Vip Bus From Bangkok To Nakhon Phanom

lovelaos

the apparent confusion is mainly on your own part- VIP as such means nothing. THai overland buses are divided in 1st/2nd and 3d cl (extinguished on long trips) and now 4th=superdeluxe, only on a very few routes. Several different companies will serve this route. The usual TV-preachers will come and tell you to use Nakorn Chai Air- dont know if it in fact serves this route. NP is large enough to warrant a 4th cl. superdeluxe 999 service from BoKoSo.

For such long routes buses will dep. from the MOchit early morning=daytime and more around 19.00- 21.00 for overnight. Some of the companies allow online booking- more likely by fone though with a deadline then given to pay-perhaps even via counterserviice of Seven. On normal days there will no prob simply going to Mochit and finding seats for the next hour. BoKoSo can be booked via thaiticketmajor- Thai bank account needed for that.

the apparent confusion is mainly on your own part- VIP as such means nothing. THai overland buses are divided in 1st/2nd and 3d cl (extinguished on long trips) and now 4th=superdeluxe, only on a very few routes. Several different companies will serve this route. The usual TV-preachers will come and tell you to use Nakorn Chai Air- dont know if it in fact serves this route. NP is large enough to warrant a 4th cl. superdeluxe 999 service from BoKoSo.

For such long routes buses will dep. from the MOchit early morning=daytime and more around 19.00- 21.00 for overnight. Some of the companies allow online booking- more likely by fone though with a deadline then given to pay-perhaps even via counterserviice of Seven. On normal days there will no prob simply going to Mochit and finding seats for the next hour. BoKoSo can be booked via thaiticketmajor- Thai bank account needed for that.

I am not confused. I realise VIP means nothing, but as the Thais use the term VIP, I do also. I also realise people will tell me to fly and ordinarily I do. However, this time I am having eye surgery in Bkk which means I cannot fly.

Thanks for the info, but I really need a timetable as I will be getting picked up in NP and need to arrange beforehand.

• Like 1

Nakhonchai Air doesn't serve this route. Closest bet would be either Nakhonchai Air to Khon Kaen, then another 3-4 hour hop over to Nakhon Phanom.

I'd be interested if you can find an exact timetable with pre-bookable ticket, lovelaos.

Air Asia flies to Nakhon Phanom probably for about the same price as a "VIP" bus. Keep up.

Keep up???? did you read the thread? Go back and read it slowwwwwly.......keep up blink.png

OK I re-read it and I still see some clown wants to take a bus from BKK to Nakhon Phanom when you can fly for the same price but a tenth of the time.

Air Asia flies to Nakhon Phanom probably for about the same price as a "VIP" bus. Keep up.

Keep up???? did you read the thread? Go back and read it slowwwwwly.......keep up blink.png

OK I re-read it and I still see some clown wants to take a bus from BKK to Nakhon Phanom when you can fly for the same price but a tenth of the time.

Ok, wind your neck in, take a deep breath, relax, put your brain in gear and read the thread again. It really isn't a complex read.

However, just for you, I will repeat.........

I cannot fly because I am having eye surgery in Bangkok.

Got it??? thumbsup.gif

Edited by lovelaos

• 3 weeks later...

I took this service just on Tuesday night and had reporting to you in mind as a side issue.

Both Nokair and AirAsia were fully booked for the next three days so I had no choice. In preparation for my journey from the UK I did look at both airlines as an option and both were much more than the VIP bus ticket - ignoring time saved benefits.

Being stranded in BKK Suvha.... I asked for and got really good advice from the TAT info stand at the departure floor. He knew that tickets for the buses would be fully booked many hours in advance and recommended I went there in person, with the added benefit of a left luggage store for my oversize and overweight suitcase. I took the Makkasan express (cost 90 baht), then a taxi to MoChit (cost 120 baht) where the information desk guided me to windows 17 to 19 for the buses I required. Because of total lack of Thai I was unable to read any other sign that showed me an alternative.

The single ticket for the 7pm bus cost me 873 baht. There was also a 6pm and a 7.30 bus. The 7pm bus arrived in NP at about 7.15 am, having taken a leisurely plod from Sakhon Nakhon, dropping people every 10 km or so.

The bus was clean and well maintained. The seat was fully reclining and comfortable but rows 1 to 5 are best avoided as I really felt I was in the disaster movie in seat 1c.

The blanket provided was in a laundry bag and the meal box contained a cakelet and a slice of fruit bread. The making for coffee or tea in the box did not produce either cups or service at any time.

We stopped somewhere on route at 11pm for a comfort break and a Thai meal of sorts (inclusive on production of a ticket) which I forewent on allergy grounds.

Apart from having been ground down by the Jet Airways flight London - Mumbai - BKK I would have taken the VIP bus in my stride. As it was I survived and am now in the bosom of my family.

Looking at the ticket I cannot find any information for telephone booking.

I hope this helps you.

Best wishes

Stephen Wright