A Most Unusual And As Yet Unexplained Disappearance Of My Thai Wife

keystone

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, this is one of 2 things.

Either your wife has intentionally left you having arranged to cheat you of your share of the equity in the house in the process, in which case you need a Lawyer experienced in family law.

Or, your wife has met with foul play/been coerced by people who induced her to sign over the house, in which case you need to report it (as you have already done) and hiring a detective would also be a good idea.

You know your wife, we don't, so you are in a better position to know which of these possibilities is most likely.

It's been a few months. Any developments Keystone?

Sheryl seems sensible. The wife has either been duped and possibly murdered by someone or carefully planned to disappear, sell your house and possibly run off with a Thai husband or boyfriend who may in turn have scammed and/or murdered her and run off with someone else. Personally I would definitely hire a private dick to try to find out what has happened to her. She has probably left traces all over the place.

There should be a standard format sale and purchase agreement at the Land Dept that shows how much the sale was declared at, although the tax is based on the appraised value, not the declared value. The sale to the neighbour at a very cheap price for cash sounds very suspicious. It was probably not really for cash but for a cashier's cheque that was probably banked by the seller leaving a trace.

• 1 month later...

Too bad we don't know the OP's "other name on TV" ...or does someone? Anyone have a friend whose wife and life, matches this story?? It always seemed odd to me, but MORE odd, that the poster disappeared ...obviously to read this only, but not answer, not look like he has signed in. Why would he do that?

Well some are sympathetic, and some believe this is start of a nice thriller novel.

3 things occur to me that have already been said. OP will rent next home and not buy. Good move.

OP take serious close heed of advice at post #36 and #54. Very easy to get a new ID and passport!

• 2 weeks later...

.....women can be extremely devious, sneaky and cold-hearted.

After 25 years of marriage my UK wife planned a divorce for over a year without me knowing, then it was too late.

This could, and does, happen to men all over the world, regardless of their nationality, or of their wifes nationality.

I planned a divorce from my wife in 2 seconds - the moment that, after 7 years, she told me she'd lied & never wanted a family only a career & money.

Thanks to her I am now having the joy of watching my 6 month old daughter scoot around in a walker...

Move on & move up....

Edited by bangkokfanatic

• 2 weeks later...

She got some serious gambling debts and sold the house quickly to pay back the loan sharks. Loses face with neighbours and with husband so does a disappearing act. Took the camera as she could sell it for cash.

My theory anyway.

I'm inclined to agree with you,he certainly spooked when I mentioned Gambling debts,and said "I know more about gambling than you will ever know" directed at me.

She got some serious gambling debts and sold the house quickly to pay back the loan sharks. Loses face with neighbours and with husband so does a disappearing act. Took the camera as she could sell it for cash.

My theory anyway.

After six months of the OP failing to reappear,it's obvious the truth has already been exposed,on this thread,and the OP doesn't have the nerve to argue his way out of the web of deceit,otherwise he would already have attempted to!

NCFC! Imo you are most likely to be correct! nobody sits in the village playing the doting housewife and going shopping once a week,and not having any other interests,probably her interest was Gambling,very common in a boring village! which got out of hand on this occasion,and again probably over a long period.

As the OP has no further interest in this Topic,perhaps the Mods would mark this as:...............................

case //Closed//

Wow, I just read this thread for the fist time, all posts.

This needs some serious investigating. The OP contradicted himself a couple times and was not able to explain. Looks like foul play to me.

Key suspects: the OP for inconsistancies in his stories, the neighbor who could have gotten the house and the money, the wife (but why run with fairly little money instead of taking all?, woman running without some of her things=odd). How much can a village townhouse and a camera get her?)

Then there is her inheritance of land that needs to be looked in.

Finally where is the OP. The whole thing happened close to Hua Hin, no? Is there nobody who knows of the OP and can shed some light on the story?

I think there are thrillers with very similar story lines out there.

OP, If you read this, I am not saying you did anything wrong, other than not explaining clearly some mismatches in your story.

Finally I hope all people involved are well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...