Customs Doggies!

TBWG

Hi

Recently the customs at LGW & LHR had a purge on drugs and explosives, this involved dogs sniffing passengers luggage.

My question is are they still doing it? I'd hate them to confiscate the boss ladies dried Tuna and god knows what other smelly food it is she brings back!!

Thanks TBWG :D : :o:D

I have always had the same concern with my bosses food, she wont listen to me when i tell her she can get in a lot of trouble for bringing in this food, very bad smelling fish, and dodgy frogs :o and various other nose burning smells, but we have been lucky to never be stopped.

Wife triple wraps it in cling film and then seals it in a plastic container.

Last time when she arrived at Heathrow the sniffer dogs ran in the opposite direction.... :o

I’ve had the sniffer dogs go over my suitcase full of meat and other savories but not in Heathrow.

I fully expected the dog to react and for me to be asked to open my suitcase. The dog didn’t bat an eyelid.

The handler told me the dogs are trained to react only to the items they are searching for. The dog at that inspection was searching for explosives.

Thanks for all the postings, seems I have nothing to worry about.

Anyway the dogs would need to be b****y hungry to eat some of those Thai sausages the boss lady likes, s'pose a french poodle might be tempted by all that garlic :o

Thanks

TBWG :D:D:D

:D I am not being controversial here, but it is against the law to take things like meat products into the UK. I can remember reading that foot and mouth was probably contributed to by asians bringing goat meat and africans bringing goodness knows what.

I, on the other hand are blameless, only 2k cigs to last me the month. :o

Thanks for all the postings, seems I have nothing to worry about.

Anyway the dogs would need to be b****y hungry to eat some of those Thai sausages the boss lady likes, s'pose a french poodle might be tempted by all that garlic :o

Thanks

TBWG :D:D:D

You are lucky that it is not NZ or Australia you are going to.

They have dogs specifically to sniff out smuggled food.If you are caught you are fined..no exceptions.

:D I am not being controversial here, but it is against the law to take things like meat products into the UK. I can remember reading that foot and mouth was probably contributed to by asians bringing goat meat and africans bringing goodness knows what.

I, on the other hand are blameless, only 2k cigs to last me the month. :o

This is one of the most inaccurate, misleading & racist statements I've heard since "the monkey in a suit" & his bitch tony "the liar" blair decided that Iraqi weapons of mass destruction were poised to destroy the west!!!!!!!

Foot and mouth in the UK & Europe has been attributed to the below standard animal feed very frequently containing bovine remains!

To suggest that foot & mouth was caused by Africans & Asians is simply ignorant & racist and tells us a lot about the poster. :D

Edited by Jaffy

This is one of the most inaccurate, misleading & racist statements I've heard since "the monkey in a suit" & his bitch tony "the liar" blair decided that Iraqi weapons of mass destruction were poised to destroy the west!!!!!!!

Foot and mouth in the UK & Europe has been attributed to the below standard animal feed very frequently containing bovine remains!

To suggest that foot & mouth was caused by Africans & Asians is simply ignorant & racist and tells us a lot about the poster. :o

Not so fast....

The outbreak of F&M Disease in Western Europe during February 2001 was caused by PanAsia strain which emerged initially on the Indian subcontinent in 1990.

The F&M disease virus is extremely resistant in the environment making eradication and control difficult. The virus :

can persist for over 1 year in infected premises

can persist for up to 3 months on clothing, or in feed

can persist for up to 1 month on hair

can survive at least 1 month in frozen bull semen

can survive meat storage - including freezing, pickling, salted meats, dried meats

is resistant to cold

is resistant to most common disinfectants

Infection with F&M virus is usually through eating contaminated food but aerosol spread has also been identified. In the UK the most common sources of infection gaining access to the country are reported to be :

Contaminated meat products fed to pigs as swill- 40%

Transported by birds - 16%

Contaminated meat - not swill - 9%

Unknown - but including aerosol spread from mainland Europe - 28%

I can assure you that I am not racist, nor did I make those allegations. I merely said that I coudl vaguely recall the F+M outbreak being possibly caused by illegal meat imports. I am very sad that someone could think that I was blaming Africans or Asians.

I can assure you that I am not racist, nor did I make those allegations. I merely said that I coudl vaguely recall the F+M outbreak being possibly caused by illegal meat imports. I am very sad that someone could think that I was blaming Africans or Asians.

If jaffy had any <deleted>, he should apologise to you. He did what most people do when they have had the link removed that connected their brain to their fingers..They Assume! :o

Imports and avian (bird) flu

Wednesday 01 March 2006

Following the outbreak of avian flu in a number of non-European Union countries, poultry and poultry products from affected countries can not be imported to the UK and the rest of the European Union.

Poultry can include chicken, duck, goose, turkey and guinea fowl and so on.

Poultry products for human consumption from Asia

Products not for human consumption from several Asian third countries and Turkey

Poultry products from Romania

Poultry products from Croatia

Outbreak of avian flu in EU Member States

Poultry products for human consumption from Asia

Following an outbreak of avian influenza in Thailand and several other third countries in Asia last year, the European Commission suspended imports of poultry, poultry meat products and eggs. Commission Decision 2004/122/EC set out the products included in the ban but this has now been repealed and replaced by Commission Decision 2005/692/EC because of continuing concerns with outbreaks of avian influenza in the affected Asian countries now including Mongolia. Commission Decision 2005/692/EC measures are set out as follows:

Poultry products from Thailand

The particular products suspended for import from Thailand to the European Union (EU) include fresh meat from poultry, ostrich (and other ratites – a type of flightless bird) and farmed and wild feathered game, and preparations and products containing meat from these species, and eggs for human consumption.

However products obtained from birds slaughtered before 1 January 2004 and accompanied by an official certificate are permitted, as well as meat products consisting of or containing meat from poultry, ratites and game if it has been heat treated to at least 70°C.

Poultry products from China....and more reading..... :o

http://www.foodstandards.gov.uk/

Imports and avian (bird) flu

Wednesday 01 March 2006

Following the outbreak of avian flu in a number of non-European Union countries, poultry and poultry products from affected countries can not be imported to the UK and the rest of the European Union.

The particular products suspended for import from Thailand to the European Union (EU) include fresh meat from poultry, ostrich (and other ratites – a type of flightless bird) and farmed and wild feathered game,

Oh Dear

Bang goe's my Ostrich rissoto :o

TBWG