Doi Pui Hmong Lodge To Hang Dong, Aka Andrew's Ridge Ride

BBbUn

Here are some photos from a few days ago, though I rode a different fork on the trail, these photos are still representative of the earlier part of the ride (before my battery went flat).

Hopefully the pictures help some of you get to ride this really fantastic XC trail.

8511861989_48c33c9af4_b.jpg

The Dunkin Donuts - great place to meet to ride.

8512974116_a3ec25d449_b.jpg

On the way up to Doi Pui... the helipad. One of the lower entry points for another ride, the Bamboo Trail is just to the right.

8511863323_c1490be429_b.jpg

The Hmong Village - Chang Kian fork.

Turn right for Doi Pui summit, ranger station, camp ground, coffee shop.

Turn left for Hmong Village, ATV trail, this ride too.

8511863681_2cf52965e6_b.jpg

80 m down from the fork at the switchback. Entry point for "ATV trail". Continue down this road however, for this ride.

8511864153_27954a3ccd_b.jpg

At the end of the road, you arrive here at the touristy Hmong Village. Go straight into the shopping alley pictured keep going.

8512975848_523bd4fa43_b.jpg

Snapshot of the Hmong Village from the beginning of the trail.

8511864915_7ddd884d22_b.jpg

More trail scenery.

8512976740_508c06f182_b.jpg

Oh man, this trail is so sweet...

A little later on, there is a left turn to make. It is quite intuitive, since turning right requires a serious climb, and left invites you into more of this type of pine tree trail.

Enjoy! Kudos to Andrew for showing this route to me.

Edited by BBbUn
  • Like 1

Do you have a GPS track of your route? I went hiking there last week, but instead of going down to Hang Dong, we went up the ridge to Doi Pui summit and returned to Ban Hmong Doi Pui. That loop is probably 80% rideable now, as the forest department has just cleared the trails (as can be seen on your pics). Which route did you go down to Rd. 1269?

Cheers, CM-Expat

Do you have a GPS track of your route? I went hiking there last week, but instead of going down to Hang Dong, we went up the ridge to Doi Pui summit and returned to Ban Hmong Doi Pui. That loop is probably 80% rideable now, as the forest department has just cleared the trails (as can be seen on your pics). Which route did you go down to Rd. 1269?

Cheers, CM-Expat

They didn't 'clear the trails', they made fire breaks.

Thank you, BBbUn, that looks like an epic loop I'd like to try out. Is it well defined all the way down? Hard to ride?

They didn't 'clear the trails', they made fire breaks.

I am aware of that, however, the fire breaks happen to be along existing trails, so they made fire breaks by clearing the vegetation along the trails. Killed two birds with one stone, I suppose.

Cheers, CM-Expat

Thanks for posting and sharing the gps track. I'm thinking of riding it this weekend, probably take a songthaew up to the palace. If anyone wants to join, let me know.

I'd love to join, but I will go on a holiday this weekend. I've planned it for end of March or start of April.

Cheers, CM-Expat

• 1 month later...