As Yet Unexplained Disappearance Of My Thai Wife

keystone

wow...either the longest but oh so familiar con by the wife or the shortest but oh so familiar con by the husband.

anyone taking odds?

how can anyone call a 35 years relationship a con?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow...either the longest but oh so familiar con by the wife or the shortest but oh so familiar con by the husband.

anyone taking odds?

Marriages end at 35 years and usually not happily.

• Like 1

anyone taking odds?

Doesn't make it a con (=fraud, swindle).

anyone taking odds?

With all due respect, are we getting the same thing from the thread? The wife supposedly suddenly disappears completely, having sold the home to a neighbor for cash, and absconds with that cash, leaving the husband without his share and no idea where the wife is.

I think that's what I'm supposed to believe. Of course to a seasoned detective, a man so cheated and deserted and then having no interest in where the money or the wife is would set off major alarm bells. The detective might just wonder if the man already knew where the wife and the money was.

I'm just wondering where the con is.

Just sayin'.

• Like 1

With all due respect, are we getting the same thing from the thread? The wife supposedly suddenly disappears completely, having sold the home to a neighbor for cash, and absconds with that cash, leaving the husband without his share and no idea where the wife is.

I think that's what I'm supposed to believe. Of course to a seasoned detective, a man so cheated and deserted and then having no interest in where the money or the wife is would set off major alarm bells. The detective might just wonder if the man already knew where the wife and the money was.

I'm just wondering where the con is.

Just sayin'.

Yes, there is at least one con on a timeframe of a week, but there is in no way a 35 year con contrary to what hagler's post suggests.

Look, this is one of 2 things.

Either your wife has intentionally left you having arranged to cheat you of your share of the equity in the house in the process, in which case you need a Lawyer experienced in family law.

Or, your wife has met with foul play/been coerced by people who induced her to sign over the house, in which case you need to report it (as you have already done) and hiring a detective would also be a good idea.

You know your wife, we don't, so you are in a better position to know which of these possibilities is most likely.

• Like 1

.been trying to post for half an hour..is someone playing God here.....???

.many missing details....

....age difference......

....general health.....

.....as for 'knowing or not'......you didn't know about the house either..but everyone else (Thais) did....this is how it usually is in Thailand.....

......for whatever reason or reasons...you no longer exists......this is how it is for foreigners in Thailand....no longer needed...you don't exist...

...you should file a suit...maybe in the U.K. too......abandonment.....and theft......

(...I doubt that the Thai authorities give a d*mn considering how many of us have been robbed, murdered at the hands of wives...)

.....this is what they call 'Thai culture'......don't need you..you don't exist....then they go to the Temple and 'everything is okay for them'.......

• Like 2

.been trying to post for half an hour..is someone playing God here.....???

.many missing details....

....age difference......

....general health.....

.....as for 'knowing or not'......you didn't know about the house either..but everyone else (Thais) did....this is how it usually is in Thailand.....

......for whatever reason or reasons...you no longer exists......this is how it is for foreigners in Thailand....no longer needed...you don't exist...

...you should file a suit...maybe in the U.K. too......abandonment.....and theft......

(...I doubt that the Thai authorities give a d*mn considering how many of us have been robbed, murdered at the hands of wives...)

.....this is what they call 'Thai culture'......don't need you..you don't exist....then they go to the Temple and 'everything is okay for them'.......

Hope your murder didn't hurt to much. sad.png

Without wanting to attack the OP, I still must ask, is this a joke?

The OP does not seem to ever had feelings for her. Or mention being worried, or sad, that she is gone. Like Landslide above, I would want to know.

It is almost as if she were a pet, "Just like a normal wife", he says... on a salary...

And there is certainly some theatrics going on here - the OP really wants us involved for some reason... "Again, try to keep up with the postings." he says!

And his annoyance at us is misplaced... "I know more about gambling, especially playing cards in Thailand than you ever will."

<deleted>? He may know gambling, but it is clear that he didn't know his wife...

"Think about it." - OP

---

Anyways, here are what I think are some of the odder quotes from the OP (perhaps the OP's wife got tired of 35 years of his odd logic, condescending tone, and lack of involvement).

And if I am completely wrong, and am insulting the OP, I apologize. But this person posted this very odd topic publicly here (TV), and it sounds so one-sided and vague that I can't blindly accept his side of the story...

From the OP (italics and bold added):

what if she spends all of the house proceeds or even opens a business (it wont last forever) and in the future and makes contact with me asking for money?

if it comes to that will believe that my wife was very bad in that SHE SOLD THE HOUSE WITHOUT TELLING ME, RECEIVED THE WHOLE OF THE PROCEEDS IN CASH AND DISAPPEARED. Would you then expect your wife to receive half of your assets on divorce......think about it.

very unusual as per the subject of this thread and yet to be explained. I believe there is a lot more to this. Something on her part is very very wrong and I don't know as yet what this is.

She seemed happy enough during those 11 years, making new friends within the village, frequent shopping trips, etc. There was nothing strange in her behavour, just like a normal wife

It is like my wife wanted to start a new life and completely forget the past.

The last monthly payment to her was to have been 25 February which I stopped thinking she might call me to say 'where is my money?', but not a word.

