Valentines Day - Feb 14

george

I wanted to go to Samet but the girl I've been seeing for the past month could only get saturday off work. She brought me two metre long roses which looked like they cost a fortune, so I took her to a clothes shop and asked her to find something she liked. She found this nice top but refused to let me pay for it as she wanted a necklace also that went with it, so after insisting, she paid for the items herself and we went to the cinema which I paid for though she paid for the popcorn, and then we went to Oishi in Thong Lo where I stuffed myself with endless slabs of raw salmon, quails eggs and japanese beef, washed down with green tea - lovely. I footed the bill for that.

After, we went back to my place... I got some beer and she insisted on paying for the taxi.

Then we watched the discovery channel and had a cuddle.

That was my Valentines day, and although I'm not in love, I'm very fond of her and it was nice to not be alone this year. :o

Incedentally, I've been out with several girls over the past couple of years, including one or two bargirls, that do have this over independent streak and insist on paying their own way... What the ######'s all that about?

She's only a waitress by the way, she can't earn that much. Ok, It's nice for a cautious guy like me who's on a low teaching wage but are these girls trying to disprove the untrue theory that all Thai girls are after a farang man's money?

P.S. Anyone been to an Oishi buffet? Best eating experience I've ever had here, if you haven't you must, oooh you don't know what you're missing!

George queried ....

> "How are you gonna celebrate it in Thailand?"

I was not in Thailand on the 14th, but I did treat my Thai GF for some shopping in the afternoon. During lunch, she surprised me by presenting me with a sweet and thoughtful valentine gift. Later that night we sat down for a delicious ahaan-thai dinner, where I presented her with small gift of thai gold jewelry and surprised her with a beautiful engagement ring and a promise of lifelong love and caring. Needless to say, it was a very special day for both of us and I'm hoping just the dawn of a whole new life together.

Spee