Is It Possible To Buy Amazon Kindle On The Island?

Hello,

Do some shops sell "Amazon Kindle"? There are two models. For those who don't know, it is an "electronic reader", like the iPad but specialized for reading books.

Otherwise I'll try to buy online (where?)

Thank you!

If you ever go to Bangkok, The B2S at Central World (at Rajaprasong, skytrain station Chitlom) sells several models . The cheapest is the Kindle 4 starting at ~5490B.

Within Thailand you can buy it cheaper online at 3790B at this site http://www.ereaderthailand.com/ (all kinds of e -readers including Kindles),

but there's no English so it's hard to navigate.

Also at 2nd floor at Panthip Plaza a shop sell several kind of Kindle.

I had before an electronic ink Nook by Barnes & Noble. Sold and I use now an Ipad.

With the Nook I can read one/two hours non stop, now with the Ipad no more than 30/60 minutes, after that my eyes start to be tired.

I had before an electronic ink Nook by Barnes & Noble. Sold and I use now an Ipad.

With the Nook I can read one/two hours non stop, now with the Ipad no more than 30/60 minutes, after that my eyes start to be tired.

Good point Angiud. The Kindles and other e readers have much better quality ink/screen combination. You can read as if it were a book. With the ipads etc - it is still like reading a computer screen. Not the same at all.

Good point Angiud. The Kindles and other e readers have much better quality ink/screen combination. You can read as if it were a book. With the ipads etc - it is still like reading a computer screen. Not the same at all.

Correct, they use liquid ink (?) so it appears same as a newspaper and there is no reflection, its so light you can hold it with 2 fingers, and you get your own kindle email account too......

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought mine in the UK used for £45, 4th Gen Kindle (wifi, no 3G, touch or Fire) ~1900 baht. Lots of them for sale for around £40-50 on gumtree & eBay and similarly priced in other European countries by the looks of it. Mine was in perfect shape & included a faux leather cover (no light though). If you know someone coming over from Europe anytime soon, it's probably worth the trouble to ask them buy one for you. Having one sent from Europe would probably not be worth it, though I have no idea how much the shipping costs would be. I've had too many items lost in mail (including a debit card) to trust anything short of über-expensive DHL airmail.