Uncomfortable feeling when I was told the following morning after my wife disappeared.

I believe that my wife has been very bad to say the least...

I know more about gambling, especially playing cards in Thailand than you ever will. Again, try to keep up with the postings.

---

Mentioning, Gambling seems to have struck a raw nerve ?

• Like 1

Would appear your neighbor is clearly in on the deal. Why don't you try shaking him up by bringing him to court. If you can find in any way what she has done illegal (sold house, stolen your half of money), he has clearly conspired.

Very very odd indeed.

Did she have lotsof time on her hands? Was she given to gambling in any way? She may have had to sell the house to save her life andcould not bear having to confront you with it.

Could be she just took the cowards way out of a divorce. What is also odd is that selling the house at full price properly and discounting it to a neighbor nets same for her?

Has the sale been registered at the land office or are you being shiwn some bs paperwork? Isit pissible the landoffice is even in on it? Do you have a computer print out of the sale?

Sorry bro.

• 2 months later...

Well,it looks like the truth was given an airing,even though the OP has never been back to confirm the facts!

The OP mentioned he also posts under a different nic.

Possibly he got all the information he sought already.

Strange tale, indeed, me thinks.

• Like 1

I never believed him. If the basic story was true, then I never understood why he had no interest in finding the wife or the money. Those would have been my priorities, and in that order.

But his priorities were in saving what he had left, and the time it would take to get a divorce.

Let's see. Your marriage to a Thai wife who has British citizenship and familiarity, will result in you losing half of your assets and half of your pensions if it ends in divorce. Hmmm.

Now she has left taking none of her clothes but instead an expensive camera, like a burglar or abductor would.

House has been sold for cash, and that cash never (ahem) made it back to where husband was. The neighbors know she sold it. Big deal.

A mention of gambling raised the hackles, and brought a comment to the effect "I know more about gambling than you ever will."

To say the least, this is one of the strangest stories I've ever heard.

• Like 2

very bad things have happened here.

If anyone knows the OP or his wife in real life they should take the opportunity to call the police and make a missing person report as soon as possible. Make sure the report is made too or gets to a senior officer.

reading through this thread again makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

Edited by hagler
  • Like 1

All these TVer Nobodies dont seem to get it!!! (if it's a true story)She sold the ****** house when he was away and ran off with the money, It's a non sympathy position with anyone but the victim.

Still not found her body? whistling.gif

Yeah, can be years, as we see, in other cases.

Advantage, when no family members exist, who could ask questions and agitate the case frequently!

See -KataBeachBum- case-thread Phuket.

• Like 1

It´s all very strange to say the very least

First this:

„I will today be reporting her as missing to the police and file the
necessary report for their record. I will take along to the
station, a copies of marriage cert (Thai/English), blue book (house
now sold), her ID card and British passport, my British passport
together with relevant info, i.e. Retirement extension page.„

Then this:

Wrong. Keep up, I have a COPY of her ID card and British Passport.

I know more about gambling, especially playing cards in Thailand than you ever will.

Again, try to keep up with the postings.

He seems to have become angry when confronted with the passport (either copy or real passport) inconsistency.

If indeed only the copy of her British passport was left behind why did he call the embassy to check if she applied for a new one?

Very strange indeed.

At one point he speaks about a Cousin in Bangna, another time he speaks about a friend in Bangna.

Also if she had no family left why did he say he already visited/met with them after Tommy asked him about it?

First he said he was away when his wife left:

I was away at the time of her disappearance but noticed that she had
taken my video camera (an expensive item).

Then this:

Approximately 3 weeks ago, my wife left the townhouse carrying her shopping bag.

As she didn't return later that day,

Edited by mingalaba

Another weird thing:

I would also say that the same applied to my wife as she very rarely
left the house other than to carry out shopping trips.

The day of my wife's departure seemed like any ordinary day and it wasn't

until later that day I started to get concerned. She has stayed
over at her friends house before but always called to let me know.

So she rarely left the house and still often stayed overnight at a friends house? Very strange... Doesn´t make any sense to me.

Maybe he is interested in this mysterious land that might now belong to the Army? He doesn´t even know if his WIFE sells/owns land? What kind of an marriage is that?

And then this Thai girl he is working with for the past 8 years?

• Like 1

Another weird thing:

I would also say that the same applied to my wife as she very rarelyleft the house other than to carry out shopping trips.

The [/size]day of my wife's departure seemed like any ordinary day and it wasn't[/size]until later that day I started to get concerned. She has stayedover at her friends house before but always called to let me know.

So she rarely left the house and still often stayed overnight at a friends house? Very strange... Doesn´t make any sense to me. Maybe he is interested in this mysterious land that might now belong to the Army? He doesn´t even know if his WIFE sells/owns land? What kind of an marriage is that? And then this Thai girl he is working with for the past 8 years?

He needs a script for writing a book and seeking input ?

• Like 1

Jeez, i hate threads like this. Start off interesting (and this one is in the top ten) and then dies a death with no onward story from the OP.

But, got to agree, one of the strangest stories around at the moment.

She got some serious gambling debts and sold the house quickly to pay back the loan sharks. Loses face with neighbours and with husband so does a disappearing act. Took the camera as she could sell it for cash.

My theory anyway.