Uk Bought Ipad

Riverman63

Hi, I'm new here. Have been lurking for a couple of months. I live in Wales, UK and have a Thai girlfriend who lives here too. Gf daughter is coming here for a few months and would like an iPad/mini.

When she returns to Thailand will she be able to use the UK registered Apple ID there without problem?

Cheers

You asked a direct question, so here is a direct answer.

She will be able to use any Apps she has already downloaded, but she will not be able to buy new apps using a UK Apple ID and she will not be able to update Apps she has already bought.

Most people, simply setup a Apple ID for Thailand and another for the UK, you can use the Itunes windows applications to merge the contents and purchases of the account together.

She will be able to use any Apps she has already downloaded, but she will not be able to buy new apps using a UK Apple ID and she will not be able to update Apps she has already bought.

Most people, simply setup a Apple ID for Thailand and another for the UK, you can use the Itunes windows applications to merge the contents and purchases of the account together.

That is not true. If she sets up a UK account, she will be able to update or buy apps here in Thailand on the UK account. I have a USA and a Thai account. I can switch between the two, but my iPad is usually always set up for my USA account as is my iPod Touch and my Mac Book Pro and I update the apps all the time. But according to Apple for an iTunes account you must have an address and a bank card in the country your account is in. There are some threads on here about how to get around that, but I have no need to as I have all that is required in both countries.

• Like 1

That is not true. If she sets up a UK account, she will be able to update or buy apps here in Thailand on the UK account. I have a USA and a Thai account. I can switch between the two, but my iPad is usually always set up for my USA account as is my iPod Touch and my Mac Book Pro and I update the apps all the time. But according to Apple for an iTunes account you must have an address and a bank card in the country your account is in. There are some threads on here about how to get around that, but I have no need to as I have all that is required in both countries.

Correct, I use mine with a Thai account with a Thai credit card linked so that I can buy apps, and also UK and USA accounts without cards attached, just so I can get the few country specific apps that I want, but aren't in the Thai store. All works together just fine...