Visa Assistance Greatly Appreciated!

Hello

First of all thanks to everyone who created the pinned topics and information here - it's very useful!! But despite this I am still a little confused about where and what type of visa I should be applying for in a couple of weeks when the current one is over.. Perhaps some of you can help me??

I have previously had the following visas (date order):

15 day (visa on arrival by land)

- 02/10/10 - 11/10/10 1/12/10

- 17/12/10 (overstayed by 2 days stupidly and got the overstay stamp but doesn't seem to have caused any problem)

30 day (visa on arrival by air)

- 26/1/11 - 22/2/11

- 23/2/11-22/3/11

Issued Visas

- 23/3/11 - 60 day single entry tourist visa- Penang, Malaysia

- 15/9/11 - 1 year Non-B visa - Hull, UK

- 11/12/12 - 60 day single entry tourist visa, Penang, Malaysia + extension 30 days (7/2/13-11/2/13) at Krabi Immigration *current*

So essentially what I would like to know is whether is is likely/possible to get another 3 month tourist visa in Penang without raising any issues, whether I should approach another consulate, or if I should apply for a different visa type (if there is one?). Ideally I would like to stay in Thailand until the beginning of July when I would return to the UK to see family, then I would like to arrange for a new (longer 1 year??? possible???) visa when in the UK.

I am not married, not of retirement age, not working in Thailand and am from the UK... Please let me know if I need to provide any more information to get more accurate help...

Thank you in advance :)

Phoebe

My experience in Penang is they let me have three tourist visas. On my fourth attempt they would only grant me a fifteen day transit visa. They did refund my aplication fee, though, I can't remember if they deducted a small amount of money for the cost of a transit visa or just gave me back all the money. This was four or five years ago by the way. I seem to remember that three was the magic number of tourist visas they would give anyone though. If you want to go to Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur or Kota Baru (not sure about the types of visas they can issue I just know some people go there) would be a good option if you are concerned about taking a trip to Penang for nothing.

I think the best value for a longer stay would be going to Laos and getting a 2X entry tourist visa. Plenty of posts here on Thaivisa for more information.