Visa And Work Pemit End On Diferent Dates

I'm currently teaching in North East Thailand, my work permit end on the 15h of March as does my contract.

For some reason my extension of stay expires on the 31st March.

I do not wish to work at this school next year and will probably return to the UK in April.

My Boss is very slow at making any decisions, he wants all foreign teachers to stay at the school until the 31st of March - even though our contracts end on the 15th.

I want to get a tourist visa and stay until the 22nd April.

Here are my questions ;

1. If I work until the 31st will I be breaking the terms of my work permit?

2. How do I get a tourist visa? I'm assuming I will have to leave the country, but the boos inferred that the immigration division could give me a Tourist visa if I go there before the Non-Imm type B expires.

3. Am I in my rights to demand 2 weeks pay on the 15th and leave the school?

Thanks in advance smile.png

1. If the work permit only allow work until the 15th you would. But it is not likely to be an issue. More of an issue will be staying longer than your pay check as at the end of paid employment your extension needs to be canceled.

2. You will have to exit Thailand and remain overnight to obtain at a Consulate outside Thailand.

3. Have no idea what your contact allows.

Aren't you marreid to a Thai citizen? If you have a Thai spouse oo child with Thai nationality, you can get a 60 day extension based on that.

I am but she is here on a non-Imm type O , loads of hassle getting her Thai Passport/ID card renewed - another story smile.png

You are in the situation that your contract and permisison to stay are not in sync. Your WP ends automatically on the 15th, but it seems you need to cancel your permission to stay at immigration with a letter from the school, confirming your last day of work in the letter.