Russian Tourist Murdered At Pattaya Hotel

webfact

'Considering that someone died and a few of you are bickering like school girls, it does make you look silly, about as silly as seeing grandfatherly westerners strolling the boardwalk in tourist police uniforms.'

Well, I don't think grandfatherly westerners strolling the boardwalk in tourist police uniforms look silly, and I commend them. I have spoken to some, and my day has been enriched thereby.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another 'tourist' finding his demise in sin city. I guess it makes headlines... Lucky I suppose one of the bar fly's did not end up the same way. Who knows what went down, it's all speculation - could simply be he didn't pay for a girl and she returned with her Thai pimp/boyfriend who exacted revenge. Was there no balcony?

one thing in the OP i find little strange is that he was bleeding from eyes, strangled people do not bleed from eyes

Wrong. If you are not up to speed with what you are talking about then a quick google search will surfice and you will learn that bloodshot eyes [ subconjunctival hemorrhages ] is one of the main syptoms of strangulation.

blood shot eyes not bleeding from the eyes. I guess you missed that class at special investigation school.

Thank you for the information, Quincy.

Fact is the guy was murdered and is all that is relevant in this case.

Pattaya is definitely a place to keep a low profile and to tread carefully. I believe that travel agents and tourist advisory services should give out warnings regarding how dangerous Pattaya is.

My advice is; stay clear of the place, you may live longer.

• Like 1

Pattaya is definitely a place to keep a low profile and to tread carefully. I believe that travel agents and tourist advisory services should give out warnings regarding how dangerous Pattaya is.

Why oh why you always like to post rubbish?rolleyes.gif

Why is Pattaya definitely a place to keep low profile? or tread carefully?

How is Pattaya any different to any other place on earth?

Yes a man was murdered, one resident expert proclaimed it had to be Russian who killed him because in his professional opinion and experience gained on Thai Visa, the murder did not fit into local MO- total and utter rubbish, which later he himself kind of confirmed by posting additional information

My point was and still is, bleeding from the eyes and ears is rather strange when someone is strangled, especially when the blood keeps coming out 10 hours after death, which indicates to anyone with any common sense that there possibly was another trauma, a blow to the head or whatever else.

Of course it could also be bad reporting, but even bad reporting does not arrive an conclusion that it was not a local MO.

Russian MO is a shot to the head, local MO is being strangled as there has been endless deaths of locals reported caused by strangulation in all sorts of shapes and forms

For all you know it may have been a case of asphyxiophilia which went wrongwhistling.gif

I am assuming this happened in Sutus Court. Because unlike the experts on here speculating I am staying here. For hours they sealed the area off and a team of Police with masks, gloves and other CSI like devices where here and an ambulance was here for a very long time. The wing the body was in can be accessed from Soi Lengkee without reception knowing quite easily. So I saw a team of professional looking investigators, Police, medical crew and whatever and some concerned looking staff. But of course to some wannabees on here everyone has screwed the pooch. The lady on the front desk is painfully efficient and I doubt the wind can get past without her knowing what room it is heading but that wing used to be part of Opey De Place but there are a lot of CCTV cameras about. So let the Police do what they can without sniping at all concerned.

What a great idea if the Mods pinned this post.

Then next time (and there will certainly be a next time) we get an ignorant post along the lines of "the entire Thai police force is not capable of/interested in investigating anything", the poster can be pointed in the right direction, and a request made for their grovelling apology. thumbsup.gif

Edited by jackspratt

Thai new paper report a little extra info that the OP ommits.

e.g Mr Komarov is a manager of an architect firm. In the room where the crime took place a soft drink bottle was found smashed, on the victims bed were lying several comdoms and collected as evidence. Some blood was found on the bed and pillows. Whilst the victim's moblie phone, credit cards and travel documentation where all found inside the room, the victims wallet was missing and no cash was found [standard procedure].

