Applying For A Re-Entry Permit In Another Province?

Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster here. I have a question about applying for a re-entry permit.

I'm an American citizen on a Non-B visa. I live and work in Bangkok, teaching. My school term is over and I'll be staying with my girlfriend in Nakhon Pathom for the next two months. In late April/early May we'll ge going to Cambodia for about two weeks. Can I get my re-entry permit at the immigration office in Nakhon Pathom? It would be much easier than making the trek to Jang Wattana. If I simply write her address on the re-entry form and explain I'm staying there over the break, would that be ok, or will they want me to go to the Bangkok immigration office?

Also, my 90 day report is due during the time I'll be in Cambodia. My understanding is that if I leave the country, the 90 days basically resets and I won't have to make another report until 90 days after I return. Is this correct?

Thanks!wai.gif

Suggest you go to Nakhon Pathom Immigration now and see if they'll give you the Re-Entry permit. If not, then lots of time remaining to head to Chang Wattana.

And, correct, if you're out of the country come 90-day report time, don't need to do it as you'll have been in-country less than 90 days.

Mac

Normally re-entry permits can only be done at the same immigration office as where the extension is issued. ( at least this is the rule in Phuket )

Only when you have to fly the same day (or day after) and can prove this with a ticket (Phuket) immigration will issue a single re-entry permit.

Bumping this one since the OP never reported back.

Apart from Phuket, is it possible to get a multiple re-entry permit issued against a 1-year extension at an Immigration office OTHER than the one that issued the extension?

My extension was issued in Udon but I may have to jump out to Japan to do an audit for a client early next week. I am staying in Pattaya for the weekend, will the Jomtien Immigration be amenable to issuing the re-entry permit on Monday? They seem to be quite busy and some recent posts indicate that the clerk receiving applications can be a prick less than helpful.

Or can it easily be done at Suvarnabhumi on the day of departure?

That baht 4,000 would be for a MULTIPLE Re-Entry permit, baht 3,800 + Photo from them. A SINGLE Re-Entry permit at Swampy would be about baht 1,200, baht 1,000 for the permit + the baht 200.

Your choice.

Mac

It would be the multi for me as usual. Need to get away as often as I can!