Friend From England Visiting Nakhon Sawan City.

nigelnuch

My friend from England will be staying in a Nakhon Sawan city centre hotel for 5 nights can anyone recommend any good eating and drinking places at night for him to visit during his 5 night stay, also any places of interest for him to visit while he is there? Thank you Nigel,

Just out if couriosity, if he is your friend, why are you sticking him in a city hotel in Muang Nakhon Sawan for 5 days/nights by himself/herself? How old is he/sha? Whwt are his/her interests? Aren't you going to be his travel guide since he/she is your friend? Get a grip!

Just out if couriosity, if he is your friend, why are you sticking him in a city hotel in Muang Nakhon Sawan for 5 days/nights by himself/herself? How old is he/sha? Whwt are his/her interests? Aren't you going to be his travel guide since he/she is your friend? Get a grip!

49 years old. He only lives in 4 star and above hotels with swimming pools, he likes good food(western & eastern) the same applies to his women and a good drink of alcohol washed down with good music of any kind. As to the question about travel guide I live 120 KMS past Nakhon Sawan my knowledge of the night life is very limited so information rather than questions would be more helpful please. P.S. yes i will be with him during his visit of cause.P.P.S. try using your spell checker when posting non constructive answer.

Sorry. not trying to be a shit! I live 100 kilometers to the southeast. Just wondering why someone would be stuck in Nakhon Sawan for 5 days. Not much to do or see. Some good restaurants and I guess from hullapullo's post a night out but I hope that you get more info. There are some clubs around Sawan Lake with ladies available if that is what he wants.

Sorry. not trying to be a shit! I live 100 kilometers to the southeast. Just wondering why someone would be stuck in Nakhon Sawan for 5 days. Not much to do or see. Some good restaurants and I guess from hullapullo's post a night out but I hope that you get more info. There are some clubs around Sawan Lake with ladies available if that is what he wants.

There is an aquarium there and according to a pal you can swim with the large fish but that would be a day time thing.

H/Pullo 'who lives there' idea of a good night out being a sex show !!! I bet that would go down well with your chum's Mr's. To my knowledge there are no western restaurant's except I am led to believe a so called German one that get's all it's supplies from Makro I'll leave that up to you to ponder on if you want to try it. As other's have said there are some place's around the lake there is also restaurant's roof type at some of the so called better hotel's. You could of course visit Big C (2) or the new Tesco hour's of fun.

But all in all I have to agree with Wayned 1 night is 1 night to many,

Ah now's here's a thought spot the traffic, if you look at any map you will see that N/S is built around an intersection of several very large road's coming from all direction and they are impossible to cross on foot I wont go into the smoke/fume's bit I'll let you find out that for yourself.

I can only hope you have a good time best of luck.

• Like 1

If staying at Bonito Chinos, there is a roof restaurant that might be worth a visit, SI PING along the river heading up stream on the way to Wat Si Neah is good for fish and by the riverside is a nice location. There are boats on the river to eat but most of these are 2 kms west of the main bridge, so taxi both ways. San Savoy on the hospital side of the park is usually pretty good too and I am sure there are plenty more to have a go at.

Things to do well, Observation Tower, the Aquarium, Bung Borapet I understand you can arrange a boat trip but dont know how, a local taxi could take you BP and find out if he knows whlist out there you can do the crocs and they are free but again hire a taxi for the day, 5 days is a bit of a push though, NS is no Pattaya!

Interested to know which hotel he has booked into with a swimming pool though so please tell us.

H/Pullo 'who lives there' idea of a good night out being a sex show !!!

Hahaa, yes for tonight because I have never seen any in Nakhon Sawan smile.png And I've been told here forum to relax more on posts...but ok, I'll be back in my seriuos mood.

H/Pullo 'who lives there' idea of a good night out being a sex show !!!

Hahaa, yes for tonight because I have never seen any in Nakhon Sawan smile.png And I've been told here forum to relax more on posts...but ok, I'll be back in my seriuos mood.

H.M loved your idea of a night out at last something to do in N/S.

Oh how I would love to be there tonight, no H/M has not lost the plot still stuck in Blighty and even N/S seems now like a bit of heaven.

A happy new year to you all, that bit I wont miss.

H/M

K.P.PHET.

W/H.CITY.

