Non O Visa And Passport Validity For Reentry

Hi everybody,

I have to leave Thailand for emergency reasons on the 11th. I'll be back on April 2nd. My passport expires July 13th and my O visa in may. On April 2nd, my passport will not be valid for 6 month, nor 4 month when I will arrive in Suwarnabumi. Will I have problems?

Thanks for information. Somebody must have been in the same situation.

Thailand does not require passport to be valid six months - but make sure the country you are traveling to does not require. You have a multi entry visa or will obtain a re-entry permit prior to leaving?

You do need passport valid for the length of your stay which is 90 days if you have a multiple entry visa.

If you are going to your home country why don't you get a new passport while you are there.

You do need passport valid for the length of your stay which is 90 days if you have a multiple entry visa.

If you are going to your home country why don't you get a new passport while you are there.

A new passport would have been the alternate solution, but I would have to transfer the visa in a Thai consulate, and there isn't one near the place I'm going to.