Want To Buy Sea View Pattaya Condo....but Will It Fall Apart?

rick99

I hope somebody can help me out here. I just sold my house in the south and want to relocate to a nice sea view condo. My worry, and why I did not look at condos before, is maintenance of buildings. I have seen condo buildings simply looking like crap several years after people buy. So my question is this. Can anybody recommend a really good existing building? I want a good sized unit (big) and one with a really great sea view (my house was beach front....I just love to read and look at the sea...and exercise). I can spend 10 million or more, but I do not want one that is not maintained to keep its value. Thanks for any suggestions.

Wherever you choose, rent for a while before you buy. Get to know the long-term residents and find out how the building governance is working.

I so totally agree with this excellent advice,

perhaps you can also carve out a rent-to-buy contract

Edited by poanoi

Yes, there are some condos out there runned by decent companies. Just do your homework. Another (big) factor is to make sure there are no empty parcels of land next door; for, you can predict another building will mushroom up next door the next few years. You do not want it to block your view (Skybeach condo as an example- good view until the new condo next door is completed). North Point is a good suggestion, and away from the rift-raft.

Ok, Thank you so much for the great advice. It took a long time to sell the beach front house, and it was a beauty.....also had to drop my price....a lot.

I am happy to hear about the specific buildings you mention, and welcome more suggestions. I started out four years ago with the intent to purchase a condo, but after seeing several buildings that had fallen apart I decided on a house. However, once again looking for foreign freehold. I have heard that Pattaya is overbuilding, and that prices have remained pretty steady. Is this true of all condo prices, or more toward a particular price range?

Again, thanks, and all advice gratefully received.