If staying at Bonito Chinos, there is a roof restaurant that might be worth a visit, SI PING along the river heading up stream on the way to Wat Si Neah is good for fish and by the riverside is a nice location. There are boats on the river to eat but most of these are 2 kms west of the main bridge, so taxi both ways. San Savoy on the hospital side of the park is usually pretty good too and I am sure there are plenty more to have a go at.

Things to do well, Observation Tower, the Aquarium, Bung Borapet I understand you can arrange a boat trip but dont know how, a local taxi could take you BP and find out if he knows whlist out there you can do the crocs and they are free but again hire a taxi for the day, 5 days is a bit of a push though, NS is no Pattaya!

Interested to know which hotel he has booked into with a swimming pool though so please tell us.

He tells me that he has booked into the Aramis hotel.

Aramis is in the middle of the local business district, when the lights go out, the streets are rolled up! On Sawanvitee rd, one way it's a short trek to the Big C mall, the other way a longer trek to Fairlyland. Not much to see or do, but that can be said about most anyplace in NS unless you are with someone that has transportation and knows the place.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I went to NS a few weeks ago to buy a 43" Plasma for my GF. We went to the movies and I was hoping to see Die Hard but we watch a home brew film about a bunch kids getting stranded in India. Interesting film and very patrotic in the end. Never found out if the kids got back to Thailand!

One observation I noted was that the ladies of NS are very nice! Very smiley towards me and had to watch myself in front of the GF!

Moon Beautiful Restaurant is cheerful with music, reasonable food and a big screen ( a bit grainy) for sport. On the left as you head down by the park. Thai & English music.

Bung Boraphet - as said by others. You can take a boat ride around the lake too. A good boatman will get you in close to the birds and smaller islands.

Bat Mountain to watch the millions of bats coming out of the mountain at abt 6 p.m. Feed the monkeys too.

Food and music in the Collection pub at the Pimarn Hotel. English / Thai music. There is a Thai music bar further round the corner at the Pimarn - also very popular with the Thai women.

Further down from the Moon Beautiful is a bar with decent Thai Rock music. Very popular place.

I have forgotten many places, but there are some :)

• 2 months later...

Aramis is in the middle of the local business district, when the lights go out, the streets are rolled up! On Sawanvitee rd, one way it's a short trek to the Big C mall, the other way a longer trek to Fairlyland. Not much to see or do, but that can be said about most anyplace in NS unless you are with someone that has transportation and knows the place.

Have driven past the place a few times recently, what was previously confusing me was that the various maps I looked at showed it on the other side of Sawanvitee.

Looks very impressive, and not too far from what passes for nightlife here, also in the Soi I spotted what appeared to be a few interesting looking coffee'n'cake places. Must stop being such an idle git and try them.

Nigel the OP never told us how his mate got on, I would be interested to hear.

• 1 month later...

Have driven past the place a few times recently, what was previously confusing me was that the various maps I looked at showed it on the other side of Sawanvitee.

Looks very impressive, and not too far from what passes for nightlife here, also in the Soi I spotted what appeared to be a few interesting looking coffee'n'cake places. Must stop being such an idle git and try them.

Hi Rott he arrives fri 26th july so we will be out on the town saturday night and sunday, I will let you know how it went later ok.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend stayed for three nights we all stayed at the Aramis Hotel, the rooms where very nice and the staff where all friendly and helpful. We had a couple of good nights out on the park side road good music and plenty to drink. On the last night before we drove him back to Pattaya we tried the steak house just past the hotel on the opposite side of the road, it was very clean the menu was in English and Thai it had plenty of different choices of imported beef along with fresh made pizza. I was really looking forward to my steak and then it arrived the chips made MacDonald fries look like chunky chips, the veg was sweetcorn and the so called imported beef steak was born and bread in Thailand and it would of been easier chewing the leather sole of my shoe. As for the pizza i can not comment because we all had steak and they were all local beef not imported. He said he enjoyed Nakhon Sawan and he will come again this year when he returns to Thailand later.

Made a post in another thread about NS and just saw this one.

How did things go Nigel?

• 2 weeks later...

Nigel, it just shows that you can enjoy yourself anywhere if you drink enough!!

Pity about the steak caff, can't just bring it to mind but will definitely avoid it.....If you carry on to the end of that Soi (to the park/lake) and turn right, at about the third bend in the road you come to "V Steak", excellent place and the owner speaks very good English. Couldn't recommend it before as i have only just tried it.