North East No Rain For A Long Time

retell

hi there how do i get the government to get those rainmaking planes above the north east of thailand

there has been no rain here for along time ,about 6 months and it doesnt look like it is falling anytime soon

i know it is not a commercial profitable area here only people

but we would like to have our crops grow

Dryer than the OZ outback here, hot as hell and not a cloud in the sky.

We usually get a bit of local rain here, mountains and jungle condensing any moisture in the cooler air. No moisture in the air at all, never seen it so dry. Jim

yep so dry that even the pine-apples need watering not a drop of condense in the morning sometimes it looks like were gonna get rain but i think thats just smoke from sugarcanefields burning

Edited by retell

there are three 'rainmaking' planes here in Chanthaburi, parked up at the naval/coastguard airstrip I presume waiting for whatever the right conditions may be

Yesterday I was up in the ranges, the border between here/Cambodia I expected it to be a lot greener as we often see clouds pass over and 'head for the hills' but it is just like here, dry and dusty.

That's where many of our rivers come from, nothing at the source.

This pic about 1km over the border.

Eat my dust!!

tumblr_miwrwfaf8q1r93joro3_1280.jpg

there are three 'rainmaking' planes here in Chanthaburi, parked up at the naval/coastguard airstrip I presume waiting for whatever the right conditions may be

Yesterday I was up in the ranges, the border between here/Cambodia I expected it to be a lot greener as we often see clouds pass over and 'head for the hills' but it is just like here, dry and dusty.

That's where many of our rivers come from, nothing at the source.

This pic about 1km over the border.

Eat my dust!!

tumblr_miwrwfaf8q1r93joro3_1280.jpg

yep up here the same view maybe even a bit more yellow

As my wife use to say when I complain about something "What can we do?" I have lived here for 20 years and know about dry season and rainseason,no surprises.Yes,I would like to arrange the climat to be different,but it is out of my ability,so I have learned to accept it.If I had not,I would been out of here a long time ago....

Get your pumps out. I have put out about 300,000 baht just for pumps and wells this year.....so far. It's not done yet. Not including the cost of diesel or a man on each one.

It's expensive, but the cost of not pumping will be higher for me.

D

30 kms east of Ban Dung

Saturday HOT HOT HOT, 39C but feels muggy, clouds hovering about for the last two days but no rain.

Untill 5:00PM Sat afternoon, BIG black cloud approaches, and the wind starts blowing hard enough to knock trees down and send shacks flying, followed by torrential rain for about 1 hour.

I hate these cloudburst storms kicked up by the heat, but today it's cloudy and nice and cool and no severe damage done

I live in Khampaeng Phet province by the Mae Wong national park.

The nearest weather station is in KPP and according to them we have had 8mm of rain this year which is about right. That was in 2 days.

Over the 30 years average it should be 14.8 mm and 3 days. I think it is going to be a long hot dry summer this year.

Satellite rain map - says it updates every 30min

Yesterday I'd have put money on it raining. Fortunately no one to gamble with - blew over, as it so often does

Similar today though this time some distant thunder in the hills.

forecast : calm, high 34 low 26 thunder storm, 30% precipitation coverage

Chantaburi north Amphur Soi Dao, Thursday, Friday, Saturday as hot as it gets, irrigated Thurs Fri couldn't get the pump going Saturday, fixed it, irrigated the last orchard this morning (Sunday) as I turned the pump off it poured for half an hour, and has been pittering and pattering since. Seen the planes many times, never seen rain afterwards.

Rain off and on for last day and a half here in Nong Bua Lamphu. Bloody cold too.

Yes, we had a shower Saturday morning, then rain Saturday evening and all night. Showery Sunday.

Just cloudy and threatening today (Monday)

Not so far from you (as the crow flies), we are 25 Km north of Khon Kaen

Rain off and on for last day and a half here in Nong Bua Lamphu. Bloody cold too.

Yes, we had a shower Saturday morning, then rain Saturday evening and all night. Showery Sunday.

Just cloudy and threatening today (Monday)

Not so far from you (as the crow flies), we are 25 Km north of Khon Kaen

now today and yesterday pretty windy and cloudy but still dry so hopefully there will be some rain soon ( in between Mukdahan and Dontan ) 7 km from thai laos border

yahoo there was rain today ( mukdahan about 15 minutes not heavy rain ) but at least that was the first drops since long time , now the sky still grey and hopefully the big one tonight