The staff at the hotel described Mr. Komarov as a man that goes out doing the usual Pattaya thing. Gets drunk and brings Thai female company back to his room. The staff also state that they have observed Mr Komarov. Outside of this the victim was also observed with both Thai and Forieners in his room during his stay.

Police believe the assailant to be a large individual at least as big as the victim. They have narrowed the motive for murder down to 3 possiblities. 1 : Fight/ argument with another party. 2 : robbery and 3 : Doing somebody's g/f.

Well if we are in the speculating frenzie here's my 2 p

I go for option 3. He did some other Russian's girl. w00t.gif

Edited by ikbenhet

Thai new paper report a little extra info that the OP ommits.

e.g Mr Komarov is a manager of an architect firm. In the room where the crime took place a soft drink bottle was found smashed, on the victims bed were lying several comdoms and collected as evidence. Some blood was found on the bed and pillows. Whilst the victim's moblie phone, credit cards and travel documentation where all found inside the room, the victims wallet was missing and no cash was found [standard procedure].

The staff at the hotel described Mr. Komarov as a man that goes out doing the usual Pattaya thing. Gets drunk and brings Thai female company back to his room. The staff also state that they have observed Mr Komarov. Outside of this the victim was also observed with both Thai and Forieners in his room during his stay.

Police believe the assailant to be a large individual at least as big as the victim. They have narrowed the motive for murder down to 3 possiblities. 1 : Fight/ argument with another party. 2 : robbery and 3 : Doing somebody's g/f.

Well if we are in the speculating frenzie here's my 2 p

I go for option 3. He did some other Russian's girl. w00t.gif

There is also option 4, the ladyboy or a couple of them, but hotel camera's should be able to shed some light who the "guests" were

I can see some stupid comments here from people again who think to know all Thailand than any others here ...... bla bla bla ....

This tourist has been murdered RIP , just because he is Russian I can read some stupid hypothetical answers , what a shame to be born Russian apparently for many of you, well I remember before the Russian , were the Brits , the Germans and other western European with same issues in Pattaya. Remove all Russians from Pattaya and it will be a dead city.

At last, someone starts saying something sensible. Pattaya as a dead city sounds great to me. More undead females to go around...

Yes a man was murdered, one resident expert proclaimed it had to be Russian who killed him because in his professional opinion and experience gained on Thai Visa, the murder did not fit into local MO- total and utter rubbish, which later he himself kind of confirmed by posting additional information

My point was and still is, bleeding from the eyes and ears is rather strange when someone is strangled, especially when the blood keeps coming out 10 hours after death, which indicates to anyone with any common sense that there possibly was another trauma, a blow to the head or whatever else.

Of course it could also be bad reporting, but even bad reporting does not arrive an conclusion that it was not a local MO.

Russian MO is a shot to the head, local MO is being strangled as there has been endless deaths of locals reported caused by strangulation in all sorts of shapes and forms

For all you know it may have been a case of asphyxiophilia which went wrongwhistling.gif

Pattaya is differant because it is the largest brothel on the planet, get real man.

Pattaya is differant because it is the largest brothel on the planet, get real man.

We are not talking about prostitution, but about crime

PS. Amsterdam is actually the largest,

Pattaya is not even mentioned, only Patong on most sites if you really want to be technicalthumbsup.gif

Edited by lemoncake

Tourist ??? He sure did well to P somebody off well and good in the 3 weeks he was in Pattaya. From the dicription of the crime seen and injuries to the victim it doesn't fit into a local's MO. Can I have an eachway bet that the assailant is one of his own ?

you know local MO? is that from being TV expert or special school training?

Yes I do know local MO'S. And no to your other two questions . It just seems that I know a little more about this than you currently do.

That's interesting. I guess you must be the murderer, given that you know so much. Quick, someone call the police.

I just heard that ThaiVisa is changing its name to ArmchairDetective. Thailand could save a lot of money by sacking the police and employing you lot. You manage to solve any crime within minutes. Lack of any evidence is no problem to you lot either.

Of course.

