Yamaha Dealer In Pattaya - Deep Discounts

cigar7

Two types of red plate, one is just a red plate for show, the other red plate, a real one, has an embossed stamp on it and comes with a log book, the plate and the log book needs to be returned to the dealer when you get the white plates.

With a real red plate and logbook there is no restrictions about driving after dark or outside the province of issue.

I think that the "red plates for show" are in fact just fake plates and as such have no validity at all. As far as I know you can get fined when using them as they are no better than having no plates, though people often pass the fine on to the dealer who provided the fake plates in the first place. (All this for cars.)

I was specifically told by my car dealer that driving with my real red plates and red plate log book after dusk outside of Chonburi would probably get me a small fine and that I shouldn't do it. A policeman also told me the same thing though he didnt actually fine me even though he had just caught me doing it! They certainly dont seem to be very interested in plates as long as you have a tax disk.

Two types of red plate, one is just a red plate for show, the other red plate, a real one, has an embossed stamp on it and comes with a log book, the plate and the log book needs to be returned to the dealer when you get the white plates.

With a real red plate and logbook there is no restrictions about driving after dark or outside the province of issue.

I think that the "red plates for show" are in fact just fake plates and as such have no validity at all. As far as I know you can get fined when using them as they are no better than having no plates, though people often pass the fine on to the dealer who provided the fake plates in the first place. (All this for cars.)

I was specifically told by my car dealer that driving with my real red plates and red plate log book after dusk outside of Chonburi would probably get me a small fine and that I shouldn't do it. A policeman also told me the same thing though he didnt actually fine me even though he had just caught me doing it! They certainly dont seem to be very interested in plates as long as you have a tax disk.

I thought the police department actually was ordered to be lenient on "red plate" offenses because of the massive white plate backlog.

I thought the police department actually was ordered to be lenient on "red plate" offenses because of the massive white plate backlog.

Indeed. I mentioned that higher up this page. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/622789-yamaha-dealer-in-pattaya-deep-discounts/page-2#entry6164756

Though I think that this is more to do with not having the plates at all (or having fake ones) rather than using them at night.

• 3 months later...

I found a used Yamaha SX with 10k for 47k asking price from 2nd hand shop. A new one would be 58k. He said he got the bike from a finance company in Bangkok. The bike has no plate on it now.

How should the purchase transaction be conducted? The dealer told me he needs a document from immigration stating my address. When should I pay the cash?