So Confused, What Do I Do?

Hi

I got a Multi entry non imm type "O" visa from Hull in the UK on 31st March 2005.

I have been doing visa runs to Nong Khai for this past year.

I have just started work in BKK and got my work permit today. I have a 12 month work contract and can prove my income

The work permit expires on the 22nd March 2006, the same date that my next visa run i due.

what i would like to do is get to the situation where i report my address to immigration without the 3 monthly visa runs.

What is the best course of action for me? i find this whole subject so mindbending!

please dont send me to the search button, i am short of time these days!!

As far as I know.. if your earnings are bt40,000 per month or more and you are married to a thai, you can just go and get a one year extension on your current visa...

If you are not married, the company has to meet certain requirements before you can get the extension. If they don't you go somewhere outside Thailand (penang ?) and get a multi b visa, but you will have to visa run every 90 days

I think this is correct.. maybe lop3 or someone can confirm

totster :o

OK, assuming your salary is sufficient (50k I believe) you ought to be able to extend your stay based upon employment (for 12 months), you then extend the work permit to match your new 'permitted to remain' date.

Your employer should be able to do this for you as they need to supply a stack of paper to keep the immigration people happy.

If you're not earning enough for a 12 month extension you should be able to get a multi-b from Penang. Others have done it recently, hopefully they will be able to give you the lowdown.

You need to go to immigration with your work permit, company paper work and request a one year extension of stay. You can do yourself but if your time is valuable one of the services would probably be worth the expense as there are a number of forms to fill out and papers to gather. Sunbelt advertise here and there are always a number in the Bangkok Post classified section.