Secondhand/thrift Shop Clothing For Men

hermespan

Where are they? Perhaps unlike in Malaysia, Singapore and Japan--they don't exist. Used clothing seems to have a dirty reputation. I found a few high-end vintage shops at Jatujak weekend market and numerous low-end stalls in night markets, but second-hand thrift shops in the tradition of churches and charities providing clothing to the poor--never see them.

I rarely buy my garments off the rack (except in Cambodia where new clothing is cheap, especially as much is destined for foreign market and the fit, colours and style suits me) so I either get custom tailored in India or Vietnam, or buy cheap used clothing in Vancouver, Johor Baru and Honolulu.

I can't spend a day in BKK without passing at least a half dozen kiosks selling used or factory reject clothing. They're all over, but I suspect rental rates for permanent real estate is what forces them to operate in temporary kiosks. Makes it tough to look them up in the Yellow Pages, but they are all over the place.

Every thursday morning there is a market near the Asoke Sukhumvit intersection. They certainly sell second hand women's clothes, name brands at between 50 and 150 baht. My wife is always coming home with good quality goods (we now have a problem with lack of wardrobe space rolleyes.gif). If you want I can ask her the exact address.

Every thursday morning there is a market near the Asoke Sukhumvit intersection. They certainly sell second hand women's clothes, name brands at between 50 and 150 baht. My wife is always coming home with good quality goods (we now have a problem with lack of wardrobe space :rolleyes:). If you want I can ask her the exact address.

thanks. That's today. Yikes! Get my grated cocoanuttoo. When I find such markets I can usually buy a secondhand Aussie fit short for THB100+- The challengei s PANTS. The inseam is usually waaaaaaay too shallow. But this is a problem even in thriftshops in USA.

I asked last night for the location of the market. Coming down Petchaburi turn right into Soi Asoke. The market is about 100 metres down on your left hand side. Open Tuesday and Thursday morning quite early. Wife says it is a very good market, lots of clothes and food.

but second-hand thrift shops in the tradition of churches and charities providing clothing to the poor--never see them.

Is the OP asking about places to buy secondhand clothes, or places to donate them to? There are a couple of different charity places around BKK that accept donated clothes, and at least one of two of them also run retail shops...I think mostly in the Klong Toey area.

BTW, if the morning market mentioned above is close to Phetchaburi Road, then it's not really close to the Sukhumvit-Asoke intersection. Asoke and Phetchaburi intersection area sounds more like it.

but second-hand thrift shops in the tradition of churches and charities providing clothing to the poor--never see them.

Is the OP asking about places to buy secondhand clothes, or places to donate them to? There are a couple of different charity places around BKK that accept donated clothes, and at least one of two of them also run retail shops...I think mostly in the Klong Toey area.

BTW, if the morning market mentioned above is close to Phetchaburi Road, then it's not really close to the Sukhumvit-Asoke intersection. Asoke and Phetchaburi intersection area sounds more like it.

The OP wants to buy trousers that will fit him (see his other thread in the BKK forum). You are right about the location of the market, I did correct it after talking to my better half. I have never been there and probably will never so my original statement was an approximation which I corrected.

Chatchuk market has lots of the more trendy stuff 2nd hand.

Robinsons Ratchada is having a real blowout sale right now as they will be closing and remodelling the mall entirely. Prices are good for Thailand.

3 mrt stops from suk/asoke.

Slacks for b500 or less assuming you can fit in them.

Export Shop can have some great finds, most of it comes from Cambodia. MBK and Pattaya malls.

Edited by bangkokburning