The lack of any evidence has never been a deterrent to people here from automatically presuming the guilt of local Thai's, or making wild theories about the crime scene.

However, when a foreigner, particularly a "farang," is accused of a crime, these very same people are then the first to pontificate about "innocent until proven guilty," let the justice system handle it before making assumptions, etc.

Typical double standards and hypocrisy, nothing new.

• Like 1

I suspect there will be a lot of pressure on the police to solve this case due to the Russian angle. After some serious crimes on Russians in the last couple of months, there was a crackdown on crime for a month to reassure tourists from the Russian market. So this crime will not go down well...

Using a bit of deductive reasoning, I am going to guess it was another Russian. The front desk person said he took home a girl every night, so that somewhat rules out a lady boy gone berserk. Also he appears to be a very strong man who most likely would put up a hell of a fight. Had it been a group of Thai men, he either would have had a LOT of bruising all over his body from being beaten by hard instruments by multiple assailants, or he would have been stabbed.

So I am going to go with a one on one fight with a very powerful man who overwhelmed the deceased. The wallet missing is interesting, so this was either a robbery, or the crime was committed for another reason and the stolen wallet was a cover. I am sure the police will release some kind of statement in a few days after they review the CCTV footage.

Edited by EyesWideOpen

I suspect there will be a lot of pressure on the police to solve this case due to the Russian angle. After some serious crimes on Russians in the last couple of months, there was a crackdown on crime for a month to reassure tourists from the Russian market. So this crime will not go down well...

Using a bit of deductive reasoning, I am going to guess it was another Russian. The front desk person said he took home a girl every night, so that somewhat rules out a lady boy gone berserk. Also he appears to be a very strong man who most likely would put up a hell of a fight. Had it been a group of Thai men, he either would have had a LOT of bruising all over his body from being beaten by hard instruments by multiple assailants, or he would have been stabbed.

So I am going to go with a one on one fight with a very powerful man who overwhelmed the deceased. The wallet missing is interesting, so this was either a robbery, or the crime was committed for another reason and the stolen wallet was a cover. I am sure the police will release some kind of statement in a few days after they review the CCTV footage.

I suspect...

I am going to guess...

That somewhat rules out...

I am going to go with....

Conclusion? '..so this was either a robbery, or the crime was committed for another reason.'

Well done.

I suspect...

I am going to guess...

That somewhat rules out...

I am going to go with....

Conclusion? '..so this was either a robbery, or the crime was committed for another reason.'

Well done.

Thanks !! :-) Since ThaiVisa is full of stories that are poorly reported and seldom followed up on, it is incumbent upon TV members to read these half baked stories, sift out whatever actual facts are in them, and using the deductive process, attempt to come up with their own conclusions. Sort of like a real life version of the game Clue..Or I guess you could just accept everything here at face value....hahahahaha... Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 2

UPDATE:
Erotic Asphyxiation or murder? Police investigate Russian Death at Pattaya Hotel

russia-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Police Major General Niwat, Deputy Commissioner of Region 2 Police is now leading the investigation into the apparent murder of a Russian Tourist at a Central Pattaya Hotel which occurred in the early hours of Tuesday.

CCTV at the Sutus Court Hotel in Soi Baokao has been carefully analyzed by Pattaya Police Investigators and two women were seen to enter and leave the room occupied by the victim, Mr. Andrei Komarov aged 39 from St. Petersburg in Russia, on the Monday and Tuesday.

Police were able to locate the first of the two women, as the Hotel keep copies of ID Cards or passports of unregistered guests. After a lengthy interview at Pattaya Police Station, the first woman aged 30 whose name was not given, was released without charge.

The second woman, Khun Tanya aged 37 was seen to enter the room at 1.47am on Tuesday and then left shortly after to purchase some food. She then returned and left again at 02.33am. The camera shows the victim letting her out of the room on the first occasion but not at 02.33am. It is thought that within a 30 minute time span Mr. Komarov died.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/77888/erotic-asphyxiation-murder-police-investigate-russian-death-pattaya-hotel/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-03-07

I just heard that ThaiVisa is changing its name to ArmchairDetective. Thailand could save a lot of money by sacking the police and employing you lot. You manage to solve any crime within minutes. Lack of any evidence is no problem to you lot either.

