"renewing" A Full Green Book

Myran

Hello everyone.

To make a long story short, I have a Honda Bros 400cc that is registered in my name in Chon Buri. I am now staying in Bangkok, and the page in the green book where they register the yearly "checks/tax" is full. My usual shop in Bangkok says that I have to get a new book in Chon Buri, but couldn´t explain the process in more detail since they don´t speak English very well.

Could anyone give me some info about how to do this? Do i have to go to the DLT in Chon Buri, or could i just get a Honda dealer to take care of it for me? The process of transferring ownership of the bike to me was taken care of at a Honda "shop" in Pattaya.

Would I have to actually bring the bike to Pattaya, or can I just bring the green book? What type of documentation is needed other than the green book?

Any info about the process is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Since you have to change registration, I would think it would be done in BKK since that's the new area. If you are switching from different regions, you would have to bring the bike in so they can verify the VINs. Usually you can get a shop to take care of the paperwork is switching for you (for a small fee). It seems strange they said take it back to Pattaya.

Im not currently trying to transfer the bike to Bangkok, I just want to "renew" my green book since it is full. My normal shop in Bangkok can take care of the "switching", but for now I just want a new green book.

Yeah, what i want to know is if will have to bring the bike or just the book, and what other type of documentation is needed(certificate of residence etc). And if anyone knows of any good places with English-speaking staff that handle this sort of stuff in Pattaya, I would love to get their name/number/location etc.

Thanks

Recently i renewed the green book of one of my bikes and although it's got BKK plates and registration, i could do it at the local DLT ( Nang Rong in Buriram province)

I don't want a new registration because i like the old small plate.thumbsup.gif ( with the red stripe in the middle)

I just needed the old book, proof of third party insurance ( Pa Ra Bo) a local shop made the check up documents ( 80 THB) ( required for bikes older then 7 years??) didn't took the bike there, i scratched the framenumber and enginenumber on that sort of maskingtape myself.

No costs for the new book ( they kept the old one) in front there is a note saying it's the second book.

It problaly may vary on which erea/ province you life, all together it took me about 1 hour,good for another 15 years....

Recently i renewed the green book of one of my bikes and although it's got BKK plates and registration, i could do it at the local DLT ( Nang Rong in Buriram province)

I don't want a new registration because i like the old small plate.thumbsup.gif ( with the red stripe in the middle)

I just needed the old book, proof of third party insurance ( Pa Ra Bo) a local shop made the check up documents ( 80 THB) ( required for bikes older then 7 years??) didn't took the bike there, i scratched the framenumber and enginenumber on that sort of maskingtape myself.

No costs for the new book ( they kept the old one) in front there is a note saying it's the second book.

It problaly may vary on which erea/ province you life, all together it took me about 1 hour,good for another 15 years....

Wow that´s interesting, gonna have to look into that. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Thought I´d make an update in case someone else asks the same question in the future.

First of all I went to the DLT and asked if I could renew it in Bangkok, and if so what documents would needed. They told me that I only needed a shop to hook me up with the check-up documents(as mentioned by Dutchbike). Alternatively, I could also bring the bike in and they would check it themselves.

So I went to a check-up shop close to my apartment, but they wouldn´t issue the document without me bringing the bike in, even though I had made a rub-off of the VIN.

So I got the bike fixed and then got the check-up document and brought it to the DLT.

The whole process took about 15-20 minutes, and apart from hooking me up with the new green book, they also took care of the tax/insurance for next year.

All in all, it was a surprisingly easy and smooth process.

Thanks everyone for your answers, and in particular Dutchbiker; saved me a trip without the Mrs to Pattaya (damn!)