BINGO!

Rather sad really. sad.png

jackspratt, on 07 Mar 2013 - 07:33, said:

davejones, on 06 Mar 2013 - 22:53, said:

BINGO!

EyesWideOpen, on 07 Mar 2013 - 00:05, said:

Rather sad really. sad.png

Save your misplaced sympathy for yourself.... :-)

The facts here do not add up. Initial police reports indicated a fight

in the room, with blood on the walls and a broken bottle. The girl involved would have watched the front desk make a copy of her ID card, and should have seen the CCTV cameras everywhere. So unlikely she murdered him.

Why would the belt still be on the dresser? It should have still been around his neck if it was sex gone wrong and the girl fled when he died.

The "David Carradine auto asphyxiation hotel death syndrome " did not fly all that well the first time it was used, am surprised it is being brought up here. Oh well guess we will have to wait for the conclusion of the in depth police investigation...

• Like 1

I am assuming this happened in Sutus Court. Because unlike the experts on here speculating I am staying here. For hours they sealed the area off and a team of Police with masks, gloves and other CSI like devices where here and an ambulance was here for a very long time. The wing the body was in can be accessed from Soi Lengkee without reception knowing quite easily. So I saw a team of professional looking investigators, Police, medical crew and whatever and some concerned looking staff. But of course to some wannabees on here everyone has screwed the pooch. The lady on the front desk is painfully efficient and I doubt the wind can get past without her knowing what room it is heading but that wing used to be part of Opey De Place but there are a lot of CCTV cameras about. So let the Police do what they can without sniping at all concerned.

Surely there was noise coming from that room - indicating something was awry. Who's next? One lesson from this: If you are struggling for your life in a Pattaya hotel room - regardless of how much racket - no one hearing it is going to check to see what's up or lift a finger to either intervene or summon authorities. All will crawl in to their shells.

• Like 1

Tourist ??? He sure did well to P somebody off well and good in the 3 weeks he was in Pattaya. From the dicription of the crime seen and injuries to the victim it doesn't fit into a local's MO. Can I have an eachway bet that the assailant is one of his own ?

you know local MO? is that from being TV expert or special school training?

Yes I do know local MO'S. And no to your other two questions . It just seems that I know a little more about this than you currently do.

That's interesting. I guess you must be the murderer, given that you know so much. Quick, someone call the police.

I have a solid alibi for when the crime was committed. Ask my armchair. I was sitting in it all night.

Another 'tourist' finding his demise in sin city. I guess it makes headlines... Lucky I suppose one of the bar fly's did not end up the same way. Who knows what went down, it's all speculation - could simply be he didn't pay for a girl and she returned with her Thai pimp/boyfriend who exacted revenge. Was there no balcony?

may be there was a balcony, but he was not drunk to "jump"

one thing in the OP i find little strange is that he was bleeding from eyes, strangled people do not bleed from eyes

I have attended a few hanging suicides and you can bleed from the eyes. I am not saying all but I have seen a couple.

Was that after the 2009 Grand Final?????

What I find remarkable (perhaps I shouldn't) is that this topic has had over 12,000 views.

The death of Hugo Chavez thread (started at the same time) has had only just over 1,000.

Just saying..............

• Like 1

What I find remarkable (perhaps I shouldn't) is that this topic has had over 12,000 views.

The death of Hugo Chavez thread (started at the same time) has had only just over 1,000.

Hugo Who ?

I guess Hugo wasn't in Pattaya.

may be there was a balcony, but he was not drunk to "jump"

I have attended a few hanging suicides and you can bleed from the eyes. I am not saying all but I have seen a couple.

Was that after the 2009 Grand Final?????

No, the 1999 Prelim final against Carlton!